Fender Bender
2971 posts

Re: Is Colin Moriarty teasing the next Naughty Dog project?

Aug 16, 2013
Stunt, you have played U2, right?
 photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 61 of 236 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 16, 2013
If he is saying dont think games. think history, think stories then its most likely a new ip and has something to do with the priates or whatever they were in the backround of the video about the last of us apparently these are not the guys from the musuim in TLOU.
because the game everyone thinks it will be is uncharted.
Message 62 of 236 (303 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Actually I think we are all getting ahead of selfs here after reading more tweets from #notaxation I think it's an article on the history of naughty dog he wrote a massive history of insomniac games awhile back and his tweets strongly suggest this
Message 63 of 236 (301 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 16, 2013
All of his tweets are referring to stories and the history
When asked if it was uncharted he said they were reading in to it to much and later says dont think games think history and stories
I'm 99.9% positive that this is what this is dont get your hopes up for a new game that will more then likely be revelled at the VGAs
Message 64 of 236 (300 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
308 posts

Aug 16, 2013
Alright last thing (sorry to make so many different posts) he never said there was announcement or that he was revealing something just the he was to going to a naughty dog from Tuesday to Thursday and that naughty dog fans should be exited because something awesome coming up which could be anything. Lastly here is the article written by Colin moriarty about insomniac games.
http://m.au.ign.com/articles/2012/09/28/always-independent-the-story-of-insomniac-games
Message 65 of 236 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Think history, think history... 

Uncharted: very history influenced games, lots of historical references and locations. 

But then don't think games?? Smiley Frustrated

Message 66 of 236 (294 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 16, 2013
@Solid Yep.

1 year after UC3.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 67 of 236 (290 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Especially since MS stopped their redonkulous always-on junk and that PS now requires you to pay to go online, MS is starting to look strong despite horrible starting reputation compared to Sony.

Although Halo is still a peepeepewpew, CoD is why I call FPS games peepeepewpew* and I really haven't heard anything remotely interesting from either besides those two.

When was Uncharted the prime game of Sony? When I bought UC3 (November 2011), I did not know anything about Uncharted and I should have gotten Driver SF if UC3 didn't have a steelbook copy.

*(defn. FPS game. Peepee is what little male children call their urine disposal organ. By experience, CoD is full of kids that talk about their peepees, and CoD is a shooter, which kids back then play RL with "pew" sounds and fake guns.)

Halo was awesome, it got killed when Reach came out. They broke everything that made it unique and then abandoned ship and joined Activision Lol.

That XBOX One has Quantum Break which looks better than any of the Sony exclusive lineup. It also has Dead Rising 3 which looks like a total change in direction for the series, looks like a huge improvement over that joking atmosphere in 1 and 2.

Titanfall is the better FPS I've seen on the new consoles.

and Ryse looks amazing.

Forza is what really sells it to me though, that racing game is absolutely miles ahead of Gran Turismo. Forza feels real while GT feels like shopping carts with missing wheels.

If it wasn't for the fact that i'm skeptical of Microsoft and console reliablity I'd have switcehd my order a long time ago. Back at E3 actually when the only real thing of interest Sony shown was two Quantic Dream games.

As for how much Uncharted sells your consoles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Apart from that crap Gran Turismo.. Uncharted is the biggest seller they have.

Message 68 of 236 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Especially since MS stopped their redonkulous always-on junk and that PS now requires you to pay to go online, MS is starting to look strong despite horrible starting reputation compared to Sony.

Although Halo is still a peepeepewpew, CoD is why I call FPS games peepeepewpew* and I really haven't heard anything remotely interesting from either besides those two.

When was Uncharted the prime game of Sony? When I bought UC3 (November 2011), I did not know anything about Uncharted and I should have gotten Driver SF if UC3 didn't have a steelbook copy.

*(defn. FPS game. Peepee is what little male children call their urine disposal organ. By experience, CoD is full of kids that talk about their peepees, and CoD is a shooter, which kids back then play RL with "pew" sounds and fake guns.)

Halo was awesome, it got killed when Reach came out. They broke everything that made it unique and then abandoned ship and joined Activision Lol.

That XBOX One has Quantum Break which looks better than any of the Sony exclusive lineup. It also has Dead Rising 3 which looks like a total change in direction for the series, looks like a huge improvement over that joking atmosphere in 1 and 2.

and Ryse looks amazing.

Forza is what really sells it to me though, that racing game is absolutely miles ahead of Gran Turismo. Forza feels real while GT feels like shopping carts with missing wheels.

If it wasn't for the fact that i'm skeptical of Microsoft and console reliablity I'd have switcehd my order a long time ago. Back at E3 actually when the only real thing of interest Sony shown was two Quantic Dream games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Halo - so it's a peepeepewpew. I guess that's established then lol.

Quantum Break - Sounds interesting. Once I see some gameplay footage, I can't bother with this. NFS The Run has an amazing trailer, for example, and it turned out to be the worst NFS game I've touched.

Titanfall - peepeepewpew.

Dead Rising 3 - LOOOOOOOOL nope. I really do not like mindless zombie massacre, and I really don't like open-world since I prefer linear games.

Forza - Unless the racing game allows dirty racing, I don't play. I'm a dirty racer, always have been. I'm the kind of guy who would cause a massive Nascar pile-up and use it as a way to get to the top positions without working for it.

Ryse - No thanks. Saw the gameplay. Not that amazing.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 69 of 236 (280 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

and Ryse looks amazing.

Halo - so it's a peepeepewpew. I guess that's established then lol.

Quantum Break - Sounds interesting. Once I see some gameplay footage, I can't bother with this. NFS The Run has an amazing trailer, for example, and it turned out to be the worst NFS game I've touched.

Titanfall - peepeepewpew.

Dead Rising 3 - LOOOOOOOOL nope. I really do not like mindless zombie massacre, and I really don't like open-world since I prefer linear games.

Forza - Unless the racing game allows dirty racing, I don't play. I'm a dirty racer, always have been. I'm the kind of guy who would cause a massive Nascar pile-up and use it as a way to get to the top positions without working for it.

Ryse - No thanks. Saw the gameplay. Not that amazing.

Thats why Dead Rising 3 looks good, it doesn't look as mindless. some of it looked like it aimed to be more serious and have some sort of scare factor. We'll see though.

I hated the last two also...

Forza allows dirty racing, theres even modes to mindlessly crash in like the car soccer game

You should really check some Halo sometime, they have some awesome modes for people who don't even want to shoot a gun. Hockey modes, bomb ball modes and loads of other crap.

Oh and the ability to just smack people in the face with hammers.

Message 70 of 236 (276 Views)
0 Likes