Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3588 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:
1. I never stated my opinion as fact. I just don't feel like saying "IMO" because I assume people are smart enough to know it's my opinion. How you interpret it is your problem.

2. They could have skin unlocks tied to things like missions and objectives. However, the treasure system isn't like that. The treasure system is random. You get a kill and hope for a treasure to drop. Then you go pick it up and hope that it isn't Just Cash. Then, you hope that it isn't something you already have. The treasure system is flawed.

3. How do you improve it? You remove it and add non-random ways to unlock skins, which is what you suggested. What you suggested isn't a treasure system, it's a new system that can be added by removing the current flawed system that you try and defend.

they can improve it so that treasures unlock when you do certain things in a match, for instance you can make a certain set of 3 treasures drop when you get a kill with a propane tank, or one with a stealthkill, or a sniper headshot, they can make it semi-luck based this way, sure it's still not guaranteed that you get the right treasure, but at least you don't get treasures from all the other treasure sets, because you know how to get a certain treasure from a treasure set (by focusing on those bbq medals or sniper headshots), also in coop arena (which is the hardest one to get all treasures), you can put treasures sets in different maps, and different rounds, and different difficulties, for instance treasures from a certain treasure set will drop when you play in chateau, in round 7 on hard difficulty, I don't say this is a good idea, but again, there are many ways in which they can improve the treasure system, they don't need to scrap it...

 

and on the subject 'stating things as facts', it's not just that you put 'in my opinion' after every sentence, but you say things like: this IS bad, this system IS flawed, no one likes ..., etcetera, while you could say, I dislike this, or I think it could be better if, or I assume no one likes, that's a whole different way of saying things...

Message 71 of 201 (508 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
311 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Ping-based matchmaking FTW!

 

ps: Halo has a huge player pool that is able to support skill-based matchmaking:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/


Connection-based matchmaking and skill-based matchmaking aren't mutually exclusive. Also, in my playlist selection, there are ranked playlists and social playlists. Ranked could have skill and connection-based matchmaking while Social gets connection based.

 

Also, you don't think Uncharted could become as popular as Halo? I think that it will on PS4.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 72 of 201 (507 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
3588 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

jessemesse wrote:

The treasure system in U4 really needs to be improved from U3, I've been trying to unlock Doughnut Drake and Baseball Drake for a year now! You shouldn't be able to collect the same treasure twice until you obtain all treasure sets in that game mode. When you find the same treasure twice it should give the player $300, (In game currency, of course.) and there should be a count beside the treasure saying how many times it has been picked up.

 

I'm totally digging the bright yellow shirts in U3 MP, so that definitley needs to make a return in U4 MP. But ND shouldn't be adding so many ridiculous items in U4. A character or two from another game and the pumpkin head item for halloween is fine, but I really want Uncharted 4 to feel more... Uncharted.


Treasure system should be scrapped. They should just make all skins unlockable through in-game cash or microtransactions.

 

 


no, they should keep the treasure system, but improve it, I don't want to unlock everything just by leveling up, where is the fun in that, it's fun to complete certain (difficult) challenges which then unlock you a skin or customization item that you then can use and sort of show of to other players that you completed that difficult challenge, that's how the treasure system should be in my opinion, and please stop stating your opinions as facts, it's getting really annoying...


I'm sorry, but I preferred the simplicity of the UC2 MP in-game reward/XP unlock system. I don't understand this "hamster" mentality... that's why I also hated Level 80. Why do human beings behave like hamsters? Smiley Sad

 

I don't want to be forced to kill endlessly for rare treasures or get 1000 kills with a Raffica to unlock skins. Smiley Frustrated This only promotes killfarming and boosting.


with difficult challenges I didn't mean grinding challenges, because grinding is indeed very boring Smiley Wink

 

I was more like, completing this coop map on crushing, or win a match of plunder with 5-0, or manage to win a round of elimination when you are the last man standing against 3 or more opponents, or even more specific tasks, like the curator crushing trophy in UC3, or the triumvirate crushing trophy in UC3, I am just as much against grinding as you are Smiley Tongue

Message 73 of 201 (506 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
311 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:
1. I never stated my opinion as fact. I just don't feel like saying "IMO" because I assume people are smart enough to know it's my opinion. How you interpret it is your problem.

2. They could have skin unlocks tied to things like missions and objectives. However, the treasure system isn't like that. The treasure system is random. You get a kill and hope for a treasure to drop. Then you go pick it up and hope that it isn't Just Cash. Then, you hope that it isn't something you already have. The treasure system is flawed.

3. How do you improve it? You remove it and add non-random ways to unlock skins, which is what you suggested. What you suggested isn't a treasure system, it's a new system that can be added by removing the current flawed system that you try and defend.

they can improve it so that treasures unlock when you do certain things in a match, for instance you can make a certain set of 3 treasures drop when you get a kill with a propane tank, or one with a stealthkill, or a sniper headshot, they can make it semi-luck based this way, sure it's still not guaranteed that you get the right treasure, but at least you don't get treasures from all the other treasure sets, because you know how to get a certain treasure from a treasure set (by focusing on those bbq medals or sniper headshots), also in coop arena (which is the hardest one to get all treasures), you can put treasures sets in different maps, and different rounds, and different difficulties, for instance treasures from a certain treasure set will drop when you play in chateau, in round 7 on hard difficulty, I don't say this is a good idea, but again, there are many ways in which they can improve the treasure system, they don't need to scrap it...

 

and on the subject 'stating things as facts', it's not just that you put 'in my opinion' after every sentence, but you say things like: this IS bad, this system IS flawed, no one likes ..., etcetera, while you could say, I dislike this, or I think it could be better if, or I assume no one likes, that's a whole different way of saying things...


So Challenges/Missions that unlock treasures?  Sure, as long as there's no luck element, I'm fine with that.

The rounds thing in co-op might be taking it too far but having certain treasures locked to difficulty would work well.

 

When, I say "this is bad" or "this is flawed". I assume that people understand that I don't like it.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 74 of 201 (504 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:
1. I never stated my opinion as fact. I just don't feel like saying "IMO" because I assume people are smart enough to know it's my opinion. How you interpret it is your problem.

2. They could have skin unlocks tied to things like missions and objectives. However, the treasure system isn't like that. The treasure system is random. You get a kill and hope for a treasure to drop. Then you go pick it up and hope that it isn't Just Cash. Then, you hope that it isn't something you already have. The treasure system is flawed.

3. How do you improve it? You remove it and add non-random ways to unlock skins, which is what you suggested. What you suggested isn't a treasure system, it's a new system that can be added by removing the current flawed system that you try and defend.

they can improve it so that treasures unlock when you do certain things in a match, for instance you can make a certain set of 3 treasures drop when you get a kill with a propane tank, or one with a stealthkill, or a sniper headshot, they can make it semi-luck based this way, sure it's still not guaranteed that you get the right treasure, but at least you don't get treasures from all the other treasure sets, because you know how to get a certain treasure from a treasure set (by focusing on those bbq medals or sniper headshots), also in coop arena (which is the hardest one to get all treasures), you can put treasures sets in different maps, and different rounds, and different difficulties, for instance treasures from a certain treasure set will drop when you play in chateau, in round 7 on hard difficulty, I don't say this is a good idea, but again, there are many ways in which they can improve the treasure system, they don't need to scrap it...

 

and on the subject 'stating things as facts', it's not just that you put 'in my opinion' after every sentence, but you say things like: this IS bad, this system IS flawed, no one likes ..., etcetera, while you could say, I dislike this, or I think it could be better if, or I assume no one likes, that's a whole different way of saying things...


I understand that you like BBQ kills (just like Stunt likes Raffica kills), but you have to understand that the majority doesn't have fun carrying propane tanks or killing with the Raffica.

 

Your suggestion will increase boosting. 10 friends (Po5 vs Po5) will try to find each other in matchmaking and boost/farm some BBQ/Raffica kills.

 

Try to have some perspective... nobody wants to be forced to play in a restricting way that will only hinder their team. :\

And then you wonder why people boosted Expansionists in UC2 Objective... blame that stupid Level 80 XP requirements!!!

 

 



supermoc10 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

Ping-based matchmaking FTW!

 

ps: Halo has a huge player pool that is able to support skill-based matchmaking:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/


1) Connection-based matchmaking and skill-based matchmaking aren't mutually exclusive. Also, in my playlist selection, there are ranked playlists and social playlists. Ranked could have skill and connection-based matchmaking while Social gets connection based.

 

2) Also, you don't think Uncharted could become as popular as Halo? I think that it will on PS4.


1) Sorry, but I'm not a fan of having so many playlists. Too much fragmentation, don't you think?

2) Wishful thinking.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 75 of 201 (503 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

1) I was more like, completing this coop map on crushing

2) or win a match of plunder with 5-0

3) or manage to win a round of elimination when you are the last man standing against 3 or more opponents

4) or even more specific tasks, like the curator crushing trophy in UC3

5) or the triumvirate crushing trophy in UC3


1) Yes

2) Yes (although that would require n00bstomping)

3) No. It's kinda luck-based.

4) No.

5) Maybe.

 

I'm OK with skill-based stuff, as long as they're not influenced by luck and they don't hinder your team.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 76 of 201 (503 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
311 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013
@tapantaola

1) There are 12 playlists: 5 Ranked, 5 Social, 2 Cooperative. That's not too much at all. Uncharted 3 has more than 10 IIRC.

2) Not at all. Uncharted games are very popular. UC2 and UC3 both sold more than 6 million copies. With the PS4 looking to be very successful and PS Plus being required to play online, Sony will have a lot of money to advertise the game, which means even more players. All of those players will keep playing the game. Why? Because of dedicated servers, a ranking system, a good progression system, a co-op mode that rivals Horde/Zombies/Firefight and Free DLC, among other things. This means a healthy player base.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 77 of 201 (496 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

1) 12 playlists are too many. UC3 MP has 12 playlists as well and many of them are deserted.

 

Keep it simple stupid. Less is more (TM).

 

I'm not against many modes, I just prefer a few consolidated playlists, for the sake of having a big unified healthy pool:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/All-Competitive-Consolidate-10-...

2) Dedicated servers? Wishful thinking.

 

Uncharted sold millions of copies because of its stellar SP, just like TLOU. Let's be realists for a moment.

 

As much as I'd want Uncharted MP to become a CoD/BF/Halo/GoW killer, it's not gonna happen any time soon.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 78 of 201 (494 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
311 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

1) 12 playlists are too many. UC3 MP has 12 playlists as well and many of them are deserted.

 

Keep it simple stupid. Less is more (TM).

 

I'm not against many modes, I just prefer a few consolidated playlists, for the sake of having a big unified healthy pool:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/All-Competitive-Consolidate-10-...

2) Dedicated servers? Wishful thinking.

 

Uncharted sold millions of copies because of its stellar SP, just like TLOU. Let's be realists for a moment.

 

As much as I'd want Uncharted MP to become a CoD/BF/Halo/GoW killer, it's not gonna happen any time soon.


1) Those playlists are deserted because UC3 is not as good an MP game as it can be. There are much better options out there for most people, like CoD, Battlefield or even Uncharted 2. That's why this thread is here: to improve Uncharted and make people want to stay and play the game.

 

2) Wishful thinking? Not at all: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/How-OpenStack-will-power-Sony-s-Online-Ga...

 

Exactly. Not enough people know about its MP, because ND hasn't made it the Go-To MP game on PlayStation like they said they would. All the people who initially bought Halo, Gears and CoD did so because of the SP (Halo 1's MP was worked on by 3 people, CoD started out as an SP-orientated game), they stayed because they found out about great MP and now, they buy those games for that.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Message 79 of 201 (486 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

1) UC2 MP has less playlists than UC3 MP.

 

UC4 MP should follow the consolidated playlist paradigm:

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/07/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists/
http://gearsblog.com/archive/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists/

 

CoD/BF don't appeal to TPS fans. GoW is a better example.

 

2) I still haven't seen Sony advertising it. Hell, even Gaikai is probably a PR stunt as far as I'm concerned.

 

Either way, dedicated servers won't reduce lag if they don't have some minimum bandwidth/latency requirements.

 

Just look at KZ3 or BF3. 56k laggers joined servers from other regions. That's worse than p2p.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 80 of 201 (483 Views)
Reply
0 Likes