Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
559 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 26, 2013
U3 never had that "natural" feeling to it ._. I wish they fixed that. The aiming doesn't feel right along with the camera speed, character movement/speed, clunky animations, aim assist, and the annoying tripping animations ever so present in every map compared to U2.

None of it felt natural and required u to get used to it :/ rather than to pick it up and get hooked with ease. Its like they designed this multi by putting many things together without proper thought just like the sp chapters >_>

I hope u4 is a smoother experience.

But yes, higher health can allow a better/skilled player to still come out on top. Too many forms of cheap kills will only take competitiveness out of the multi as it is now, lower health would only make everything far worse -_-
Message 31 of 195 (432 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 26, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

1) The point of splitscreen is to help the player pool, aka pubs. What's the point of being Custom-exclusive? yes, but you must not sacrifice anything for a bigger player pool, the problem with splitscreeners is the team balancing, Naughty Dog doesn't know how good a splitscreener is, so they have no idea what that player is capable of, I see a lot of complaining about losing because of splitscreeners, and it annoys me as well, so no way I want to sit in a team with a team of 4 players playing quad splitscreen, do you?

2) Mercenary is needed, otherwise people will just spam the forums. let them spam, I don't care xD

15) Friends > Randumbs. yes, but a good friend is a friend who doesn't care to wait until the match you are in is over, I wait for my friends and I know my friends wait for me, we never quit, because that ruins the match for others...

16) Backing out via an official feature made by ND is not the same thing as quitting mid-match. it's not the same indeed, but I don't want quitters, if it is intended that way by ND or not...

17) Pulling out the plug/turning off the console/ejecting the disc cause mechanical stress. XMB sign out doesn't have any drawbacks. all people that care about their kd-ratio and therefore statquitting are either a bunch of kids that doesn't know it creates mechanical stress or don't care about their parent's router or their own ps3 because dad/mom will buy a new one for them or they are people living in basements without work, getting money from the state and buy a new router/ps3/disc from that money, statquitters care so much about their statistics, they will do anything to not make a bad match count...

22) Starhawk MP/Dust 514 say hi! ok, awesome, just saying, I'm not against a 4 months beta, I was just surprised by it :smileywink:

24) You'll be proven wrong. PS4 will embrace new business models. well, I'm not saying I am right, I just find it difficult to believe :smileytongue:

27) No late join = say hello to lopsided matches! not if they punish those quitters hard enough...

33) Missions are stupid. They hinder your team (i.e. Raffica kills). the mission system is not perfect, but I like having additional goals, but like I said, the system needs to be fixed and it needs proper rewards

35) Google/Wikipedia is your friend. saying that is even worse than giving me a wikipedia link :smileywink:

42) Google "Lazarus' resurrection". do I have to do everything myself xD (oh, I know I am not good at googling, but I can only find about the bible story about Lazarus, so I have still no clue what you are talking about, don't be so cryptic :smileytongue: )

43) VoIP = voice chat -_- oh, my bad xD

44) I don't mind sprinting if there's decent stopping power. sprinting is just not nescessary in the game, it ruins the flow of the game, it looks bad, it ruins my left analog stick, I hate it...

45) I don't mind offensive kickbacks. I do, I hate quickboom the most, the others are ok, but I prefer to see them gone...

46) I don't mind these mods and I use premodded weapons (No RoF/Accuracy). I do mind them, and so do many others

48) Agreed.

49) Agreed.

50) Agreed. good :smileytongue:

1) Why would you sit in a team with 4 splitscreeners? not in a party, you said that the game should allow for 4 player splitscreen, I assume that means that that 4 splitscreeners can participate in public matches, can they?  so, I'm just saying that I really am not looking forward to be the 5th player in a team with the rest of my teammates being the 4 splitscreeners, right?

A splitscreen Po4 + matthijs = Po5? Why?

So no, you should join a mercenary playlist, if you are alone. :smileywink: nah, I have nothing against playing against parties when I'm alone, but if I then get such horrible teammates that is quite annoying, team balancing should get fixed anyway, but if you allow splitscreeners in public matches, there's no where you can balance teams properly...

15) Many of my friends are grown up adults with jobs and big boy responsibilities. Time is money. Nobody wants to sit in the lobby for 10min. that's not fair, 10 minutes is nothing, and if nobody wants that, why do my friends have no problem with it? if those 10 minutes are to much for you, then spend those 10 minutes less on the forum here, problem solved :smileytongue:

17) Then they will keep buying new PS4 consoles. That's the drawback. Pulling out the cable all the time will break your RJ-45 connector, not to mention that most people use WiFi, so they cannot pull out the cord. :smileywink: a well, you probably have a point, but statquitters will do anything to make a bad match not count, however, that doesn't mean we shouldn't make it more difficult for them, so no sign out option would be cool

24) Yoshida and a ND employee have confirmed what I'm saying. that some games will be f2p from the beginning? or just new buseniss models (which is just PR talk)

44) It's your fault for not using R3. I've been using it since the Summer beta, since it's more ergonomic. Try it and you'll thank me later. I don't like pushing the sticks, anyway, I don't hate sprint just because of the controller, I don't like how it looks too, it's part of the clunky movement in UC3 and I personally want to see it removed

1) Yeah, team balancing should be improved.

We really need splitscreen to quadruple the player pool. There are 80 million PS3s, but there will only be 1 million PS4s at launch. Maybe 5 million PS4s in late 2014. sadly, yes, but let's hope they find someway to make teambalancing work this time around

It's simple maths and you can't really argue that.

15) Because most of your friends still go to school perhaps? No offense, I've been at your age and I know how it feels like to have plenty of time. I don't see it as an offense, some people work, some people go to school, but of course I have moments too that I don't have much time to play, but even then I wait, I just, I don't know, go post stupid things here in the meantime, or go look up some gaming related news, go get something to drink or eat, I don't know, I'll happily wait, playing alone is boring anyway

24) F2P from day 1.

44) It was fine in the Summer beta and nobody complained about it. Lack of sprinting + maps like Airstrip = horrible traversing

Just bring back more stopping power (even as a paid booster -> Heavy Bullets) and teach those blindfire scrubs a lesson! xD

It's not fair to punish people who want sprinting for traversing purposes, just because there are some rushing/blindfire freaks. did you ever felt a lack of speed in Uncharted 2 where there was no sprinting? I certainly didn't, sprinting is not necsessary at all, it's nescessary in FPS's where you have wide flat maps and have to run for long distanced, Uncharted is not like that, so it doesn't need sprint...

Message 32 of 195 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 26, 2013

I mentioned Airstrip for a reason. Uncharted 2 didn't have that map. :smileywink:

I also gave you a cure for the blindfire cancer. Summer beta sprinting + stopping power was perfect & 100% balanced.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 33 of 195 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3541 posts

Aug 26, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
U3 never had that "natural" feeling to it ._. I wish they fixed that. The aiming doesn't feel right along with the camera speed, character movement/speed, clunky animations, aim assist, and the annoying tripping animations ever so present in every map compared to U2.

None of it felt natural and required u to get used to it :/ rather than to pick it up and get hooked with ease. Its like they designed this multi by putting many things together without proper thought just like the sp chapters >_>

But yes, higher health can allow a better/skilled player to still come out on top. Too many forms of cheap kills will only take competitiveness out of the multi as it is now, lower health would only make everything far worse -_-

UC2 aiming was/is so much better, gunfights are far smoother there, agreed. Climbing animations, grenade throws also much smoother. Only thing UC3 did better is the "ledge to ledge" jump, instead of the clumsy shuffle you had to do in UC2. Agreed.

Do you feel me?

Message 34 of 195 (404 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 26, 2013

duke_of_platypus wrote:

Silver-Knight47 wrote:

UC2 aiming was/is so much better, gunfights are far smoother there, agreed. Climbing animations, grenade throws also much smoother. Only thing UC3 did better is the "ledge to ledge" jump, instead of the clumsy shuffle you had to do in UC2. Agreed.

what does your signature mean?

Message 35 of 195 (399 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

I haven't read everybody's ideas yet, so sorry if I repeat something that has already been said.

I think there should still be loadouts, but have them all be well rounded like the AK-47. And instead of having explosive power weapons scattered around the map, just have non-explosive power weapons and really good normal weapons around the map. For example, (power weapon) T-bolt and (Awesome normal gun) M4. Maybe there could be power chests around the map that will only open with a certain amount of medals and will give you an RPG-7 or the hammer. And knock off just a tiny bit of health that was in U3.

For character customization there should be skins within skins. Let me explain, Nathan Drake and Winter Drake have different character slots, and same goes for all other skins. All Drake skins should be in the Nathan Drake slot under "Costumes". This will help make the character select screen less complicated. Oh, and bring back the random character option.

And my last idea is to put various weather effects in single levels. It'd bring some variety to the stage if you end up playing the same stage twice in a row.

Message 36 of 195 (365 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10138 posts

Aug 27, 2013
I like the combined character idea, jesse. I have the same idea but for gun skins.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 37 of 195 (361 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

Nobody even knows if there's even going to be an Uncharted 4 game, and ND rarely does what they're being told, so all of this is kind of pointless.

Geoff FLYNN.png
Message 38 of 195 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Aug 27, 2013

We're just sharing ideas amongst each other. No need to be such a negative nelly.

Message 39 of 195 (319 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 27, 2013

jessemesse wrote:

We're just sharing ideas amongst each other. No need to be such a negative nelly.

Oh, I'm not negative, as a matter of fact I hope that all of these ideas will happen, and by the way, I was sharing ideas too.

Geoff FLYNN.png
Message 40 of 195 (302 Views)
0 Likes