Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4 WISHLIST

[ Edited ]
Jan 8, 2015

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I'm not playing UC4 unless they fix the broken multiplayer engine. There is something very wrong with the hit detection and how residual damage is calculated. If I hit someone with two Hammer rounds in the face then they should be dead, period. I'm hoping they write a new engine from scratch because there are way too many bugs that ruin the game as it is now.

They dont have a choice but to redo the net-code.

Otherwise I can already see the impending **bleep** storm. 

Mod edit: Avoiding profanity filter. Click here for more information on the Rules of Conduct. - SpicyGoose19

Message 11 of 60 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I'm not playing UC4 unless they fix the broken multiplayer engine. There is something very wrong with the hit detection and how residual damage is calculated. If I hit someone with two Hammer rounds in the face then they should be dead, period. I'm hoping they write a new engine from scratch because there are way too many bugs that ruin the game as it is now.

Otherwise I can already see the impending sh!t storm. 

TLOU sold over 3 million copies, despite its crappy copy/pasted netcode.

What makes you think that ND will start caring about us in UC4?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 12 of 60 (475 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4354 posts

Jul 9, 2013
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Give me bigger maps, cars and destructible environments and I will be happy.
Message 13 of 60 (472 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 9, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

Just like every ND game i'm pretty sure majority didn't buy it for the tacked on MP, but considering the PS4 is a different architecture from the PS3 internally I naively assumed they couldn't just copy & past the same net code.

Message 14 of 60 (470 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 9, 2013

rengle598 wrote:
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Give me bigger maps, cars and destructible environments and I will be happy.

Cars? Smiley Frustrated

I was quite disappointed the first time I played desert village because they removed the destructible environmental elements.

Message 15 of 60 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

1) Just like every ND game i'm pretty sure majority didn't buy it for the tacked on MP

2) but considering the PS4 is a different architecture from the PS3 internally I naively assumed they couldn't just copy & past the same net code.

1) True, but ND only cares about sales = $$$$$$$.

Lots of sales = it's all good.

Who cares if a few thousand fans criticize them for their negligence in the MP department or for SP bugs (no loading, freezing, glitchy graphics on older consoles)? It's the majority that counts.

2) Not really.

Netcode is usually written in C (a high-level, portable language), not in assembly (a low-level, architecture-specific language).

Assembly is used for performance-critical code sections (graphics, physics, audio). It's a PITA to write code in assembly, especially for the Cell SPU architecture.

Zidane_Finito wrote:

rengle598 wrote:

Cars? Smiley Frustrated

I was quite disappointed the first time I played desert village because they removed the destructible environmental elements. 

Destructible environmental elements?! This map was introduced in the Subway beta and I don't remember anything like that.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 16 of 60 (461 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Jul 9, 2013

Yeah You're right but I guess it's good to remain optimistic for the time being, especially since UC3 MP was trashed by both the hardcore & gaming press, i'd like to think they're pride got burnt & they'll try to improve even though it doesn't help they are re-using the same engine.

Ah thanks for explaining but I highly doubt they could get away with using the same net code considering, it's been proven to be crap & technically broken & irreparable since TLOU has all the major bugs from UC2 & 3 plus some newer ones.

And I was referring to the stark difference in Desert Village from the Single Player should have made that clear Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 60 (458 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 10, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

Yeah You're right but I guess it's good to remain optimistic for the time being, especially since UC3 MP was trashed by both the hardcore & gaming press, i'd like to think they're pride got burnt & they'll try to improve even though it doesn't help they are re-using the same engine.

Ah thanks for explaining but I highly doubt they could get away with using the same net code considering, it's been proven to be crap & technically broken & irreparable since TLOU has all the major bugs from UC2 & 3 plus some newer ones.

And I was referring to the stark difference in Desert Village from the Single Player should have made that clear Smiley Happy

I know, I love destructible environments. Quick thinking and major destruction can utterly change the course in the map. Once again, I'll refer to the wonderfully unique multiplayer of Tomb Raider to point out that in every area, singleplayer and multiplayer, you can destroy something. In singleplayer there are petrol tanks which you can shoot and blow up. There are also generators hanging on pulleys and if you shoot the pulley, it'll fall down and crush whoever is below as well as blow up.

In multiplayer, if you detonate a bridge with an explosive it falls, killing people from the fall damage and killing the people underneath. They also have electrical traps including storms and pitchforks, a self-destruct button in a cave and many other wonderful things. The (only) good thing about the TR multiplayer is how unique it is when it comes to traps and environmental hazards. If we can get that but Uncharted-style, I'll give Naughty Dog money for something which is worthy of my money.

Bang Bang!

Message 18 of 60 (444 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Jul 10, 2013

rengle598 wrote:

Why am I picturing Battlefield.....

So yeah I don't like this.

Message 19 of 60 (438 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Jul 10, 2013
Lol rengle this isn't COD or BF......
Sleep Matt signature
Message 20 of 60 (435 Views)
0 Likes