Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: SLEAZE_IT_UP's - UC3 - CO-OP ARENA - TOURNAMENT - GOLD RUSH DASH - DUO - INVITATIONAL

Feb 16, 2013

shadowlibraboy wrote:
Sleaze, I noticed your post about scouring our FL to get more teams Smiley Happy

I have quite a few Hi-5 Members, I think some would be intersted this Smiley Happy
would they be allowed to split off into little Hi-5 teams and participate? Or would that be unfair to other people?

They would still try their hardest to win, I think it would be interesting to compete against some of my clan members in something like this Smiley Wink

The answer is yes.  Even, if it's other Hi-5 members participate, it would be like a conference in the NCAA College Basket Ball Tourney sending more than one team.  I just want reliable, mellow folks, who will compete, do their best not to quit, strategize and try theiir best with the time they have. 

As long as we avoid COLLUSION of any sort...and we might have to line up Hi-5 teams, if more than one, for BACK to BACK to BACK registration sessions --IF POSSIBLE--  so there is no early leaking of info or stuff of that sort, if that makes any sense at all.  Not sure if it will matter, anyways, and I am mentally fried right now from my work week and tourney stuff,  so I don't want to make a judgement on it, then regret it in the morning.     

I will sleep on it. 

Fpr now, if waiting, let's do this...

Have any members come on in here and post their interest...I will start by putting them on the Reserve List, but if appropriate, I will move them IMMEDIATELY to the PENCILED IN SECTION, if they have provided the PSN I.D. for both players on the team an can receive forum PMs. 

After I clean up the OP tomorrow, I'll move into other ADMINISTRATIVE duties, which will include sorting that out.  Thank you for your patience.  Please stand by.   

Much thanks.  Appreciated. 

SLEAZE. 

Message 81 of 314 (582 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: SLEAZE_IT_UP's - UC3 - CO-OP ARENA - TOURNAMENT - GOLD RUSH DASH - DUO - INVITATIONAL

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2013

OKAY.  MASSIVE UPDATES PROMISED--MASSIVE UPDATES COMING!  TODAY!

PLEASE NOTE ALL REGISTRATION IS ON HOLD UNTIL THE OP IN THIS THREAD IS UPDATED NEW TEAMS, OR TEAMS THAT WANT TO BOOK A TIME FOR REGISTRATION, PLEASE POST BELOW.  THANKS! 

8:00 AM, San Francisco Bay Area

SLEAZE_IT_UP's:  Office hours today are 8:00 AM PST to 12:30 PST, with LUNCH from 12:30 PST to 3:30 PST, with office hours resuming @ 3:30 PM PST, until I can no longer see straight or until I am statisfied with the progress of this event TODAY.  Later part of the TO DO list may spill over into tomorrow morning (Sunday AM here in Cali), so please, be patient

TO DO LIST (PRIORITIZED)

1.  Answer all Forum PMS, XMB MESGs, FB MESG/POSTS. 

2.  Finalize ALL elements of the OP for this thread (at least the structure of the thread with all sections

filled, with info, edit all of that, with a possible "dress up" to the overall appearance to happen laterif

ever). 

Priority for this will be on updating the PENCILED IN list, redrafting the FORMAL INVITE, posting

pre-registration tips for teams to speed up the registration process, update the REGISTRATION

section, get AT LEAST a basic tourney bracket up, showing the layout of seeds, up in the

tourney bracket section, amongst about 1 billion other things the need attention. 

3.  Get all formal invites out with updated Guide to Registration

4.  Get teams REGISTERED ASAP! 

5.  Finalize Teaser/Info Vid # 1 to release info on Map # 1, all weapon info, General Rules, Map

Specific Rules, and scoring/bonus point scoring info.  Essentially have all information out so that

playes can practice accordingly, as soon as possible

6.  Calculate all POWER INDEX RANKING for teams, and compete all SEEDING for the tourney. 

Update the bracket with Quadrant Names, seeds, and Team Names (or via Clan Tag if needed due to

spacelimitations). 

Let's get crackin', shall we: 

Message 82 of 314 (561 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1503 posts

Feb 16, 2013
ok sleaze. Tell me when you want to meet us.
I'll tell 6wall.

Good luck with your stuff, seems a lot of work jesus Smiley Tongue

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 83 of 314 (552 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Feb 16, 2013

bunshing wrote:
ok sleaze. Tell me when you want to meet us.
I'll tell 6wall.

Good luck with your stuff, seems a lot of work jesus Smiley Tongue

Okay, bunshing.  I'll send a FORUM PM or and XMB MESG, or both. 

Please stand by. 

Message 84 of 314 (525 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

Okay.  There have been some updates to the OP. 

I have a new TO DO LIST which includes:

- Send all invites to teams in Section 5 above with directions for scheduling and completing IN LOBBY registration 

- Send inquiries to pending teams in Section 5 above to check their stauts

- Update the OP with, AT LEAST, a basic bracket showing the 4 quads, with the empty seeds 

- Register Teams who are ready on a case by case, first come, first some basis 

- Update Section 8 with teams who have advised on booking times for Game Day Tourney Runs. 

- Produce final cut of Teaser Vid # 1 with info on Map # 1, Weapon rules, and Scoring Rules then update the OP with the same info under Section # 9.  Consider moving section # 9 up as we progress deeper into registration. 

GOING ON BREAK FOR NOW FOR A BIT.  FORMAL INVITES TO BE SENT TO ALL TEAMS IN SECTION # 5 ABOVE WHO ARE NOTED AS "SLATED/PENDING" AN INVITE. 

Message 85 of 314 (517 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

9:30 PM PST

PRATFALL PRODUCTIONS STUDIO

SOMEWHERE IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, USA

A NAP, 2 CUPS OF COFFEE, AND AN INSANE DRIVE

Okay people.  Life got in the way to today unfortunately. 

Had to help a friend with the brakes on his truck by running him to the auto shop for a tool that he needed. 

Prior to that, after an early clean up of the thread this morning, I straight up fell alseep for a few hours.  Woke, took some coffee, attended to my younger sister's dogs (SHE's in Hawaii, I get the dogs, RAW DEAL).  Jumped in the Mini Coop S and tore out for a ride to San Francisco and back  [AT AN ALARMING RATE OF SPEED] to clear my mind, think, listen to musical queues, and prioritize for the TOURNEY.  Here's the new "to do" list:

TOURNEY DIRECTOR'S (what an idiot!) "TO DO LIST" # 275

1.  - Edit together 2 videos TONIGHT.  The first will be on "BASIC RULES," including info on mods, boosters, kickbacks, and

some super basic info on weapons.  

- The second video will reveal info on MAP # 1.  It will name the map, advise on MAP SPECIFIC weapons allowed, and will

reveal some pretty wild BONUS POINT scoring options (4 total). 

- CROSS POST links @ SLEAZEVISION YOUTUBE page and Ali's UC3 CO-OP FB page. 

- UPDATE TOP OF OP to refect update in VID info.  Vid section to be developed in PART 1 above. 

- MESG ALL PLAYERS IN THE PENCILED IN SECTION VIA PSN FORUMS AND XMB TO GET TO THE OP AND REVIEW

THE NEW VIDS FOR TONS OF INFO! 

2. GET FORMAL INVITES OUT (after videos are posted).  Will MOST LIKELY have to happen EARLY AM on SUNDAY

17-February-2013, CA TIME. 

3.  Register WHOMEVER I have time for tomorrow between walking the dogs, getting invites out, meeting with a friend in the

mid-morning CA time, doing some simple car maintenance, meeting with another friend in the early afternoon CA time,

and quite possibly having to run my siser's dogs out to her house in San Francsico in the late afternoon.  Crap!  Gonna be

busy tomorrow! 

I will try to dedicate as MUCH time as possible in the early part of next week to registering teams.  Have MONDAY off too!

4.  Get 3rd teaser vid up about overall structure of the tourney (single elimination info, bracket info, power index rankings

(PIR) for all teams, and if possible, SEED the tourney.  Once seeds are set, reveal seeds in 4th video, by around

25-FEB-2013. 

5.  Plan final few teaser vids before the tourney starts.  Get them editied ASAP. 

6.  Polish the OP as best I can in the time I have.  Including general clean up, editing of OP for grammar an such,

documenting sections of the OP via Personal MESGS to myself, as a form of record. 

7.  Be sure to note for all players that Saturday, 02-MARCH-2013 will be UNAVAILABLE for booking times (for that week only)

unless those times are possibly early evening

I RULE. 

Teams.  Get IN HERE.  GET IN TOUCH with me about Registering ASAP!  Make sure your Team Captain, or player # 2, or both have the ability to access MESGs via the Forum PMs.  This is proving to be critical.  If you cannot access your account via signing into the ND.com forums, then MESG me via PSN XMB and we will make arrangements.  Closing date for Registration will be 25-FEB-2013 if still on schedule to start on 01-MARCH-2013. 

- Peace, as ever,

- SLEAZE. 

Ps. For those wondering WHY I keep adding stuff like the above ^^^, one of my other goals with this tournament is to let players and others into the META GAME when it comes to planning an event like this.  It is out of RESPECT for other people's efforts in this community to produce interesting and unique events (you know who you are) and to show others JUST HOW MUCH EFFORT it takes to pull something like this off, that I bother posting stuff like that.  It is an exercise in organizational skill.  Furthermore, posts like the above are to provide some personality.  I'm not a robot.  I gots feelings and have ups and downs too, just like anyone else. 

Ps. # 2.  Thank you for your patience.  Working hard.  FOR REAL. 

One time! 

SLEAZE.

Message 86 of 314 (496 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Feb 17, 2013

10:00 PM PST

PRATFALL PRODUCTIONS STUDIO

SOMEWHERE IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, NORTHERN CALIFORNIA, USA

STEADY DIET OF NOTHING

Okay.  Starting production of TEASER VID # 1 - BASIC RULES INFO - right now.  Let's see how friggin' long this takes!  Dam! 

- SLEAZE

Message 87 of 314 (480 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
354 posts

Re: SLEAZE_IT_UP's - UC3 - CO-OP ARENA - INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT -GOLD RUSH DASH - DUO -

Feb 17, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

@harrisj16/Satoru604:  

I will move you from the Reserves section to the "PENCILED IN" section later this afternoon, California, USA time, if that is okay with you. 

When can we schedule a time to get you in lobby for the registration process?  What would be the best time when you could do that this weekend?  Please advised by post-back here.  Thank you!  

Folks in general...

I will be on to handle some business with this tourney after 1:00 PM PST today.  If teams could drop in and post possible times when we could meet this weekend it would be appreciated.  Spread the word if your can!  Tell a friend!

- Thanks!  SLEAZE. 

Me and Satoru will be able to meet for registration any time after 12 noon EST Sunday.

Youtube channel: harrisj1616
Twitch: harrisj16
Message 88 of 314 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Re: SLEAZE_IT_UP's - UC3 - CO-OP ARENA - INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT -GOLD RUSH DASH - DUO -

[ Edited ]
Feb 17, 2013

harrisj16 wrote:

Me and Satoru will be able to meet for registration any time after 12 noon EST Sunday.

@harrisj16:  Okay.  No problem.  I will update the OP tomorrow morning and try to get the formal invite off to both of you before we meet.  Be sure to review PART 6 (or PART VI) to get ready for registration and to keep it as SHORT as possible. 

A 3rd video will be coming tomorrow per the notes in post # 86 above, by me.  I don't have time to do it tonight.  Packing it in for now. 

2nd video with basic info on rules to be posted below, and in the OP at the top.  Check it out to get a leg up! 

Message 89 of 314 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Okay.  Here is TEASER TRAILER # 1 - BASIC RULES INFO -

This has also been updated in the OP and cross-posted at Ali's FB page. 

That's it.  Shutting it down.

SLEAZE. 

Message 90 of 314 (468 Views)