Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
470 posts

Re: UNCHARTED | PS4 | Confirmed =)

Nov 15, 2013
Some people came with lots of theories already about that teaser. One would be that the man talking would be Robert Drury, who was shipwrecked in Madagascar and would have been trapped there 15 years, which seems to fit perfectly with what is depicited in that teaser.
Message 61 of 128 (358 Views)
Sackboy
375 posts

Nov 15, 2013

And now announce Beyoned Two Souls (f reviews) , and The Last of Us for the PS4...

Then it's an instant buy for me.

Anyways, let's hope they aren't flooding the multiplayer with content again,  that was their mistake with Uncharted 3...

They wanted to add too much (loadouts, buddy system, kickbacks, boosters, game modes, legacies, not even talking about the stat hats etc..) while they didn't  work everything out as well as they should have.

And this time around, fix the technical issues in your engine Naughty Dog, it's funny how they said something about 60 000 glitches in a certain phase of development... that's nearly the same as the amount of glitches the game still has now lol..

Delaying how fast you can do 2 high fives didn't fix the airwalk glitch, it only bothered the honest players trying to get high fives..

How you should have fixed it was by not being able to stand in air, as in, make the character fall down when there isn't anything below the character... the list goes on.

Also make tweaks in singleplayer return.. an airwalk tweak would be awesome, it's extremely entertaining to airwalk in Uncharted 2 singleplayer (or co-op for that matter) Not that it will happen, they don't like to show what kind of tricks they use to save power and development costs..)

Anyways, I would say I'm hyped... but then again, there isn't anything known about it besides the teaser..

Message 62 of 128 (355 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
9335 posts

Nov 15, 2013
^There might not even be multiplayer ; )

Message 63 of 128 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
392 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Im guessing the setting is in an island off the coast of Madagascar called ile Sainte-Marie which was home to the legendary pirate utopia Libertalia. The motto of this utopia was "for God and Liberty"!

From wikipedia: 

Libertatia (also known as Libertalia) was a possibly fictional anarchist colony founded in the late 17th century in Madagascar by pirates under the leadership of Captain James Misson. Whether or not Libertatia actually existed is disputed. It is described in the book A General History of the Pyrates by Captain Charles Johnson, an otherwise unknown individual who may have been a pseudonym of Daniel Defoe.[1] Much of the book is a mixture of fact and fiction, and it is possible the account of Libertatia is entirely fabricated.[1]

According to Johnson's description, Libertatia lasted for about 25 years. The precise location is not known, however, most sources say it stretched from the Bay of Antongil toMananjary, including Île Sainte Marie and FoulpointeThomas Tew, Misson, and an Italian Dominican priest named Caraccioli were involved in founding it.

Building upon the legend, Skol brewery released a beer, Libertalia whose advertising is largely centered around the island's history of piracy.

Heres a link to read more: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertatia

photo psd_signature_mass_effect_by_urrrrrrrrr-d4rckz9_zps4cdccc04.png
Message 64 of 128 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 15, 2013
@TheStuntDouble
You won't see a ps4 slim or ps4 2.0 for atleast two maybe 3 years.
Message 65 of 128 (324 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Based off the the fact that there is a new guy talking throughout the trailer and the fact there it's called uncharted 4 and has a new logo I'm going to guess that this is reboot (I guess you could call it that ?) with and entirely new cast and no connection to the other games in the series.

I think it would be cool to see a new cast there is only so many games you can with the same cast before it begins to feel like nothing could ever hurt these characters I really didnt like that in uncharted 3 (SPOILERS) they killed off sully only to immediately bring him back and just brush it off. At least with a new cast it feels like anything can happen and after playing the last of us I really wouldn't worry about weather or not these characters are going to be good.
Message 66 of 128 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Nov 15, 2013
Also I'm pretty sure this game will still be based in the present time since the games have revolved so heavily around shooting people and using guns things that don't work quote as well when you have a whole lot less of them
Message 67 of 128 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10141 posts

Nov 15, 2013
2-3 years? Not a problem. Seems fair to wait to have a console that kinda does better in the long run.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 68 of 128 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Nov 15, 2013

Imagine Uncharted running at 1080p, 60 frames per second with an awesome Multiplayer and campaign. Can't wait to hear more about this!

Message 69 of 128 (260 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 15, 2013

Haven't seen it mentioned yet in any post in this thread, unless I completely overlooked it. Did anyone pick up on the part about "Every betrayed us all". At first I didn't pay much attention to it, but by the 3rd time I watched the trailer it begain to stick out to me that Every, could be a name. A simple google search and what do you know:

"Henry Every was a seventeenth century pirate who was called “The Arch Pirate” and “The King of Pirates” by his contemporaries, staged the most profitable pirate raid in history, and was never caught – retiring to enjoy his wealth. He also betrayed a lot of his men, and his wealth wasn’t found. He did operate around Africa, as well as India and the Caribbean. It’s important to note that the time Every operated in was long after Sir Francis Drake."

This along with the pirate looking character models, gives us some good stuff to speculate on.

Message 70 of 128 (242 Views)
0 Likes