First Son
19 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2013

Whatever they do, they NEED to bring back split-screen co-op. That was a major influence as to why I think this is one of the greatest games ever made. Literally no game has done split-screen co-op online as well as Uncharted 3 has.

Message 91 of 201 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Sep 2, 2013
E-sports are cool. I watch LCS(League of Legends Championship Series) every now and then. It's like a soccer game but then with video games. They always have 2 commentators and the matches take place very often. But Uncharted will never be so big, League has always around 200K viewers and they make millions with micro transactions that are actually are completely optional and don't give an unfair advantage. So they can afford events of that size.
Message 92 of 201 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Sep 2, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:
E-sports are cool. I watch LCS(League of Legends Championship Series) every now and then. It's like a soccer game but then with video games. They always have 2 commentators and the matches take place very often. But Uncharted will never be so big, League has always around 200K viewers and they make millions with micro transactions that are actually are completely optional and don't give an unfair advantage. So they can afford events of that size.

don't insult soccer matches like that, not cool Smiley Sad

Message 93 of 201 (650 Views)
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Sep 3, 2013
First of all, great job on the post brotha. Like that you put a lot of thought into this and it’s nice to get someone other than the typical “10” give their opinions on what we’d like to see for Uncharted (4).
Gonna hit on the things that mostly pertain to what I was involved with around here.
Format: Don’t agree with the 6v6 format unless these maps suddenly get much larger. 5v5 has always been a staple of UC and the competitive field mostly uses 4v4 to eliminate the “wild card” factor of a 5th player. It would become too chaotic and would further increase the lack of competitive basis. If you’re looking for a totally different type of multiplayer than what the current entries supply, then yes why not change the mold but if we want to make this MORE competitive and more enjoyable for all player types, then the format needs to stay the way it is for the most part.
Ranking System: I agree, Halo 2 had one of the best ranking systems ever. This should be an easy transition back to what UC2 had with a few tweaks on player “skill”, location and signal strength. Need to keep this simple. Don’t try to convolute the process. Don’t be “that guy”.
Maps: Don’t agree with fresh maps. That would require more time and it wouldn’t fit the environments. If you want to make maps balanced, then it all comes down to spawns and on-map item locations. Yes, symmetrical builds work best because it requires little effort to make them effective but I think you can easily rework multiple UC3 maps with some terrain changes and spawn retooling, making those maps worthwhile on a competitive front. Just because you can’t draw a line down the middle, doesn’t mean the map isn’t good. Take for example Airstrip. Remove that back wall near villain spawn hanger, change how the map spawns incoming players on Plunder and OBJ, and you’ve got an even better map. Let ND come up with the design and hopefully they’ll let us play some Beta format to check this kind of stuff in the future. Let’s not reinvent the wheel here. The form of Uncharted works and straying too far from that is going to completely change the way Uncharted plays. While I agree with not re-hashing old maps (which they’ll do to make an extra buck) it would be nice to see different takes on those locales, much like their Block Mesh Maps
Modes:
Domination is already in the game, just needs to be separated from OBJ (at least on a custom game front). We’ve asked for OBJ modes to be removed for quite a while.
No to the multi-flag CTF, would be a clustercluck.
No to the remaining modes. OBJ is great if they remove TDM and at the very least rework Marked Man. If we want a new game mode, fit it in there. Something like a mini-rush mode where one team tries to take treasure in a sequence or something similar.
Elimination would work best if there was some form of objective. I LOVE elimination on UC3 but the player pool is quite small. I think the addition of some sort of “objective” would bring more players into that mode.
Also, even if the player base is 1k, they should bring back HC for those who want it. Classic Mode was bleh.
IF we want to get serious here, something a fair amount of the competitive players have asked for, then why not add a “competitive” playlist like there was in UC2? Granted it was a pseudo-comp playlist but it put all the good modes together in one playlist. Bring that back.

Map Editor: Man, this would be pretty cool but I’m not sure if ND wants to give that up to the fans. That’s my opinion but I consider this a long shot.
Progression System: Pick 10 is great but it fits into THAT franchise and not Uncharted per se (but then again, what does? Lol). I personally don’t believe it’s all that effective in TLOU because of the disparity in weapon usage. I believe their needs to be a better counter-balance with all the boosters but if the goal is to make everything open (outside of weapons and specific attachments and specific boosters) at launch, then it needs to be simplified and there needs to be more options in terms of loadouts. If there is a heavy focus from the developer on making each weapon unique and allow for pros/cons to convey into gameplay then I’m all for it. I think the current system works just “fine”; with some necessary tweaks here and there it would be outstanding. The focus should be elsewhere, like gameplay and weapon mechanics tbh, those areas are in need of help.
HUD Notifications: There’s already a system like this in Uncharted (red x). People use the “on my X” callout quite a bit.
Blindfiring: I think we beat this dead horse into dead horse limbo
Loadouts: This adds diversity of play style if done right. Making one gun the go-to in most encounters is stupid and that is what hurt UC3. If you distribute the abilities of each weapon type effectively, then it reduces the issues with the loadout system. Just have 4 different types of ranges, with two guns in each category. I don’t think I need to go into what needs to be changed, as this has also been beat into the ground. Tweak the guns, create specific play styles around the loadouts you can build and allow the players to adapt to the changing landscape of the player pool. We don’t need to take steps back, lets move forward with what we have and find ways to rework that.
Dedicated Servers: Man do I miss these on a majority of today’s shooters. It would be great but that requires a lot more effort from ND and possibly more employees to make this happen. It would fix a lot of problems but I don’t see them being a free thing. I really wouldn’t mind paying 20 bucks for 2 months for a server if I could have total control over its options, playlists, room size and more. You know the standards in terms of dedicated servers.
Separate Hitboxes: We can dream, right?
Clans/Groups: Auliera (sp?) had a great write up on how these would work for UC3 and a lot of members here have provided great input for this kind of thing. This flows into the tournament system I suggested, something similar to KZ2 or SOCOM2. A lot of this kind of information is ambitious and would require a lot of effort from both the community and ND. Not saying it won’t or can’t happen but there needs to be a big push for this from more than just 3-4 people over the course of a year. Let’s wait and see what gets announced in the future.
Custom Games: I originally asked for 50+ additions to the custom game options on UC3. ND still has the list, so hopefully they’ll look over it again if necessary.
Kickbacks: I don’t agree they should be removed, however how they are obtained (specifically) and a better focus in offensive and defensive types would be nice, in addition to balancing or replacing some of them. I plan to go over this with tripleWRECK in the near future.
Spectator Mode: Been asking for this since October 2011. Pretty sure I’ve made my point with ND on this.
Official Tournaments: Dude, there’s not a person on this game (outside of triple maybe) that wants this more. Clamored for this for almost two years and what I’ve learned from that experience though is it has to be larger than just “free advertising”. It has to reach a MAXIMUM amount of player base (that means non-traditional competitive players), allow for month long hype-trains, it has to have a fiscal return for the studio and SCEA (doesn’t always mean money) and you have to have the right people running the event (volunteers are great and that is what made FN thrive for 7 seasons and multiple B2K tournaments but it has its own issues). There is so much that goes into this that the average gamer doesn’t even comprehend. The foundation is set and ND is well aware of the competitive front as I didn’t let them forget it lol. The ball is in their court but it will STILL require maximum effort from our front. So let’s see what they decide and we’ll go from there. Worst case, we keep doing what we did before but I believe ND has faith in that 4k+ competitive community to really help take UC(4) to a new level. They know we exist and having a base is extremely important in building a better future. 

Sorry for format,  on phone
Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 94 of 201 (622 Views)
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Well it's the same concept with a different game I didn't say which one was better and everyone has their own favorite. Except soccer games have more viewers. I really don't see how you can be offended by that. And if you do you probably wanted to.

Message 95 of 201 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 3, 2013

1. Nerf Fleet Foot
2. Nerf blindfire
3. Eliminate Rate of Fire completely from every weapon in the game.
4. Don't allow parties of 5 of max leveled players to slaughter new players/low leveled  players.
5. Reduce number of power weapons.

Those are the main things for me.

Message 96 of 201 (598 Views)
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Well it's the same concept with a different game I didn't say which one was better and everyone has their own favorite. Except soccer games have more viewers. I really don't see how you can be offended by that. And if you do you probably wanted to.

well, personally I think playing league of legends is not cool, and watching it is even more not cool Smiley Tongue

but yeah, you know that I hate everything and I'm such a pessimist, and you know I am not offended, I just wanted to let you know that watching soccer is way more fun than watching others play a game Smiley Wink

Message 97 of 201 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3482 posts

Sep 3, 2013

sQuiiDx wrote:
First of all, great job on the post brotha. Like that you put a lot of thought into this and it’s nice to get someone other than the typical “10” give their opinions on what we’d like to see for Uncharted (4).
Gonna hit on the things that mostly pertain to what I was involved with around here.
Format: Don’t agree with the 6v6 format unless these maps suddenly get much larger. 5v5 has always been a staple of UC and the competitive field mostly uses 4v4 to eliminate the “wild card” factor of a 5th player. It would become too chaotic and would further increase the lack of competitive basis. If you’re looking for a totally different type of multiplayer than what the current entries supply, then yes why not change the mold but if we want to make this MORE competitive and more enjoyable for all player types, then the format needs to stay the way it is for the most part.
Ranking System: I agree, Halo 2 had one of the best ranking systems ever. This should be an easy transition back to what UC2 had with a few tweaks on player “skill”, location and signal strength. Need to keep this simple. Don’t try to convolute the process. Don’t be “that guy”.
Maps: Don’t agree with fresh maps. That would require more time and it wouldn’t fit the environments. If you want to make maps balanced, then it all comes down to spawns and on-map item locations. Yes, symmetrical builds work best because it requires little effort to make them effective but I think you can easily rework multiple UC3 maps with some terrain changes and spawn retooling, making those maps worthwhile on a competitive front. Just because you can’t draw a line down the middle, doesn’t mean the map isn’t good. Take for example Airstrip. Remove that back wall near villain spawn hanger, change how the map spawns incoming players on Plunder and OBJ, and you’ve got an even better map. Let ND come up with the design and hopefully they’ll let us play some Beta format to check this kind of stuff in the future. Let’s not reinvent the wheel here. The form of Uncharted works and straying too far from that is going to completely change the way Uncharted plays. While I agree with not re-hashing old maps (which they’ll do to make an extra buck) it would be nice to see different takes on those locales, much like their Block Mesh Maps
Modes:
Domination is already in the game, just needs to be separated from OBJ (at least on a custom game front). We’ve asked for OBJ modes to be removed for quite a while.
No to the multi-flag CTF, would be a clustercluck.
No to the remaining modes. OBJ is great if they remove TDM and at the very least rework Marked Man. If we want a new game mode, fit it in there. Something like a mini-rush mode where one team tries to take treasure in a sequence or something similar.
Elimination would work best if there was some form of objective. I LOVE elimination on UC3 but the player pool is quite small. I think the addition of some sort of “objective” would bring more players into that mode.
Also, even if the player base is 1k, they should bring back HC for those who want it. Classic Mode was bleh.
IF we want to get serious here, something a fair amount of the competitive players have asked for, then why not add a “competitive” playlist like there was in UC2? Granted it was a pseudo-comp playlist but it put all the good modes together in one playlist. Bring that back.

Map Editor: Man, this would be pretty cool but I’m not sure if ND wants to give that up to the fans. That’s my opinion but I consider this a long shot.
Progression System: Pick 10 is great but it fits into THAT franchise and not Uncharted per se (but then again, what does? Lol). I personally don’t believe it’s all that effective in TLOU because of the disparity in weapon usage. I believe their needs to be a better counter-balance with all the boosters but if the goal is to make everything open (outside of weapons and specific attachments and specific boosters) at launch, then it needs to be simplified and there needs to be more options in terms of loadouts. If there is a heavy focus from the developer on making each weapon unique and allow for pros/cons to convey into gameplay then I’m all for it. I think the current system works just “fine”; with some necessary tweaks here and there it would be outstanding. The focus should be elsewhere, like gameplay and weapon mechanics tbh, those areas are in need of help.
HUD Notifications: There’s already a system like this in Uncharted (red x). People use the “on my X” callout quite a bit.
Blindfiring: I think we beat this dead horse into dead horse limbo
Loadouts: This adds diversity of play style if done right. Making one gun the go-to in most encounters is stupid and that is what hurt UC3. If you distribute the abilities of each weapon type effectively, then it reduces the issues with the loadout system. Just have 4 different types of ranges, with two guns in each category. I don’t think I need to go into what needs to be changed, as this has also been beat into the ground. Tweak the guns, create specific play styles around the loadouts you can build and allow the players to adapt to the changing landscape of the player pool. We don’t need to take steps back, lets move forward with what we have and find ways to rework that.
Dedicated Servers: Man do I miss these on a majority of today’s shooters. It would be great but that requires a lot more effort from ND and possibly more employees to make this happen. It would fix a lot of problems but I don’t see them being a free thing. I really wouldn’t mind paying 20 bucks for 2 months for a server if I could have total control over its options, playlists, room size and more. You know the standards in terms of dedicated servers.
Separate Hitboxes: We can dream, right?
Clans/Groups: Auliera (sp?) had a great write up on how these would work for UC3 and a lot of members here have provided great input for this kind of thing. This flows into the tournament system I suggested, something similar to KZ2 or SOCOM2. A lot of this kind of information is ambitious and would require a lot of effort from both the community and ND. Not saying it won’t or can’t happen but there needs to be a big push for this from more than just 3-4 people over the course of a year. Let’s wait and see what gets announced in the future.
Custom Games: I originally asked for 50+ additions to the custom game options on UC3. ND still has the list, so hopefully they’ll look over it again if necessary.
Kickbacks: I don’t agree they should be removed, however how they are obtained (specifically) and a better focus in offensive and defensive types would be nice, in addition to balancing or replacing some of them. I plan to go over this with tripleWRECK in the near future.
Spectator Mode: Been asking for this since October 2011. Pretty sure I’ve made my point with ND on this.
Official Tournaments: Dude, there’s not a person on this game (outside of triple maybe) that wants this more. Clamored for this for almost two years and what I’ve learned from that experience though is it has to be larger than just “free advertising”. It has to reach a MAXIMUM amount of player base (that means non-traditional competitive players), allow for month long hype-trains, it has to have a fiscal return for the studio and SCEA (doesn’t always mean money) and you have to have the right people running the event (volunteers are great and that is what made FN thrive for 7 seasons and multiple B2K tournaments but it has its own issues). There is so much that goes into this that the average gamer doesn’t even comprehend. The foundation is set and ND is well aware of the competitive front as I didn’t let them forget it lol. The ball is in their court but it will STILL require maximum effort from our front. So let’s see what they decide and we’ll go from there. Worst case, we keep doing what we did before but I believe ND has faith in that 4k+ competitive community to really help take UC(4) to a new level. They know we exist and having a base is extremely important in building a better future. 

Sorry for format,  on phone

agreed, however, I don't see why spectator mode, seperate hitboxes and those tournaments are so important, but hey if it makes other people happy and it doesn't ruin my fun, then why not Smiley Happy

Message 98 of 201 (586 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2381 posts

Sep 3, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Hielke6991 wrote:

well, personally I think playing league of legends is not cool, and watching it is even more not cool Smiley Tongue

but yeah, you know that I hate everything and I'm such a pessimist, and you know I am not offended, I just wanted to let you know that watching soccer is way more fun than watching others play a game Smiley Wink

And I never said it wasn't,

Message 99 of 201 (579 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Sep 4, 2013
If possible, if ND could just apply any of the Co-op suggestions I gave on page 3, that would be great.

Especially the Co-op ADV suggestion. I don't like Arena that much. I want a cool story-based co-op game.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 100 of 201 (558 Views)
0 Likes