Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
299 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

[ Edited ]
Aug 29, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

1) UC2 MP has less playlists than UC3 MP.

 

UC4 MP should follow the consolidated playlist paradigm:

http://epicgames.com/community/2012/07/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists/
http://gearsblog.com/archive/gears-of-war-3-updated-playlists/

 

CoD/BF don't appeal to TPS fans. GoW is a better example.

 

2) I still haven't seen Sony advertising it. Hell, even Gaikai is probably a PR stunt as far as I'm concerned.

 

Either way, dedicated servers won't reduce lag if they don't have some minimum bandwidth/latency requirements.

 

Just look at KZ3 or BF3. 56k laggers joined servers from other regions. That's worse than p2p.


1) Said example has 13 playlists.
2) Because Sony doesn't want to make a big deal about this. Otherwise, they would brag about how more PS3 games use dedis than 360 games.
Which is why I suggested a "Good Connection" toggle.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 195 (285 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2840 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

I think the big question here is: do we want Uncharted become as big as BF/CoD?

 

because I certainly don't want that, if you want something to become very popular, you have to mainstream it, and I want Uncharted to be special, Uncharted is an action/adventure multiplayer, I wouldn't even compare it to first person shooters, I even wouldn't compare it to third person shooters like gears of war, sure it's third person and has a cover system, but the gameplay is so different...

 

and I agree with tapantaola, way to many playlists is a bad thing, sure UC3 has 10 playlists, but look how deserted most of them are...

 

I disagree with you tapantaola on the level 80 thing, the reason people were boosting chain reaction is because they can, Naughty Dog raised the money for the expansionist medal significantly, and then people started to boost, people never boosted before that, they just used negative boosters in team deathmatch (that's how I have become level 80), or they gave up, what I don't understand though, Naughty Dog said that if this expansionist medal was going to be abused they would bring back the cash for the medal to what it was before, but they never did that, chain reaction is ruined, if you just want to play for the objective, your teammates will tell the opponents where you are and the opponents are protecting their zones by sitting in glitches, if you play it in a party you can play it properly, but you get hatemail afterwards :/

 

and why are you against the curator trophy to unlock some customization items? I prefer to get something I can use in-game than a stupid trophy for it, right?

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 195 (269 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/21/2011
Online
2202 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013
I don't mind level 80 since you didn't get much rewards from it except 2 skins so the people that didn't reach it didn't miss much. I do hate luck based drops though, the people that want it never get it and some random noob that rarely plays the game does get it...

But level 80 was a long grind I would say the exp it takes to get level 65 is enough since level 70 already took extremely long(I haven't even reached it)

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 195 (266 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
299 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I think the big question here is: do we want Uncharted become as big as BF/CoD?

 

because I certainly don't want that, if you want something to become very popular, you have to mainstream it, and I want Uncharted to be special, Uncharted is an action/adventure multiplayer, I wouldn't even compare it to first person shooters, I even wouldn't compare it to third person shooters like gears of war, sure it's third person and has a cover system, but the gameplay is so different...

 

and I agree with tapantaola, way to many playlists is a bad thing, sure UC3 has 10 playlists, but look how deserted most of them are...


So you're saying that Uncharted isn't mainstream? Because that sure as hell isn't true. Dark Souls isn't mainstream, Ni No Kuni isn't mainstream, Uncharted is very much mainstream.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 195 (260 Views)
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 11/20/2012
Offline
208 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Aug 29, 2013

Both

1.Vote on weather.

2.All maps for all gamemodes.

3.Dedicated severs.

4.All new maps.

5.No legacy.

6.Seperate hitboxes.

7.A lot of dynamic maps.

8.change your taunt in game.

9.Block mesh maps.

10.30 or 40+ guns.

11.Crazy custom game options.

12.Map editer.

13.A lot more sounds both from characters and the environment.

14.Bring end cut scenes back.

15.All characters should have the same customization as the custom hero.

16.More customization in UC4.

17.A balanced multiplayer.

18.A treasure toggle that lets you pick the treasure set you want to get in the gamemode you want to play.

19.Team killing penalty whenever you get kicked for team killing you get a 60 second penalty.

20.A variety of different maps and not just whats in the campaign.

 

Co-op

21.Custom co-op options.

22.co-villains.

23.Better co-op support.

24.Seperate the gamemodes and have the mixed one too.

25.A lot of new enemies.

26.Better and smarter AI.

27.No gun that can kill 10 or more enemies easily.

28.To have all guns in the game in co-op.

29.All guns that should have mods have mods.

30.Co-op cinema.

 

Competitive

31.Less power weapon ammo.

32.More defensive kickbacks.

33.No power weapons in FFA and elimination.

34.Throwback as a booster.

35.No boosters or mods that give the player the advantage in a 1v1.

36.In Plunder you can only level up boosters like beast mode and endurance.

37.Give players a lot more points for playing the objectives.

38.Mercenary mode.

 

Singleplayer

39.Longer campaign.

40.Singleplayer rewards.

41.The option to disable hints.

 

There's not much I want from singleplayer as I trust ND to give me a great singleplayer game.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 195 (254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
299 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 2, 2013
I was watching the Halo Global Championship yesterday and it was a lot of fun. The production values were great and the matches were fantastic. Sony really needs to get in on this. I would really love to see something like this for Uncharted or The Last of Us. I think a lot of my ideas would help Uncharted become a top-tier e-Sports game.
UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 195 (221 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2840 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 2, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I think the big question here is: do we want Uncharted become as big as BF/CoD?

 

because I certainly don't want that, if you want something to become very popular, you have to mainstream it, and I want Uncharted to be special, Uncharted is an action/adventure multiplayer, I wouldn't even compare it to first person shooters, I even wouldn't compare it to third person shooters like gears of war, sure it's third person and has a cover system, but the gameplay is so different...

 

and I agree with tapantaola, way to many playlists is a bad thing, sure UC3 has 10 playlists, but look how deserted most of them are...


So you're saying that Uncharted isn't mainstream? Because that sure as hell isn't true. Dark Souls isn't mainstream, Ni No Kuni isn't mainstream, Uncharted is very much mainstream.


yes, yes, I know dark souls and ni no kuni are even more non-mainstream, but what I meant to say is that uncharted is no where near as mainstream as cod and bf are, and I don't want uncharted to become so mainstream...

 

and about all this e-sports crap, I don't care, I want to have fun, not all this serious stuff...

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 195 (217 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 08/11/2011
Offline
299 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 2, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I think the big question here is: do we want Uncharted become as big as BF/CoD?

 

because I certainly don't want that, if you want something to become very popular, you have to mainstream it, and I want Uncharted to be special, Uncharted is an action/adventure multiplayer, I wouldn't even compare it to first person shooters, I even wouldn't compare it to third person shooters like gears of war, sure it's third person and has a cover system, but the gameplay is so different...

 

and I agree with tapantaola, way to many playlists is a bad thing, sure UC3 has 10 playlists, but look how deserted most of them are...


So you're saying that Uncharted isn't mainstream? Because that sure as hell isn't true. Dark Souls isn't mainstream, Ni No Kuni isn't mainstream, Uncharted is very much mainstream.


yes, yes, I know dark souls and ni no kuni are even more non-mainstream, but what I meant to say is that uncharted is no where near as mainstream as cod and bf are, and I don't want uncharted to become so mainstream...

 

and about all this e-sports crap, I don't care, I want to have fun, not all this serious stuff...


Fair enough.

 

It's not as serious as you think. The pros out there are playing mainly because it's fun and entertaining. Give it a shot, it can really get you pumped.

UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done.
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/UNCHARTED-4-What-needs-to-be-done/td-p/41422205
Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 195 (214 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2840 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 2, 2013

snake134678 wrote:

Both

1.Vote on weather. why? I would like wheater effects to have an impact on gameplay, like the snowstorm in train wreck in Uncharted 2, but voting on weather doesn't make much sense if you ask me...

2.All maps for all gamemodes. agreed

3.Dedicated severs. sure, why not, although I never have a problem with lag...

4.All new maps. definately

5.No legacy. agreed

6.Seperate hitboxes. don't really care

7.A lot of dynamic maps. agreed

8.change your taunt in game. don't really care

9.Block mesh maps.agreed!!!

10.30 or 40+ guns. why so many? I prefer only a few, that way it's more balanced, and I hate in Uncharted 3 how I have to scroll through that big useless list of weapons to find the one I want to use before the match starts...

11.Crazy custom game options. agreed

12.Map editer. sounds awesome, it would be cool if we could make our own block mesh maps and play in them with friends :smileyhappy:

13.A lot more sounds both from characters and the environment. don't really care

14.Bring end cut scenes back. they were awesome :smileytongue:

15.All characters should have the same customization as the custom hero. nah, I prefer customization that fits the characters it's used on, if you ask me we throw customization completely out the window, but it appears I'm the only one who thinks that...

16.More customization in UC4. as long as it fits the charcters and fits in the Uncharted universe I'm fine with it...

17.A balanced multiplayer. definately

18.A treasure toggle that lets you pick the treasure set you want to get in the gamemode you want to play. that's to easy, but it has to be less luck-based indeed...

19.Team killing penalty whenever you get kicked for team killing you get a 60 second penalty. I think the kick is already worse enough, why punish teamkillers so much, it happens on accident a lot of the time too...

20.A variety of different maps and not just whats in the campaign. indeed, no more copying maps from the story...

 

Co-op

21.Custom co-op options. don't really care

22.co-villains. don't really care

23.Better co-op support. indeed

24.Seperate the gamemodes and have the mixed one too. seperate the game modes indeed

25.A lot of new enemies. don't really care, shade survival was boring

26.Better and smarter AI. it's ok as it is I think

27.No gun that can kill 10 or more enemies easily. as long as it's rare I'm ok with it, which gun are we talking about?

28.To have all guns in the game in co-op. agreed

29.All guns that should have mods have mods. I hate mods

30.Co-op cinema. agreed

 

Competitive

31.Less power weapon ammo. I'm fine with it as it is

32.More defensive kickbacks. less offensive indeed

33.No power weapons in FFA and elimination. agreed

34.Throwback as a booster. no throwback at all

35.No boosters or mods that give the player the advantage in a 1v1. totally agreed, so no fleet foot, not rate of fire, no accuracy, etc.

36.In Plunder you can only level up boosters like beast mode and endurance. exactly, only level boosters when it fits the mode you play in

37.Give players a lot more points for playing the objectives. agreed

38.Mercenary mode. don't really care

 

Singleplayer

39.Longer campaign. it was pretty long, even longer would ruin the pacing I think, if it's good for the pacing, then sure, make it longer, but don't add levels with a bunch of enemies dropped in just to extend the length of the game...

40.Singleplayer rewards. agreed

41.The option to disable hints. agreed

 

There's not much I want from singleplayer as I trust ND to give me a great singleplayer game. agreed :smileyvery-happy:


 

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 195 (211 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Online
2840 posts
 

Re: UNCHARTED 4: What needs to be done

Sep 2, 2013

supermoc10 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

supermoc10 wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

I think the big question here is: do we want Uncharted become as big as BF/CoD?

 

because I certainly don't want that, if you want something to become very popular, you have to mainstream it, and I want Uncharted to be special, Uncharted is an action/adventure multiplayer, I wouldn't even compare it to first person shooters, I even wouldn't compare it to third person shooters like gears of war, sure it's third person and has a cover system, but the gameplay is so different...

 

and I agree with tapantaola, way to many playlists is a bad thing, sure UC3 has 10 playlists, but look how deserted most of them are...


So you're saying that Uncharted isn't mainstream? Because that sure as hell isn't true. Dark Souls isn't mainstream, Ni No Kuni isn't mainstream, Uncharted is very much mainstream.


yes, yes, I know dark souls and ni no kuni are even more non-mainstream, but what I meant to say is that uncharted is no where near as mainstream as cod and bf are, and I don't want uncharted to become so mainstream...

 

and about all this e-sports crap, I don't care, I want to have fun, not all this serious stuff...


Fair enough.

 

It's not as serious as you think. The pros out there are playing mainly because it's fun and entertaining. Give it a shot, it can really get you pumped.


perhaps, but it's not my cup of tea, that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be in Uncharted though, if you guys have fun with it, then sure, but I don't want the game to adapt to e-sports, I prefer the e-sports to adapt to the game :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 195 (210 Views)
Reply
0 Likes