Splicer
71 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 26, 2013

i want uncharted 2 MP back the way it was in 1.05 patch, with 4 player split screen and LAN, please ND dont make it a bullet sponge fest like U3!

Message 21 of 201 (682 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3509 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Pannta wrote:

i want uncharted 2 MP back the way it was in 1.05 patch, with 4 player split screen and LAN, please ND dont make it a bullet sponge fest like U3!

no way, patch 1.05 was the worst patch ever, and you won't find many people like you that like the low health which that patch introduced, you must know, that low health destroys everything Uncharted is about, with low health, climbing is almost certain death, stealthkills aren't needed because you can kill them with 3 shots in the back anyway, throwing a propane tank for a BBQ medal is not possible if the opponent looks at you, because you're dead before you can even throw it, low health works in first person shooters, not in action/adventure games, so either go play FPS's, or learn how to play Uncharted (not meant offensive)

Message 22 of 201 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Pannta wrote:

no way, patch 1.05 was the worst patch ever, and you won't find many people like you that like the low health which that patch introduced, you must know, that low health destroys everything Uncharted is about, with low health, climbing is almost certain death, stealthkills aren't needed because you can kill them with 3 shots in the back anyway, throwing a propane tank for a BBQ medal is not possible if the opponent looks at you, because you're dead before you can even throw it, low health works in first person shooters, not in action/adventure games, so either go play FPS's, or learn how to play Uncharted (not meant offensive)

low healt is exactly what this game needs!

Message 23 of 201 (674 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Aug 26, 2013

It just needs a considerable amount less blindfire/hipfire accuracy.

and

a

BETTER

NETCODE

Message 24 of 201 (671 Views)
Fender Bender
3509 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Pannta wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Pannta wrote:

give me one good reason...

Message 25 of 201 (668 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 26, 2013
SINGLEPLAYER
- Singleplayer store

COOPERATIVE
- Co-op Adventure with 4 players and option to play alone when your teammates drop out.
- Co-op Adventure would be 3+ stories, and each story is divided into chapters (like UC3). Voting would be either "Continue Story" or "Start New Story". "Start new story" would let players choose from the remaining stories (meaning the ongoing story is not a choice) and all stories from "Start New Story" will play off from the start. Not **bleep** Chapter 3 of 5.
- Co-op Difficulty toggle: Players can set the difficulties they want from the Options screen. Easy/Normal is on by default, but players can choose to turn on/off specific toggles. Matchmaking will match you with players with at least one similar difficulty choice to you (so if your toggle is Hard/Crushing, you can pair with Crushing only, Hard only and all toggles on. You CANNOT pair with people who toggled easy only, etc).
- Highlighted optimal difficulty: voting will color in difficulties with 2 or more players with that difficulty toggle set to on (if you're Hard/Crushing and you pair with all difficulty, Hard/Crushing will glow yellow). Color of glow indicates how many players have that difficulty toggle on.
- Solo Co-op Arena
- Villains in Co-op Adventure and Arena as Player Characters

CUSTOMIZATION
- No character weapons. If you want, character gun SKINS.
- Gun skin would be an option in the gun, not have 10 **bleep** guns because there are 10 skins for the gun.
- No stat hats, no TF2-ish clown crap. I want actual customization, not a **bleep** paper bag on my head.
- Custome color palette similar to Emblem color palette.
- Custom Character hair, and with hair variety. Hair is not under Hats.
- female Custom Characters.

COMPETITIVE
- At least spawn me in the spawn point with the least amount of enemies nearby.
- Keep Buddy system. I like it. I don't see why it need to be scrapped.
- HC mode, with no power weapons. HC mode means no mods, boosters, kickbacks and everyone has high health. Not low health. Don't screw this up, comprende?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 26 of 201 (660 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

1) The point of splitscreen is to help the player pool, aka pubs. What's the point of being Custom-exclusive? yes, but you must not sacrifice anything for a bigger player pool, the problem with splitscreeners is the team balancing, Naughty Dog doesn't know how good a splitscreener is, so they have no idea what that player is capable of, I see a lot of complaining about losing because of splitscreeners, and it annoys me as well, so no way I want to sit in a team with a team of 4 players playing quad splitscreen, do you?

2) Mercenary is needed, otherwise people will just spam the forums. let them spam, I don't care xD

15) Friends > Randumbs. yes, but a good friend is a friend who doesn't care to wait until the match you are in is over, I wait for my friends and I know my friends wait for me, we never quit, because that ruins the match for others...

16) Backing out via an official feature made by ND is not the same thing as quitting mid-match. it's not the same indeed, but I don't want quitters, if it is intended that way by ND or not...

17) Pulling out the plug/turning off the console/ejecting the disc cause mechanical stress. XMB sign out doesn't have any drawbacks. all people that care about their kd-ratio and therefore statquitting are either a bunch of kids that doesn't know it creates mechanical stress or don't care about their parent's router or their own ps3 because dad/mom will buy a new one for them or they are people living in basements without work, getting money from the state and buy a new router/ps3/disc from that money, statquitters care so much about their statistics, they will do anything to not make a bad match count...

22) Starhawk MP/Dust 514 say hi! ok, awesome, just saying, I'm not against a 4 months beta, I was just surprised by it Smiley Wink

24) You'll be proven wrong. PS4 will embrace new business models. well, I'm not saying I am right, I just find it difficult to believe Smiley Tongue

27) No late join = say hello to lopsided matches! not if they punish those quitters hard enough...

33) Missions are stupid. They hinder your team (i.e. Raffica kills). the mission system is not perfect, but I like having additional goals, but like I said, the system needs to be fixed and it needs proper rewards

35) Google/Wikipedia is your friend. saying that is even worse than giving me a wikipedia link Smiley Wink

42) Google "Lazarus' resurrection". do I have to do everything myself xD (oh, I know I am not good at googling, but I can only find about the bible story about Lazarus, so I have still no clue what you are talking about, don't be so cryptic Smiley Tongue )

43) VoIP = voice chat -_- oh, my bad xD

44) I don't mind sprinting if there's decent stopping power. sprinting is just not nescessary in the game, it ruins the flow of the game, it looks bad, it ruins my left analog stick, I hate it...

45) I don't mind offensive kickbacks. I do, I hate quickboom the most, the others are ok, but I prefer to see them gone...

46) I don't mind these mods and I use premodded weapons (No RoF/Accuracy). I do mind them, and so do many others

48) Agreed.

49) Agreed.

50) Agreed. good Smiley Tongue

1) Why would you sit in a team with 4 splitscreeners?

A splitscreen Po4 + matthijs = Po5? Why?

So no, you should join a mercenary playlist, if you are alone. Smiley Wink

15) Many of my friends are grown up adults with jobs and big boy responsibilities. Time is money. Nobody wants to sit in the lobby for 10min.

17) Then they will keep buying new PS4 consoles. That's the drawback. Pulling out the cable all the time will break your RJ-45 connector, not to mention that most people use WiFi, so they cannot pull out the cord. Smiley Wink

24) Yoshida and a ND employee have confirmed what I'm saying.

44) It's your fault for not using R3. I've been using it since the Summer beta, since it's more ergonomic. Try it and you'll thank me later.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 27 of 201 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3509 posts

Aug 26, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

1) The point of splitscreen is to help the player pool, aka pubs. What's the point of being Custom-exclusive? yes, but you must not sacrifice anything for a bigger player pool, the problem with splitscreeners is the team balancing, Naughty Dog doesn't know how good a splitscreener is, so they have no idea what that player is capable of, I see a lot of complaining about losing because of splitscreeners, and it annoys me as well, so no way I want to sit in a team with a team of 4 players playing quad splitscreen, do you?

2) Mercenary is needed, otherwise people will just spam the forums. let them spam, I don't care xD

15) Friends > Randumbs. yes, but a good friend is a friend who doesn't care to wait until the match you are in is over, I wait for my friends and I know my friends wait for me, we never quit, because that ruins the match for others...

16) Backing out via an official feature made by ND is not the same thing as quitting mid-match. it's not the same indeed, but I don't want quitters, if it is intended that way by ND or not...

17) Pulling out the plug/turning off the console/ejecting the disc cause mechanical stress. XMB sign out doesn't have any drawbacks. all people that care about their kd-ratio and therefore statquitting are either a bunch of kids that doesn't know it creates mechanical stress or don't care about their parent's router or their own ps3 because dad/mom will buy a new one for them or they are people living in basements without work, getting money from the state and buy a new router/ps3/disc from that money, statquitters care so much about their statistics, they will do anything to not make a bad match count...

22) Starhawk MP/Dust 514 say hi! ok, awesome, just saying, I'm not against a 4 months beta, I was just surprised by it Smiley Wink

24) You'll be proven wrong. PS4 will embrace new business models. well, I'm not saying I am right, I just find it difficult to believe Smiley Tongue

27) No late join = say hello to lopsided matches! not if they punish those quitters hard enough...

33) Missions are stupid. They hinder your team (i.e. Raffica kills). the mission system is not perfect, but I like having additional goals, but like I said, the system needs to be fixed and it needs proper rewards

35) Google/Wikipedia is your friend. saying that is even worse than giving me a wikipedia link Smiley Wink

42) Google "Lazarus' resurrection". do I have to do everything myself xD (oh, I know I am not good at googling, but I can only find about the bible story about Lazarus, so I have still no clue what you are talking about, don't be so cryptic Smiley Tongue )

44) I don't mind sprinting if there's decent stopping power. sprinting is just not nescessary in the game, it ruins the flow of the game, it looks bad, it ruins my left analog stick, I hate it...

45) I don't mind offensive kickbacks. I do, I hate quickboom the most, the others are ok, but I prefer to see them gone...

46) I don't mind these mods and I use premodded weapons (No RoF/Accuracy). I do mind them, and so do many others

48) Agreed.

49) Agreed.

1) Why would you sit in a team with 4 splitscreeners? not in a party, you said that the game should allow for 4 player splitscreen, I assume that means that that 4 splitscreeners can participate in public matches, can they?  so, I'm just saying that I really am not looking forward to be the 5th player in a team with the rest of my teammates being the 4 splitscreeners, right?

So no, you should join a mercenary playlist, if you are alone. Smiley Wink nah, I have nothing against playing against parties when I'm alone, but if I then get such horrible teammates that is quite annoying, team balancing should get fixed anyway, but if you allow splitscreeners in public matches, there's no where you can balance teams properly...

15) Many of my friends are grown up adults with jobs and big boy responsibilities. Time is money. Nobody wants to sit in the lobby for 10min. that's not fair, 10 minutes is nothing, and if nobody wants that, why do my friends have no problem with it? if those 10 minutes are to much for you, then spend those 10 minutes less on the forum here, problem solved Smiley Tongue

17) Then they will keep buying new PS4 consoles. That's the drawback. Pulling out the cable all the time will break your RJ-45 connector, not to mention that most people use WiFi, so they cannot pull out the cord. Smiley Wink a well, you probably have a point, but statquitters will do anything to make a bad match not count, however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't make it more difficult for them, so no sign out option would be cool

24) Yoshida and a ND employee have confirmed what I'm saying. that some games will be f2p from the beginning? or just new buseniss models (which is just PR talk)

44) It's your fault for not using R3. I've been using it since the Summer beta, since it's more ergonomic. Try it and you'll thank me later. I don't like pushing the sticks, anyway, I don't hate sprint just because of the controller, I don't like how it looks too, it's part of the clunky movement in UC3 and I personally want to see it removed

Message 28 of 201 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 26, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

48) Agreed.

49) Agreed.

1) Why would you sit in a team with 4 splitscreeners? not in a party, you said that the game should allow for 4 player splitscreen, I assume that means that that 4 splitscreeners can participate in public matches, can they?  so, I'm just saying that I really am not looking forward to be the 5th player in a team with the rest of my teammates being the 4 splitscreeners, right?

So no, you should join a mercenary playlist, if you are alone. Smiley Wink nah, I have nothing against playing against parties when I'm alone, but if I then get such horrible teammates that is quite annoying, team balancing should get fixed anyway, but if you allow splitscreeners in public matches, there's no where you can balance teams properly...

15) Many of my friends are grown up adults with jobs and big boy responsibilities. Time is money. Nobody wants to sit in the lobby for 10min. that's not fair, 10 minutes is nothing, and if nobody wants that, why do my friends have no problem with it? if those 10 minutes are to much for you, then spend those 10 minutes less on the forum here, problem solved Smiley Tongue

17) Then they will keep buying new PS4 consoles. That's the drawback. Pulling out the cable all the time will break your RJ-45 connector, not to mention that most people use WiFi, so they cannot pull out the cord. Smiley Wink a well, you probably have a point, but statquitters will do anything to make a bad match not count, however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't make it more difficult for them, so no sign out option would be cool

24) Yoshida and a ND employee have confirmed what I'm saying. that some games will be f2p from the beginning? or just new buseniss models (which is just PR talk)

44) It's your fault for not using R3. I've been using it since the Summer beta, since it's more ergonomic. Try it and you'll thank me later. I don't like pushing the sticks, anyway, I don't hate sprint just because of the controller, I don't like how it looks too, it's part of the clunky movement in UC3 and I personally want to see it removed

1) Yeah, team balancing should be improved.

We really need splitscreen to quadruple the player pool. There are 80 million PS3s, but there will only be 1 million PS4s at launch. Maybe 5 million PS4s in late 2014.

It's simple maths and you can't really argue that.

15) Because most of your friends still go to school perhaps? No offense, I've been at your age and I know how it feels like to have plenty of time.

24) F2P from day 1.

44) It was fine in the Summer beta and nobody complained about it. Lack of sprinting + maps like Airstrip = horrible traversing

Just bring back more stopping power (even as a paid booster -> Heavy Bullets) and teach those blindfire scrubs a lesson! xD

It's not fair to punish people who want sprinting for traversing purposes, just because there are some rushing/blindfire freaks.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 29 of 201 (637 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Pannta wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Pannta wrote:

Exactly what it NOT needs. This is game has small maps which would mean that the person that shoots the other in the back first wins with 0 chance of the other person being able to turn the fight around even if the person shooting is a level 1 that plays the game for the first time and the person being shot is a max-level member of one of the best Uncharted clans.

The game would become highly luck dependend like Uncharted 2 is since most kills are made by shooting people in the back instead of straight 1v1 battles.

But hey if lowering the health is seriously the only improvement you can think of for this game I doubt you know what you are talking about. Besides you only play TDM and have never played Plunder and TO in Uncharted 3, you have no idea how annoying those game modes would be if you die the second you would stop caming.

Message 30 of 201 (632 Views)