Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013
Baseball cap is unlockable bro.

Red shirt is store only.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 61 of 195 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 29, 2013

jessemesse wrote:

The treasure system in U4 really needs to be improved from U3, I've been trying to unlock Doughnut Drake and Baseball Drake for a year now! You shouldn't be able to collect the same treasure twice until you obtain all treasure sets in that game mode. When you find the same treasure twice it should give the player $300, (In game currency, of course.) and there should be a count beside the treasure saying how many times it has been picked up.

I'm totally digging the bright yellow shirts in U3 MP, so that definitley needs to make a return in U4 MP. But ND shouldn't be adding so many ridiculous items in U4. A character or two from another game and the pumpkin head item for halloween is fine, but I really want Uncharted 4 to feel more... Uncharted.

Treasure system should be scrapped. They should just make all skins unlockable through in-game cash or microtransactions.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 62 of 195 (263 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Aug 29, 2013
I agree, dude. I currently have 2 million ingame cash just sitting there. I'm wasting it on those useless paid boosters since I already bought everything.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 63 of 195 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2846 posts

Aug 29, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

jessemesse wrote:

The treasure system in U4 really needs to be improved from U3, I've been trying to unlock Doughnut Drake and Baseball Drake for a year now! You shouldn't be able to collect the same treasure twice until you obtain all treasure sets in that game mode. When you find the same treasure twice it should give the player $300, (In game currency, of course.) and there should be a count beside the treasure saying how many times it has been picked up.

I'm totally digging the bright yellow shirts in U3 MP, so that definitley needs to make a return in U4 MP. But ND shouldn't be adding so many ridiculous items in U4. A character or two from another game and the pumpkin head item for halloween is fine, but I really want Uncharted 4 to feel more... Uncharted.

Treasure system should be scrapped. They should just make all skins unlockable through in-game cash or microtransactions.

no, they should keep the treasure system, but improve it, I don't want to unlock everything just by leveling up, where is the fun in that, it's fun to complete certain (difficult) challenges which then unlock you a skin or customization item that you then can use and sort of show of to other players that you completed that difficult challenge, that's how the treasure system should be in my opinion, and please stop stating your opinions as facts, it's getting really annoying...

Please use plain text.
Message 64 of 195 (244 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 29, 2013
1. I never stated my opinion as fact. I just don't feel like saying "IMO" because I assume people are smart enough to know it's my opinion. How you interpret it is your problem.

2. They could have skin unlocks tied to things like missions and objectives. However, the treasure system isn't like that. The treasure system is random. You get a kill and hope for a treasure to drop. Then you go pick it up and hope that it isn't Just Cash. Then, you hope that it isn't something you already have. The treasure system is flawed.

3. How do you improve it? You remove it and add non-random ways to unlock skins, which is what you suggested. What you suggested isn't a treasure system, it's a new system that can be added by removing the current flawed system that you try and defend.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 65 of 195 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10013 posts

Aug 29, 2013

@ above people

That's not a statement of fact. Saying that something SHOULD happen is a suggestion. Saying that something WILL happen is a fact.

Please use plain text.
Message 66 of 195 (235 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

I'll just address a few of your Multiplayer suggestions since im not really worried about the SP portion of the game, Uncharted was never a game with great writing it's all about the pacing if they can go back to the UC2 formula they will strike gold and hopefully they will make all their actors sign a contract forbidding them from doing other projects during the course of production and lastly if there is no 3D content won't end up being removed again.

Unto Multiplayer:

1 - I still think 8 vs 8 or 16 player Competitive Mulitplayer is what they should aim for and drop it to 12 players for Objective based modes.

16 players is too much for a cover-based, fast-paced shooter like Uncharted. 12 is really the most they could do while keeping Uncharted's core gameplay.

2 - UC2 or Halo Ranking System Agreed.

3 - I disagree they should bring back more than 2 old maps there are a few classic maps from UC2 that I wold love to see return plus I'd love to see Yemen make a return, they should be grouped with other defualt Maps on the disc'. Also I think default maps should be reused SP environments creates better transition and then create new non story related Maps for DLC which is how it should have been in UC3 and I think they experimented with this thru BMM.

Why do you want recycled content? It's better to create maps from scratch for multiplayer. Same for remakes. There's no need to remake all maps because the point of a remake is for it to be special. That's why only the fan-favorites are usually brought back in most MP games.

I think All DLC Map Packs should be free by the way, GG and Sony Santa Monica can do it and they're revenue from their MP games is far less than that of ND so there reallyis no excuses for them splitting the player pool unless they continue to be greedy.

4 - Yes I also want a map/ content creator.

5 - For Progressions system go back to UC2 way of doing it, sorry but i'd rather boosters and other stuff be unlocked once you reach a certain rank than people  just boosting to unlock everything.

Having boosters be unlocked by leveling up promotes imbalance. A player won't want to level up if the unlocks are just as good as what he currently has. That's why stupid things like Revenge are unlocked in the later levels of a game. By having all boosters available from the start (the player would still need to purchase them), the developer is encouraged to have all of the boosters be balanced.

Also, having boosters be unlocked through leveling would give higher-level players players an advantage in battle. People should win based on their skill, not the amount of time they put in a game.

6 - The Buddy System should stay don't understand why you would want it gone especially since ND seems incapable of getting spawns correct.

The spawn system could easily be fixed by either having static spawns or automatically spawning the player near any of his teammates. ND realized that in The Last of Us, why couldn't they do it again in Uncharted?

7 - There should be a reticule when Blindfiring justget rid of Auto Aim assist.

I'll update the OP.

8 - Agreed about Assists i've always said I wish they had copied BF3, it's so annoying softening someone up only to have a greedy teammate come and steal the kill lol.

9 - Loadouts shold stay etc.

Why? They promote imbalance. Uncharted 2 did it well by having all of the weapons on the map and having everyone start equal.

10 - Yes for Dedicated servers.. NO to server rentals.

Removed Server rentals. I imagine custom games would run on dedis anyway.

11 - So basically you want a Ping Toggle filter, searching for Mics is pushing it though .. lmao sorry but that;s just asking for too much of ND especially since every PS4 comes with a Mic.

Updated the OP to make it more comprehensive. While all PS4s come with mics, not everyone wants to talk with strangers online. Sure there's a mute button. However, that prevents people who actually want to communicate to do so. That's why having a system that prioritizes matching people up in regards to how talkative they are would be good.

12 - For the Store I don't care what they sell in the store I support them selling whatever crap they choose to aslong as the DLC Maps/ Modes are free.

13 - I wouldn't mind Medal Kickbacks returning just aslong as they make them offensive and not defensive.

Again, imbalance.

14 - Keep grenade throwbacks.

How would you fix them? If they could, then sure.

Please use plain text.
Message 67 of 195 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Aug 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

jessemesse wrote:

no, they should keep the treasure system, but improve it, I don't want to unlock everything just by leveling up, where is the fun in that, it's fun to complete certain (difficult) challenges which then unlock you a skin or customization item that you then can use and sort of show of to other players that you completed that difficult challenge, that's how the treasure system should be in my opinion, and please stop stating your opinions as facts, it's getting really annoying...

I'm sorry, but I preferred the simplicity of the UC2 MP in-game reward/XP unlock system. I don't understand this "hamster" mentality... that's why I also hated Level 80. Why do human beings behave like hamsters? :smileysad:

I don't want to be forced to kill endlessly for rare treasures or get 1000 kills with a Raffica to unlock skins. :smileyfrustrated: This only promotes killfarming and boosting.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 68 of 195 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
302 posts

Aug 29, 2013
http://www.bigteambattle.net/forum/index.php?/topic/13768-ideal-ranking-system/

How would you guys feel about a ranking system like this applied to Uncharted? I was researching potential ranking systems and this one seemed very interesting.
Please use plain text.
Message 69 of 195 (215 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Ping-based matchmaking FTW!

ps: Halo has a huge player pool that is able to support skill-based matchmaking:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 70 of 195 (214 Views)
0 Likes