Fender Bender
3484 posts

Re: Is Colin Moriarty teasing the next Naughty Dog project?

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Matt

"You guys"?

what do you mean?

Plural?

but I didn't even say 'you guys' in that sentence, I'm confused, what are you talking about Smiley Tongue

That's for the PS4/XBoner debate.

For Adv, I want a cool story like UC3 Co-op ADV. There's a general story of going for the treasure, and I like that.

oh, yeah I just said you guys because I don't want to point at just one person, and the story in UC3 coop adventure is pretty bad in my opinion, the cutscenes annoy me so much that I actually want to skip them, they are that bad, the story in coop adventure is not interesting to me at all...

I kinda like the story. The game DID sell as a "treasure-hunter" game, and you and I have noticed the only stories where Drake gets ANY TREASURE is co-op Adv.

well there you have a point, but unlike you, I don't dislike the singleplayer, I liked it, although not as much as Uncharted 2, also I prefer Nathan Drake to finish with no treasure at all, then with Fleddy Smiley Wink

Message 91 of 236 (297 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Matt

"You guys"?

what do you mean?

Plural?

but I didn't even say 'you guys' in that sentence, I'm confused, what are you talking about Smiley Tongue

For Adv, I want a cool story like UC3 Co-op ADV. There's a general story of going for the treasure, and I like that.

oh, yeah I just said you guys because I don't want to point at just one person, and the story in UC3 coop adventure is pretty bad in my opinion, the cutscenes annoy me so much that I actually want to skip them, they are that bad, the story in coop adventure is not interesting to me at all...

I kinda like the story. The game DID sell as a "treasure-hunter" game, and you and I have noticed the only stories where Drake gets ANY TREASURE is co-op Adv.

well there you have a point, but unlike you, I don't dislike the singleplayer, I liked it, although not as much as Uncharted 2, also I prefer Nathan Drake to finish with no treasure at all, then with Fleddy Smiley Wink

I just don't like why ND even bothers theming everything with treasure. FHC, all the treasures you needed to get in the UC3 minigame in PS Home... I mean, if he's just an adventurer, then he's not a treasure-hunter. There's no treasure, no fortune, no nothing. You're not allowed to use those if your main character isn't a collector of one.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 92 of 236 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

UC4 > TLoU DLC. 'Nuff said.

Aug 16, 2013

UC4 > TLoU DLC. 'Nuff said. 

Message 93 of 236 (287 Views)
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

@Matt

"You guys"?

what do you mean?

Plural?

You must not remember the end of Uncharted : Drakes Fortune then. Smiley Wink

Message 94 of 236 (286 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 16, 2013
That wasn't fair since Sully got the treasure. He didn't get ANYTHING for himself except TWO OUT OF A FREAKING LOT Spanish coins near the Naziand that ONE treasure in Golden Abyss that you had to get as a tutorial.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 95 of 236 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 16, 2013

But Sully is like a father to Drake, he would've shared the money that the treasure was worth. 

Message 96 of 236 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 16, 2013
That doesn't change the fact that Drake isn't a treasure hunter.
Message 97 of 236 (271 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14228 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

if Colin Moriarty tweeted: don't think games, think history, I'm pretty sure it is that article the dukenukem guy mentioned, about insomniac, but this time about naughty dog, I think that's what he is going to do, the only thing I do not get is why he is calling it a SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE, but then again, I'm getting used to this overhyping by the gaming media...

to the xbox one vs ps4 debate:

seriously, I can't believe you guys think microsoft has the better exclusives, what is up with your memory? look at the xbox360, bioshock and mass effect were exclusive, but later on they got ported over to the ps3, also microsoft hasn't made a good xbox360 exclusive in the last 3 or more years, once they have your money, they abandon you, that's just how it is...

and even the excluives that they have right now, I don't see what is so good about it, also keep in mind that most of these games will also be available on PC:

titanfall is an ugly looking shooter, nothing special there...

ryse is a giant quick time event, sure it looks pretty, but nothing more than that...

forza is a great, but gran turismo is just as good, so that's not a reason to get an xbox one either...

dead rising is also very ugly, and with moronic zombie AI, I don't see why it's great...

quantic break looks interesting, remedy is a good developer, but we can't jump to conclusions just yet, I think it's on par with the order 1886 from ready at dawn in terms of quality developer...

and I know not much ps4 exclusives were announced, but don't worry, sony has 14 studio's, all working on ps4 games, and we already get killzone shadowfall and infamous second son (that's going to be an epic game, sucker punch is amazing), driveclub seems ok, but probably not as good as forza/gran turismo, knack is a bad game I think, at first I was interested, but after seeing gameplay, it looks bad and is very very very linear, anyway, there is no reason for concerns, we have yet to hear what media molecule is working on, what quantic dream (not a first party studio, but they work on a ps4 exclusive) is working on, what naughty dog is working on, what santa monica is wokring on, what guerilla games is working on (they have 2 ps4 games in development), and probably more...

microsoft already has thrown all it's cards on the table, all they have left is that black tusk game (which is a first party studio), and from the clips they showed my guess that it is going to be just another shooter, but who knows, we probably here more from Sony at gamescom and tgs, maybe we even get Agent and The Last Guardian, you never know Smiley Wink

and for the people that are still talking about those pirate looking figures as an UC4 easter egg, they are not an easter egg, they are statues in the museum level of The Last of Us, you can find the exact same models with the red and blue clothes in that level, so stop seeing that as an easter egg...

Driveclub will be better than Gran Turismo.

A steaming turd is better than Gran Turismo's shopping cart handling.

Good thing it's not realistic, if my car handled like that I'd be dead. So would almost everyone else.

I've looked at the PS4 exclusives and compared them to the XBOX One exclusives, PS4 has one. Killzone which could be hit or miss based on KZ2 and then the atrocious KZ3.

Knack looks cool and all. It's not going to shift consoles.

Ugly games can still be great, equally good looking games can be utter trash (RE6) looks good, plays awful. Little Big Planet, ugly as sin, good to play.

Zombies and moronic AI. isn't that the point? they are zombies afterall.

The Order looks totally uninspiring... As does 90% of the launch lineup.

Infamous? I don't want to spend ages travelling to missions... If they fix that.. maybe. just maybe it'll be worth my time.

Driveclub, as said earlier, will be better than GT. Will more than likely be a good game, but like Forza, it wont be the thing that sells consoles.

Knack looks fun but wont be shifting consoles either.

Killzone is always hit and miss.

Isn't that all they have for launch day? Without The Order.

The only decent thing they shown at E3 was The Dark Sourcerer. Everything else was third party and available elsewhere.

I'm quite happy being able to judge games for what they are really.. Whereas some people are just so busy in the console war that they can't even tell the difference in quality.

As far as I can see Microsoft certainly have the better exclusives.

You'd have been better off telling me how Unreliable Microsoft consoles are, because thats the reason I'm actually taking the lackluster PS4.

Message 98 of 236 (269 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Both next gen consoles don't have great launch titles but based on this gen I'd bet on the ps4 but I love infamous and naughty dog games so its easy choose for me

I thought the order looked quite cool and more oringinal then most of the games shown at e3
Message 99 of 236 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
That doesn't change the fact that Drake isn't a treasure hunter.

He is. Smiley Wink

Message 100 of 236 (262 Views)