Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 28, 2013
Dedicated servers confirmed?

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/How-OpenStack-will-power-Sony-s-Online-Ga...
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 41 of 201 (580 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Added some new stuff to the OP:

Modes:

-Kill Confirmed: Just copy Black Ops 2. I think this would work well in Uncharted because it's so fast-paced and because of the verticality and movement options.

Customization/Skins: As for Custom Characters, there should be an extensive character creator like what Rockstar is doing with GTA Online. You should be able to choose your character's sex, hair style/color, eyes, nose, tatoos, etc. Hats, Glasses and Neck items (necklaces, scarfs, etc.) should be separate.

Search Profile: There should be a search profile, similar to what was in Halo Reach. We should be able to choose if we want to be matched with Team Players/Lone Wolves, Chatty/Silent people, etc.

Store: Microtransactions but only for Cosmetic items. Nothing that affects gameplay should be sold. Again, no stat items. You might not like Micro-transactions but think about it. They'll fund the game post launch, allowing ND to maintain the Dedicated Servers and give us FREE map packs, which means no more population split.

Respawn Times: 5 second in deathmatch-based gametypes, FFA and 2v2. 10 seconds in 4v4 Objective. No respawns in Hardcore playlist.

Boosters: No cheap boosters like Revenge. No levels for boosters. No booster that gives away the enemy's position. No Paid Boosters. No booster tiers. Use a point system for allocating boosters like in TLOU and CoD Ghosts.

Voting: The voting system should be replaced with something similar to what is used in Halo: Reach. There should be 4 options:

-Map/Gametype 1

-Map/Gametype 2

-Map/Gametype 3

-None of these

If most people vote for "None of these", then 3 new Map/Gametype options appear. However, there shouldn't be another "None of these". If there's a tie between two or more options, then the game should choose randomly. Main Gametypes in a playlist with multiple gametypes should always appear as the first option (for example, Team Deathmatch+Map should always be the first option in the Social Deathmatch playlist).

PLAYLISTS (gametypes appear as voting options alongside the maps)

SOCIAL

Social Deathmatch (4v4)

-Team Deathmatch (Main Gametype)

-Kill Confirmed 

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Pistols and Grenades only

-Snipers and Pistole only

-Mag-5 Shootouts

Multi-Team (4 Teams of 2)

-Kill Confirmed

-Treasure Hunter

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

Social Free-For-All (6FFA)

-Deathmatch (Main Gametype)

-Kill Confirmed

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

Social Objective (these gametypes appear as voting options alongside maps, not like TO from UC3) (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF (Main Gametype)

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

The Lab (6v6)

RANKED (Uses ranking system mentioned above. Each playlist has its own rank.)

Group Wars (4v4) (Main Competitive Playlist in the game. A group should be required to enter. This playlist should have a mixture of deathmatch, objective and hardcore modes. It should serve as the online qualifiers for tournaments.)

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed

Double Team (2v2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Kill Confirmed

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-King of The Hill

Free-For-All (6FFA) (Counts as victory if you're in the top 3)

Team Objective (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

Team Hardcore (4v4)

-Elimination

-Search & Destroy

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 42 of 201 (570 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 28, 2013
With my MP list, I looked at a lot of different MP games and what they do well. I mostly looked at Halo (balance, ranking system, playlist selection), Call of Duty (boosters) and Gears of War 3 (Survival). I think that if ND listened to my suggestions and coupled them with Uncharted's fast-paced gameplay with a lot of movement options and verticality, Uncharted 4 would be THE GO-TO multiplayer game on PS4, which is what ND wanted with UC3.
Message 43 of 201 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 28, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

Modes:

-Kill Confirmed: Just copy Black Ops 2. I think this would work well in Uncharted because it's so fast-paced and because of the verticality and movement options. just no, seriously...

Customization/Skins: As for Custom Characters, there should be an extensive character creator like what Rockstar is doing with GTA Online. You should be able to choose your character's sex, hair style/color, eyes, nose, tatoos, etc. Hats, Glasses and Neck items (necklaces, scarfs, etc.) should be separate. this isn't the sims 4, it's uncharted 4

Search Profile: There should be a search profile, similar to what was in Halo Reach. We should be able to choose if we want to be matched with Team Players/Lone Wolves, Chatty/Silent people, etc. sure, split up the player pool even more, and chatty/silent people is a stupid idea, with the ps4 everyone gets a mic anyway...

Store: Microtransactions but only for Cosmetic items. Nothing that affects gameplay should be sold. Again, no stat items. You might not like Micro-transactions but think about it. They'll fund the game post launch, allowing ND to maintain the Dedicated Servers and give us FREE map packs, which means no more population split. as long as it are cosmetic items that fit into the uncharted universe I'm ok with it, otherwise, no

Respawn Times: 5 second in deathmatch-based gametypes, FFA and 2v2. 10 seconds in 4v4 Objective. No respawns in Hardcore playlist. I prefer variety in spawns, and why no respawns in hardcore?

Boosters: No cheap boosters like Revenge. No levels for boosters. No booster that gives away the enemy's position. No Paid Boosters. No booster tiers. Use a point system for allocating boosters like in TLOU and CoD Ghosts. TLoU point system is pretty good, but if the boosters are balanced I don't care if it stays as it is now, indeed no revenge and no situational awereness crap, also no fleet foot, yes leveling boosters, that is awesome, however make sure people keep playing for the objective...

Voting: The voting system should be replaced with something similar to what is used in Halo: Reach. There should be 4 options:

-Map/Gametype 1

-Map/Gametype 2

-Map/Gametype 3

-None of these

If most people vote for "None of these", then 3 new Map/Gametype options appear. However, there shouldn't be another "None of these". If there's a tie between two or more options, then the game should choose randomly. Main Gametypes in a playlist with multiple gametypes should always appear as the first option (for example, Team Deathmatch+Map should always be the first option in the Social Deathmatch playlist). seriously, why? just don't let people vote at all, let each map appear equally often, everyone deserves a fun experience, and I am sick of being the player that loves the highrise map, but because the rest of the community hates it it never gets a vote, that is not fair, I play in their favorite maps, so they play in mine...

SOCIAL

Social Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed 

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Mag-5 Shootouts

-Kill Confirmed

-Treasure Hunter

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Kill Confirmed

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

Social Objective (these gametypes appear as voting options alongside maps, not like TO from UC3) (4v4)

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

The Lab (6v6)

Group Wars (4v4) (Main Competitive Playlist in the game. A group should be required to enter. This playlist should have a mixture of deathmatch, objective and hardcore modes. It should serve as the online qualifiers for tournaments.)

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed

Double Team (2v2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Kill Confirmed

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-King of The Hill

Team Objective (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

Team Hardcore (4v4)

-Elimination

-Search & Destroy

and why so many modes, and useless and boring modes too, why? :/

Message 44 of 201 (561 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 28, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:
With my MP list, I looked at a lot of different MP games and what they do well. I mostly looked at Halo (balance, ranking system, playlist selection), Call of Duty (boosters) and Gears of War 3 (Survival). I think that if ND listened to my suggestions and coupled them with Uncharted's fast-paced gameplay with a lot of movement options and verticality, Uncharted 4 would be THE GO-TO multiplayer game on PS4, which is what ND wanted with UC3.

those ideas work in those games, because they are designed for those games, they don't work in Uncharted and sure as hell hope Naughty Dog doesn't listen to these ideas, sure it's good to let your voice be heard, but some of your ideas are truly rediculous, and others are just, well, pointless...

Message 45 of 201 (558 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

Modes:

-Kill Confirmed: Just copy Black Ops 2. I think this would work well in Uncharted because it's so fast-paced and because of the verticality and movement options. just no, seriously...

Why? Kill Confirmed is a Team Deathmatch variant. If Team Deathmatch works in Uncharted (and it sure as hell does), then KC will work too.

Customization/Skins: As for Custom Characters, there should be an extensive character creator like what Rockstar is doing with GTA Online. You should be able to choose your character's sex, hair style/color, eyes, nose, tatoos, etc. Hats, Glasses and Neck items (necklaces, scarfs, etc.) should be separate. this isn't the sims 4, it's uncharted 4

ND already implemented customization in UC3. I'm just posting suggestions to make it better. Don't like them, you shouldn't be playing Uncharted at all.

Search Profile: There should be a search profile, similar to what was in Halo Reach. We should be able to choose if we want to be matched with Team Players/Lone Wolves, Chatty/Silent people, etc. sure, split up the player pool even more, and chatty/silent people is a stupid idea, with the ps4 everyone gets a mic anyway...

The game would prioritize matches with people of similar search profiles. If matchmaking takes too long, it could easily search for any match, just like it does today. Also, just because everyone gets a mic doesn't mean everyone wants to talk to strangers on the internet.

Store: Microtransactions but only for Cosmetic items. Nothing that affects gameplay should be sold. Again, no stat items. You might not like Micro-transactions but think about it. They'll fund the game post launch, allowing ND to maintain the Dedicated Servers and give us FREE map packs, which means no more population split. as long as it are cosmetic items that fit into the uncharted universe I'm ok with it, otherwise, no

Why necessarily "fit the UC universe"? ND already showed that they don't consider MP to be cannon, which is why we got things like the PS Heroes pack, the Killzone pack and even Spyder. MP isn't meant to be taken seriously, so why should skins?

Respawn Times: 5 second in deathmatch-based gametypes, FFA and 2v2. 10 seconds in 4v4 Objective. No respawns in Hardcore playlist. I prefer variety in spawns, and why no respawns in hardcore?

Yeah, let's wait 9 secs once and 3 secs next time, because that's f***ing smart. Also, because it's called "Hardcore". The Hardcore in my playlist suggestion has nothing to do with Hardcore as it is right now (which is not in my suggestion). You want respawns in Elimination? Because that's called TDM.

Boosters: No cheap boosters like Revenge. No levels for boosters. No booster that gives away the enemy's position. No Paid Boosters. No booster tiers. Use a point system for allocating boosters like in TLOU and CoD Ghosts. TLoU point system is pretty good, but if the boosters are balanced I don't care if it stays as it is now, indeed no revenge and no situational awereness crap, also no fleet foot, yes leveling boosters, that is awesome, however make sure people keep playing for the objective...

Except that boosters aren't balanced as of now. Booster leveling is stupid as it makes the game even more imbalanced. Uncharted 2 and Black Ops 2 got it right by not having leveling boosters.

-Map/Gametype 1

-Map/Gametype 2

-Map/Gametype 3

-None of these

If most people vote for "None of these", then 3 new Map/Gametype options appear. However, there shouldn't be another "None of these". If there's a tie between two or more options, then the game should choose randomly. Main Gametypes in a playlist with multiple gametypes should always appear as the first option (for example, Team Deathmatch+Map should always be the first option in the Social Deathmatch playlist). seriously, why? just don't let people vote at all, let each map appear equally often, everyone deserves a fun experience, and I am sick of being the player that loves the highrise map, but because the rest of the community hates it it never gets a vote, that is not fair, I play in their favorite maps, so they play in mine...

Yeah, screw democracy right. The only thing that could work besides a voting system would be a veto system. Just having people playing on a random map/gametype would lead to people leaving the game.

SOCIAL

Social Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed 

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Mag-5 Shootouts

-Kill Confirmed

-Treasure Hunter

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Kill Confirmed

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

The Lab (6v6)

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed

Double Team (2v2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Kill Confirmed

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-King of The Hill

Team Objective (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

Team Hardcore (4v4)

-Elimination

-Search & Destroy

There are ten playlists, that is not "too many". UC3 has more IIRC. boring? No one's forcing you to play them, that's why there's not just one playlist.

Message 46 of 201 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
311 posts

Aug 28, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

those ideas work in those games, because they are designed for those games, they don't work in Uncharted and sure as hell hope Naughty Dog doesn't listen to these ideas, sure it's good to let your voice be heard, but some of your ideas are truly rediculous, and others are just, well, pointless...

Multiplayer worked in other games, so ND added to Uncharted. Boy that was stupid amirite. Just because something has already been done in another game doesn't mean it can work in another. Otherwise, Uncharted wouldn't have guns, a cover system, set-pieces, humans, platforming,etc. There isn't a single thing Uncharted does that hasn't been done before. All it did was perfect things that were already in other games, which is why I suggested things which are, guess what, from other games.

Message 47 of 201 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
458 posts

Aug 28, 2013
I personally wouldn't mind a type of CtF in UC. Sorta along the style of Artifact Assault in AC.

I only really play FFXIV and Smite now a'days.
If you send me a friend request please specify where you're from. Thank.
Sub or just check out my YouTube channel!
Message 48 of 201 (539 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 28, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

Modes:

Why? Kill Confirmed is a Team Deathmatch variant. If Team Deathmatch works in Uncharted (and it sure as hell does), then KC will work too.

kill confirmed is a mode in which you kill opponents and then pick up their tag or something and that gives you a point, a teammate can pick up the tag of your dead body to prevent the opponents from scoring points, first of all I don't see why Uncharted needs this mode, and secondly, this won't work in Uncharted, what happens is someone get pulled down into a big pit?

ND already implemented customization in UC3. I'm just posting suggestions to make it better. Don't like them, you shouldn't be playing Uncharted at all. bigger is not better, look at all the crappy out of place looking hats and stuff we have in Uncharted 3? I would have preferred less customization at a higher quality over a lot of customization that looks like **bleep**, don't you think?

The game would prioritize matches with people of similar search profiles. If matchmaking takes too long, it could easily search for any match, just like it does today. Also, just because everyone gets a mic doesn't mean everyone wants to talk to strangers on the internet. exactly, and that's why the mute button excists, if you don't want to talk to strangers, mute them, why make 2 seperate playlists, it's pointless...

Why necessarily "fit the UC universe"? ND already showed that they don't consider MP to be cannon, which is why we got things like the PS Heroes pack, the Killzone pack and even Spyder. MP isn't meant to be taken seriously, so why should skins? if you seriously think the helghast and spyder skins were a good idea, then I can't take you seriously...

Yeah, let's wait 9 secs once and 3 secs next time, because that's f***ing smart. Also, because it's called "Hardcore". The Hardcore in my playlist suggestion has nothing to do with Hardcore as it is right now (which is not in my suggestion). You want respawns in Elimination? Because that's called TDM. easy, pal, variety is not the same as randomness, with variety I mean for instance in plunder, that when you die when you carry the treasure, you respawn faster then someone who isn't carrying the treasure, this would help a little in making people play for the objective, also I think different spawntimes in different maps could be a good idea, in a big map like highrise you could respawn pretty quick, because it takes a while to find your next enemy anyway (talking about team deathmatch here), while in a map like desert village, it will be chaos if you respawn so quickly, I'm not saying that my ideas on this are good, but I just want to say that your suggestion on how long spawns should be without having even tested it is ridiculous, and I don't want respawns in elimination, how in the world did you come to that conclusion?

Except that boosters aren't balanced as of now. Booster leveling is stupid as it makes the game even more imbalanced. Uncharted 2 and Black Ops 2 got it right by not having leveling boosters. booster imbalances were in Uncharted 2 as well, even without the leveling system, everyone used either down the irons and fleet foot, or situational awereness and fleet foot, stop lying...

-Map/Gametype 1

-Map/Gametype 2

-Map/Gametype 3

-None of these

Yeah, screw democracy right. The only thing that could work besides a voting system would be a veto system. Just having people playing on a random map/gametype would lead to people leaving the game. of course people are not leaving the game if they have to play on certain maps, they only just enjoy it slightly less, but not much, look at Uncharted 3, almost every match you play is in desert village, chateau and london underground, yeah, long live the voting system, right?

SOCIAL

Social Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed 

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Mag-5 Shootouts

-Kill Confirmed

-Treasure Hunter

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Kill Confirmed

-RPGs only

-Shotguns only

-Grenade Launchers only

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

The Lab (6v6)

Team Deathmatch (4v4)

-Kill Confirmed

Double Team (2v2)

-Team Deathmatch

-Kill Confirmed

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-King of The Hill

Team Objective (4v4)

-Neutral-Flag CTF

-Multi-Flag CTF

-One-Flag CTF

-Treasure Hunter

-Domination

-King of The Hill

-Chain Reaction

Team Hardcore (4v4)

-Elimination

-Search & Destroy

There are ten playlists, that is not "too many". UC3 has more IIRC. boring? No one's forcing you to play them, that's why there's not just one playlist. no one is forcing me to play them, don't make me laugh, if I choose your team hardcore (4v4) playlist, because I like elimination, I also have to play that crappy search and destroy, and I could give many more examples in your weird playlists...

Message 49 of 201 (531 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3588 posts

Aug 28, 2013

nicolepwned wrote:
I personally wouldn't mind a type of CtF in UC. Sorta along the style of Artifact Assault in AC.

they could do a plunder mode in which there are 2 treasures, one belonging to the heroes and one belonging to the villains, and you have to try to steal each other's treasure while defending your own, but I think plunder is fun enough, and Naughty Dog should just focus on making that mode better, by forcing players to play for the objective Smiley Happy

Message 50 of 201 (529 Views)