Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3470 posts

Re: Is Colin Moriarty teasing the next Naughty Dog project?

Aug 16, 2013

When he says think history, Uncharted revolves alot around history. 

Message 71 of 236 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Aug 16, 2013
@Aure I'll have to see how it turns out first. I'm not a fan of ridiculous "funny" BS (Saint's Row) and zombie games aren't a big deal for me (I bought TLOU because if they ditched UC3 halfway for this this better be good).

Forza's like Test Drive pre-seriousness then? Interesting. What about car crashes? Not car dents or scratches, I'm talking Burnout style.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 72 of 236 (158 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Especially since MS stopped their redonkulous always-on junk and that PS now requires you to pay to go online, MS is starting to look strong despite horrible starting reputation compared to Sony.

Although Halo is still a peepeepewpew, CoD is why I call FPS games peepeepewpew* and I really haven't heard anything remotely interesting from either besides those two.

When was Uncharted the prime game of Sony? When I bought UC3 (November 2011), I did not know anything about Uncharted and I should have gotten Driver SF if UC3 didn't have a steelbook copy.

*(defn. FPS game. Peepee is what little male children call their urine disposal organ. By experience, CoD is full of kids that talk about their peepees, and CoD is a shooter, which kids back then play RL with "pew" sounds and fake guns.)

Some guns make that sound as well. I didn't even think of that you dirty minded little boy! :smileyvery-happy:

Bang Bang!

Message 73 of 236 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 16, 2013

samuelcd1997 wrote:

Think history, think history... 

Uncharted: very history influenced games, lots of historical references and locations. 

But then don't think games?? :smileyfrustrated:

Are we going to get another Uncharted short series like Eye of Indra?

Bang Bang!

Message 74 of 236 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Aug 16, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Especially since MS stopped their redonkulous always-on junk and that PS now requires you to pay to go online, MS is starting to look strong despite horrible starting reputation compared to Sony.

Although Halo is still a peepeepewpew, CoD is why I call FPS games peepeepewpew* and I really haven't heard anything remotely interesting from either besides those two.

When was Uncharted the prime game of Sony? When I bought UC3 (November 2011), I did not know anything about Uncharted and I should have gotten Driver SF if UC3 didn't have a steelbook copy.

*(defn. FPS game. Peepee is what little male children call their urine disposal organ. By experience, CoD is full of kids that talk about their peepees, and CoD is a shooter, which kids back then play RL with "pew" sounds and fake guns.)

Some guns make that sound as well. I didn't even think of that you dirty minded little boy! :smileyvery-happy:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/no_internet

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 75 of 236 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Halo was awesome, it got killed when Reach came out. They broke everything that made it unique and then abandoned ship and joined Activision Lol.

That XBOX One has Quantum Break which looks better than any of the Sony exclusive lineup. It also has Dead Rising 3 which looks like a total change in direction for the series, looks like a huge improvement over that joking atmosphere in 1 and 2.

Titanfall is the better FPS I've seen on the new consoles.

and Ryse looks amazing.

Forza is what really sells it to me though, that racing game is absolutely miles ahead of Gran Turismo. Forza feels real while GT feels like shopping carts with missing wheels.

If it wasn't for the fact that i'm skeptical of Microsoft and console reliablity I'd have switcehd my order a long time ago. Back at E3 actually when the only real thing of interest Sony shown was two Quantic Dream games.

As for how much Uncharted sells your consoles.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=&publisher=&platform=PS3&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

Apart from that crap Gran Turismo.. Uncharted is the biggest seller they have.

Halo - so it's a peepeepewpew. I guess that's established then lol.

Quantum Break - Sounds interesting. Once I see some gameplay footage, I can't bother with this. NFS The Run has an amazing trailer, for example, and it turned out to be the worst NFS game I've touched.

Titanfall - peepeepewpew.

Dead Rising 3 - LOOOOOOOOL nope. I really do not like mindless zombie massacre, and I really don't like open-world since I prefer linear games.

Forza - Unless the racing game allows dirty racing, I don't play. I'm a dirty racer, always have been. I'm the kind of guy who would cause a massive Nascar pile-up and use it as a way to get to the top positions without working for it.

Ryse - No thanks. Saw the gameplay. Not that amazing.

Did I accidentally log into your account and post this? xD
Looks like we have more in common after all!

Bang Bang!

Message 76 of 236 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 16, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/no_internet

I was wrong... Everyone uses that word...

Bang Bang!

Message 77 of 236 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 16, 2013

if Colin Moriarty tweeted: don't think games, think history, I'm pretty sure it is that article the dukenukem guy mentioned, about insomniac, but this time about naughty dog, I think that's what he is going to do, the only thing I do not get is why he is calling it a SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE, but then again, I'm getting used to this overhyping by the gaming media...

to the xbox one vs ps4 debate:

seriously, I can't believe you guys think microsoft has the better exclusives, what is up with your memory? look at the xbox360, bioshock and mass effect were exclusive, but later on they got ported over to the ps3, also microsoft hasn't made a good xbox360 exclusive in the last 3 or more years, once they have your money, they abandon you, that's just how it is...

and even the excluives that they have right now, I don't see what is so good about it, also keep in mind that most of these games will also be available on PC:

titanfall is an ugly looking shooter, nothing special there...

ryse is a giant quick time event, sure it looks pretty, but nothing more than that...

forza is a great, but gran turismo is just as good, so that's not a reason to get an xbox one either...

dead rising is also very ugly, and with moronic zombie AI, I don't see why it's great...

quantic break looks interesting, remedy is a good developer, but we can't jump to conclusions just yet, I think it's on par with the order 1886 from ready at dawn in terms of quality developer...

and I know not much ps4 exclusives were announced, but don't worry, sony has 14 studio's, all working on ps4 games, and we already get killzone shadowfall and infamous second son (that's going to be an epic game, sucker punch is amazing), driveclub seems ok, but probably not as good as forza/gran turismo, knack is a bad game I think, at first I was interested, but after seeing gameplay, it looks bad and is very very very linear, anyway, there is no reason for concerns, we have yet to hear what media molecule is working on, what quantic dream (not a first party studio, but they work on a ps4 exclusive) is working on, what naughty dog is working on, what santa monica is wokring on, what guerilla games is working on (they have 2 ps4 games in development), and probably more...

microsoft already has thrown all it's cards on the table, all they have left is that black tusk game (which is a first party studio), and from the clips they showed my guess that it is going to be just another shooter, but who knows, we probably here more from Sony at gamescom and tgs, maybe we even get Agent and The Last Guardian, you never know :smileywink:

and for the people that are still talking about those pirate looking figures as an UC4 easter egg, they are not an easter egg, they are statues in the museum level of The Last of Us, you can find the exact same models with the red and blue clothes in that level, so stop seeing that as an easter egg...

Message 78 of 236 (133 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2013

@Matthijs_17 I wished they ported Left 4 Dead to the ps3, that game looks so epic to me.

Message 79 of 236 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Aug 16, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

if Colin Moriarty tweeted: don't think games, think history, I'm pretty sure it is that article the dukenukem guy mentioned, about insomniac, but this time about naughty dog, I think that's what he is going to do, the only thing I do not get is why he is calling it a SUPER SECRET EXCLUSIVE, but then again, I'm getting used to this overhyping by the gaming media...

to the xbox one vs ps4 debate:

seriously, I can't believe you guys think microsoft has the better exclusives, what is up with your memory? look at the xbox360, bioshock and mass effect were exclusive, but later on they got ported over to the ps3, also microsoft hasn't made a good xbox360 exclusive in the last 3 or more years, once they have your money, they abandon you, that's just how it is...

and even the excluives that they have right now, I don't see what is so good about it, also keep in mind that most of these games will also be available on PC:

titanfall is an ugly looking shooter, nothing special there...

ryse is a giant quick time event, sure it looks pretty, but nothing more than that...

forza is a great, but gran turismo is just as good, so that's not a reason to get an xbox one either...

dead rising is also very ugly, and with moronic zombie AI, I don't see why it's great...

quantic break looks interesting, remedy is a good developer, but we can't jump to conclusions just yet, I think it's on par with the order 1886 from ready at dawn in terms of quality developer...

and I know not much ps4 exclusives were announced, but don't worry, sony has 14 studio's, all working on ps4 games, and we already get killzone shadowfall and infamous second son (that's going to be an epic game, sucker punch is amazing), driveclub seems ok, but probably not as good as forza/gran turismo, knack is a bad game I think, at first I was interested, but after seeing gameplay, it looks bad and is very very very linear, anyway, there is no reason for concerns, we have yet to hear what media molecule is working on, what quantic dream (not a first party studio, but they work on a ps4 exclusive) is working on, what naughty dog is working on, what santa monica is wokring on, what guerilla games is working on (they have 2 ps4 games in development), and probably more...

microsoft already has thrown all it's cards on the table, all they have left is that black tusk game (which is a first party studio), and from the clips they showed my guess that it is going to be just another shooter, but who knows, we probably here more from Sony at gamescom and tgs, maybe we even get Agent and The Last Guardian, you never know :smileywink:

and for the people that are still talking about those pirate looking figures as an UC4 easter egg, they are not an easter egg, they are statues in the museum level of The Last of Us, you can find the exact same models with the red and blue clothes in that level, so stop seeing that as an easter egg...

The Order: 1886. 'Nuff said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 80 of 236 (124 Views)
0 Likes