Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
208 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 4, 2013

The thing I want most is it to be a different experience but still feel like an uncharted game both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

I dont want UC4 to be a game with just better graphics and a little bit more stuff that has all been done before.

Please use plain text.
Message 101 of 195 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Sep 12, 2013
So much effort goes into this and ND still doesn't care.
°-°
Please use plain text.
Message 102 of 195 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2251 posts

Sep 12, 2013

kio123waxcolor wrote:
So much effort goes into this and ND still doesn't care.
°-°

just because they don't post any comments on the subject, doesn't mean they don't care ...

Please use plain text.
Message 103 of 195 (272 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Sep 13, 2013
^^
Their action prove otherwise -_-
I love this game but I'm not some delusional fool either....

All these patches to fix stuff that needed attention, yet many huge issues still go unnoticed. LOOK at the blindfire threads and individual posts by many uncharted vets dealing with blindfire, look at the ping toggle threads for the all too common godly lagger, weapon balancing, and many more.

Many great threads gone to waste with so much effort by forumers to get it noticed as well as providing fair alternatives. Yeah they sure seem to care by dodging our questions and giving PR answers.....
Please use plain text.
Message 104 of 195 (244 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013
I agree with Matthijs_17 about the fact that Uncharted multi is pretty different from other online titles and that what's make it great! (Pulldowns, kicks, verticality and climbing, shooting while on zipline even grenades etc)

Some posts here are a little too elaborate maybe...? I mean, we can trust ND on some things like story, single players and graphics! :smileyhappy:

What I want mainly for U4 multi is no aim assist, lowered accuracy for hip fire and no autoaim while jumping, that's a plague in the game. Also a way to reduce constant jumping, it looks goofy...

Also a return of a coop survival only mode from U2 but with some kind of a 11th "boss wave" (different in every stage) would be GREAT! :smileyhappy:

As you see I'm asking for more skill-related things, on the subject, I'm hoping for a toned down game in CoD-y stuff like kickbacks and weapons mods...remove them or at least some for a more balanced game. Let the customization be visuals only and less goofy like already mentioned by some here.

For the ones asking for less dynamic stages, for competitives reasons, I disagree, it makes for a more visceral gameplay, add more dynamics to the stages, more openable doors, more stage-changing events, it reduce camping and players always staying in the same room! If you want competitive just allow people to make map-lists.
Please use plain text.
Message 105 of 195 (230 Views)
Sackboy
468 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013
@sQuiiDx :

About the map editor I'm sure it could be done on PS4 with a block mesh look! :smileyhappy:. I hope those will return, some maps are great, just a some bump map textures to the wall (just for relief like brick and wood) and a different color for the floor!!

And for separate hit boxes, again, with next gen tech for me it's a given, it's will be way easier to detect collisions on differents body parts on next gen consoles, I EXPECT and WANT this in U4 ND. :smileyhappy: ...I also expect better kill animations based on where we were lethally hit.

@snake134678 :
I can agree in a way with a different experience and not just a graphic overhaul. Problem is people are afraid of changes (just look at some people reactions to U3 dynamic maps like Airstrip intro) and want their gameplay intact (I can undestand that too in a way for Uncharted but let's not make a CoD by releasing the same game everytime, I'm not too worried about that with ND)

For me a way to make U4 a little of a fresh experience would be to add more moves in the same lines that pull downs and kick downs...more contextual modes like those. I would even add a dive-to-cover move if it was me and a side-dive during wich we can shoot but without any slomo effects or autoaim...make it to aim while diving so it will t be abused. But I know people will reject the idea cause it cold change the gameplay too much...but I think if implemented well people will to dive every 2 seconds.

I would like more skill-moves too, am I the only one that is asking himself were all the hard-to-pull moves or previous generations of gaming are gone?? Imagine something like if you hold the grenade button and swipe down on the DS4 touchpad you throw a grenade down on your back at like 1 meter, and yo could do it o he sides too. I want to be proud of my enemies when they kill me, that's what I like of Uncharted sometimes, some superb kills, but sometimes when I'm killed by a guy jumping with a rpg and shooting me behind him while he's not aiming at all...get rid of that! Please ND remove cheap tactics and add some advanced moves! You'll make me a happy man! :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 106 of 195 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

Sep 14, 2013

I don't know if I posted here... But I will do it again if I haven't.

Single Player:

Store

Better story that actually makes sense and feels finished.

No more filler concepts (Train of doom twice in Uncharted 2 and the Sands of time *Felt like forever* Uncharted 3)

Thats it for SP.. See I don't even have much to complain about.

Multiplayer:

No more nerfing everything people want, that only breaks things, especially in a fast paced game.

Make the multiplayer appeal to more people (The right track was used with Uncharted 3 and then taken away) Summer beta was spot on, Subway beta was overkill, and launch was overkill, After about 1.03 it was almost right.

Kickbacks to only be defensive, not offensive. Let people earn their kills.

No more welfare system otherwise known as powerplays. Make people improve rather than rely on help.

Hipfire severely changed, it was a joke in the summer beta, that was fixed somewhat towards the end, it was a joke in the subway beta that was never fixed and we still have the remains today.

Thats it.

Please use plain text.
Message 107 of 195 (221 Views)
Fender Bender
2851 posts

Sep 14, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

I don't know if I posted here... But I will do it again if I haven't.

Single Player:

No more filler concepts (Train of doom twice in Uncharted 2 and the Sands of time *Felt like forever* Uncharted 3)

the train in UC2 was not a filler at all, it was an amazing into that took you right into the experience, you're immediately interested in the story, besides, they changed the camera angles and Nate said other lines while climbing the train, and it was a 3-minute section that was 'copied'...

I think the desert in Uncharted 3 was cool, but the problem with something that drags on so long, is that on a second playtrough, where you already know how it's going to end, then it gets a little boring indeed...

Please use plain text.
Message 108 of 195 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10023 posts

Sep 14, 2013
The UC2 train part had a different story the secind time around. The first one is basically get off the train, no questions. The second is that you're there because you decide to rescue some chick that would be a filler character in the third game.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 109 of 195 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13336 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 14, 2013

I didn't enjoy climbing it the first time. The second time.. Was just... WHY...

I hate things that are there for no reason, if they were that desperate for it to be in the game they should have just left it where it belonged, in it's chapter half way through the game.

Once I could accept. It actually did have a point.

Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 195 (184 Views)
0 Likes