Reply
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/27/2010
Offline
3480 posts
 

Re: Is Colin Moriarty teasing the next Naughty Dog project?

Aug 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Not long now. Smiley Happy


Tell me what they're doing. I don't think I'll be on when they show. :l


IGN or bloggers will do articles on it. You'll find out. Smiley Tongue

Message 231 of 236 (12,534 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: UPDATE: Not a new game, but the history about Naughty Dog

Aug 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

@Aureilia:

 

I think people would appreciate it if you put that The Last of Us ending in spoiler tags, I'm sure a lot of people have not played it yet, and they don't expect a The Last of Us ending spoiler in this thread!

 

anyway, I keep disagreeing with you, I loved the Uncharted 3 ending in fact, what did you think was bad about it?

 

anyway, to each their own I guess, but I think demanding a game to be a total package is stupid, I understand that you only want to buy games that have sp and mp, but I won't say a game is worse if it only is sp, that's just weird to say, that would for instance mean you could never give beyond two souls a 10, because it won't have mp, just an example, that's stupid...


It's not the fact of something not having MP.

 

It's the fact of having it and not doing it right.

 

If your gonna do something you do it properly.

 

But the chances are I wouldn't give anything that doesn't have MP a 10. Wheres the replay value?

 

I spoiler tagged the ending even though I think the ending is so anticlimatic that people may have actually thanked me for saving them time finishing it or buying it. x.x

 

I chose some bad words for Uncharted 3's ending. The actual ending isn't bad.

Spoiler
It's the things leading to the ending, melee with Talbot, Marlowe melts into the ground.. why? Just... WHY... So uncreative.

 

 

The battle with Lazarevic was vastly superior.


uc3 spoiler:

Spoiler
ok, I agree that the boss fight was bad, it was just a QTE, but I liked the ending in terms of story, I thought marlowe dying in quicksand was pretty good, and I like how nate tries to save her, because he knows he can't just let anybody die just because he doesn't like her, I think that part is great, also I really like the ending with Elena, and the joke about the plane at the end and parachutes, I think it was great, but I agree, the gameplay, not so much...

 

I disagree about replay value though, I think single player can as well have very good replay value, batman arkham city is a very good example, there is a challenge mode for combat and stealth, there are riddles to solve, a lot of side missions to do, challenging trophies to collect, there is a new game+ which is interesting, that game has the best replay value in a single player game I have ever seen, it's awesome, games don't need multiplayer to have replay value!

Message 232 of 236 (12,524 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 07/23/2013
Offline
2971 posts
 

Re: UPDATE: Not a new game, but the history about Naughty Dog

Aug 20, 2013

Just Cause 2 has amazing replay value in it's singleplayer. I wish I had it on PS3. Smiley Indifferent

 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 233 of 236 (12,523 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3588 posts
 

Re: Is Colin Moriarty teasing the next Naughty Dog project?

Aug 20, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Not long now. Smiley Happy


Tell me what they're doing. I don't think I'll be on when they show. :l


I'll make a topic for it in the uc3 mp section, so you can watch it there, ok Smiley Wink

Message 234 of 236 (12,522 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14267 posts
 

Re: UPDATE: Not a new game, but the history about Naughty Dog

Aug 20, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

@Aureilia:

 

I think people would appreciate it if you put that The Last of Us ending in spoiler tags, I'm sure a lot of people have not played it yet, and they don't expect a The Last of Us ending spoiler in this thread!

 

anyway, I keep disagreeing with you, I loved the Uncharted 3 ending in fact, what did you think was bad about it?

 

anyway, to each their own I guess, but I think demanding a game to be a total package is stupid, I understand that you only want to buy games that have sp and mp, but I won't say a game is worse if it only is sp, that's just weird to say, that would for instance mean you could never give beyond two souls a 10, because it won't have mp, just an example, that's stupid...


It's not the fact of something not having MP.

 

It's the fact of having it and not doing it right.

 

If your gonna do something you do it properly.

 

But the chances are I wouldn't give anything that doesn't have MP a 10. Wheres the replay value?

 

I spoiler tagged the ending even though I think the ending is so anticlimatic that people may have actually thanked me for saving them time finishing it or buying it. x.x

 

I chose some bad words for Uncharted 3's ending. The actual ending isn't bad.

Spoiler
It's the things leading to the ending, melee with Talbot, Marlowe melts into the ground.. why? Just... WHY... So uncreative.

 

 

The battle with Lazarevic was vastly superior.


uc3 spoiler:

Spoiler
ok, I agree that the boss fight was bad, it was just a QTE, but I liked the ending in terms of story, I thought marlowe dying in quicksand was pretty good, and I like how nate tries to save her, because he knows he can't just let anybody die just because he doesn't like her, I think that part is great, also I really like the ending with Elena, and the joke about the plane at the end and parachutes, I think it was great, but I agree, the gameplay, not so much...

 

I disagree about replay value though, I think single player can as well have very good replay value, batman arkham city is a very good example, there is a challenge mode for combat and stealth, there are riddles to solve, a lot of side missions to do, challenging trophies to collect, there is a new game+ which is interesting, that game has the best replay value in a single player game I have ever seen, it's awesome, games don't need multiplayer to have replay value!


I'd agree with a challenge mode of sorts but it would have to be done right.

 

Mirror's Edge is done perfectly on that



Message 235 of 236 (12,517 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/30/2013
Offline
1541 posts
 

Re: UPDATE: Not a new game, but the history about Naughty Dog

Aug 20, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

@Aureilia:

 

I think people would appreciate it if you put that The Last of Us ending in spoiler tags, I'm sure a lot of people have not played it yet, and they don't expect a The Last of Us ending spoiler in this thread!

 

anyway, I keep disagreeing with you, I loved the Uncharted 3 ending in fact, what did you think was bad about it?

 

anyway, to each their own I guess, but I think demanding a game to be a total package is stupid, I understand that you only want to buy games that have sp and mp, but I won't say a game is worse if it only is sp, that's just weird to say, that would for instance mean you could never give beyond two souls a 10, because it won't have mp, just an example, that's stupid...


It's not the fact of something not having MP.

 

It's the fact of having it and not doing it right.

 

If your gonna do something you do it properly.

 

But the chances are I wouldn't give anything that doesn't have MP a 10. Wheres the replay value?

 

I spoiler tagged the ending even though I think the ending is so anticlimatic that people may have actually thanked me for saving them time finishing it or buying it. x.x

 

I chose some bad words for Uncharted 3's ending. The actual ending isn't bad.

Spoiler
It's the things leading to the ending, melee with Talbot, Marlowe melts into the ground.. why? Just... WHY... So uncreative.

 

 

The battle with Lazarevic was vastly superior.


uc3 spoiler:

Spoiler
ok, I agree that the boss fight was bad, it was just a QTE, but I liked the ending in terms of story, I thought marlowe dying in quicksand was pretty good, and I like how nate tries to save her, because he knows he can't just let anybody die just because he doesn't like her, I think that part is great, also I really like the ending with Elena, and the joke about the plane at the end and parachutes, I think it was great, but I agree, the gameplay, not so much...

 

I disagree about replay value though, I think single player can as well have very good replay value, batman arkham city is a very good example, there is a challenge mode for combat and stealth, there are riddles to solve, a lot of side missions to do, challenging trophies to collect, there is a new game+ which is interesting, that game has the best replay value in a single player game I have ever seen, it's awesome, games don't need multiplayer to have replay value!


I'd agree with a challenge mode of sorts but it would have to be done right.

 

Mirror's Edge is done perfectly on that


Mirror's Edge sounds like a great game but it came out around 5/6 years ago and now it's near impossible to find it :/
Do you think that the new ME will be a continuation off the first one where you'll have to play the previous instalment like Assassin's Creed or will it be something brand new?

Bang Bang!

Message 236 of 236 (12,493 Views)
Reply
0 Likes