Message 171 of 195 (368 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13263 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Feb 10, 2014

RedLegend14 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Don't know what Uncharted 2 you have. But I'm usually playing Plunder, TDM or in the All competitive modes playlist on Uncharted 2. They are all full of players.

Every time I try to play U2 I can just barely find one player. :smileyindifferent:

Yeah some of my friends have the same issue. it all depends on where you are located and what level you are. For some reason if I use this account I can't find matches, if I use my other account it works.

Please use plain text.
Message 172 of 195 (344 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6950 posts

Feb 16, 2014
Really? I use this account and I get matches regularly as do my friends and parties I'm in....??
Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 173 of 195 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Feb 17, 2014

SteepMatt wrote:
Really? I use this account and I get matches regularly as do my friends and parties I'm in....??

You don't play UC2 tho :smileyfrustrated:

Please use plain text.
Message 174 of 195 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13263 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

The next Uncharted has to be on dedicated servers I really can't see them getting away with using P2P. So everything you've said won't apply. And even if they used P2P having 4 active Online games won't cause 'lag' that comes down to their network code infrastructure (which is absolutely terrible for UC3), use of Lag compensation, Ping filter search + Host selection & of course latency, which is why they need to have dedicated servers & regional match-making esecially since the PS4 userbase will still be relatively small.

Dedicated servers are not the solution.

Play Blacklight Retribution on PS4 and tell me why Dedicated Servers will help? Because all I'm getting there is 300 pings and lag beyond anything Uncharted could ever dream of throwing at me.

All they need to do is have proper matchmaking based on connections. better netcode and that is all. None of this level based matchmaking crap which separates pools, none of this DLC pool crap. Everyone, one giant player pool, with every map, and obviously better netcode.

ND really need to hire someone from Treyarch or Dice for the netcode. I'm sure Battlefield and CoD lag.. but I really don't notice it, at least there I die because I deserved it.

Could be worse, try Tomb Raider or Kane and Lynch 2. The netcode for those games is beyond atrocious.

Please use plain text.
Message 175 of 195 (266 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Feb 17, 2014

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

The next Uncharted has to be on dedicated servers I really can't see them getting away with using P2P. So everything you've said won't apply. And even if they used P2P having 4 active Online games won't cause 'lag' that comes down to their network code infrastructure (which is absolutely terrible for UC3), use of Lag compensation, Ping filter search + Host selection & of course latency, which is why they need to have dedicated servers & regional match-making esecially since the PS4 userbase will still be relatively small.

Play Blacklight Retribution on PS4 and tell me why Dedicated Servers will help? Because all I'm getting there is 300 pings and lag beyond anything Uncharted could ever dream of throwing at me.

All they need to do is have proper matchmaking based on connections. better netcode and that is all. None of this level based matchmaking crap which separates pools, none of this DLC pool crap. Everyone, one giant player pool, with every map, and obviously better netcode.

ND really need to hire someone from Treyarch or Dice for the netcode. I'm sure Battlefield and CoD lag.. but I really don't notice it, at least there I die because I deserved it.

Could be worse, try Tomb Raider or Kane and Lynch 2. The netcode for those games is beyond atrocious.

Blacklight Retribrution has been buggy & riddled with technical problems since 2012. It's still in Beta in my eyes, they released a crappy version on PS4 along with their terrible netcode + the fact no one is really playing that game so yeh it lags really bad even on PC at times.

They just need to get Guerrilla Games help them with the netcode. I agree about no DLC tho, I hope they follow the KZ Shadow Fall formula.

Please use plain text.
Message 176 of 195 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13263 posts

Feb 17, 2014

wycliff_12 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

wycliff_12 wrote:

Blacklight Retribrution has been buggy & riddled with technical problems since 2012. It's still in Beta in my eyes, they released a crappy version on PS4 along with their terrible netcode + the fact no one is really playing that game so yeh it lags really bad even on PC at times.

They just need to get Guerrilla Games help them with the netcode. I agree about no DLC tho, I hope they follow the KZ Shadow Fall formula.

P2P can work though, and it does work.

All dedicated servers will do and does actually do is take away the skill of writing decent netcode for a game.

Regional Matchmaking / Ping Filter are great ideas. and if they were implimented you wouldn't even want dedicated servers for Uncharted 4. While the netcode for Uncharted is bad. It's the matchmaking setup that really doesn't help.

Pitting US residents vs people in France? Yeah... That makes sense.......

In my case, UK residents vs Saudi Arabian residents.. It's just really illogical matchmaking, that should never ever happen. The most I should get is people from Germany, Italy, Spain and so on.

Sure some places in the US probably should play against some areas of Mexico and Brazil. But most games should be all Americans vs each other.

You can sorta tell something is wrong with the way it's set up when it gives you people that undoubtably will create a laggy mess just due to the sheer distance between the players.

That is something that Dedicated Servers wouldn't really be needed for. a bit of common sense from whoever created the matchmaking concept would have done absolutely fine.

Please use plain text.
Message 177 of 195 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 22, 2014

get rid of hunter arena 

STOP taking lag

regional player division

longer co op adventures

being able to dodge melee strikes

more natural fighting system

all maps from scratch not all from story and recycled maps

bigger maps to allow higher parties than 5 

Please use plain text.
Message 178 of 195 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2600 posts

Feb 23, 2014

add the option to high-five enemy players

TF2 does it already, why can't Uncharted

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Please use plain text.
Message 179 of 195 (216 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

May 31, 2014

I'd like a larger player cap. If its possible, I'd like ND to create supermaps, where two previous maps are made into one - for instance Plaza & Village could be made into one map (ie the map Temple would replace the small temple in Plaza, then the whole map would be scaled down so it's larger than the original maps, but not excessively big. 

Please use plain text.
Message 180 of 195 (144 Views)