Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Re: UPDATED **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition**

Mar 15, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

tack129 wrote:

The questions were great. The answers disappointed me but were understandable.

It confirms my theory that patch 1.17 was the last big patch and that we shouldn't expect anymore from ND other than DLC with regards to UC3.

All I can say is that I hope they have learned lessons during and after development and to wish them luck with their future projects.

I'll even be honest and say that I was surprised we got this amount of support for a MP game. Some companies would stop much earlier. I appreciate that at least.

I don't think I can name another game off the top of my head that got 17 patches, while still getting patched after a year of being released.

Then again, not all games are released with as much issues as Uncharted 3. Hell they even released stuff in patches that they teased were in the final game. (i.e. The tournament system was teased before launch as a way in which players can "bet", Elimination was added after launch, Custom Game options, etc..)

While I'm glad they still supported us all the way, it was still their responsibiliy to deliver a complete game from the start.

Message 141 of 145 (489 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition**

Mar 16, 2013

"Why haven't the issues with splitscreen (character customization specifically) been fixed yet? It's been 16 months now since the game released, what gives?" - curtainman1

This will require touching code.  Touching code after release is always tricky business and we’ve decided to address issues we see as critical.  While there are a number of split screen issues we’d like to tackle, the risk is just too great for us to consider it.

Dissapointing, but I'm glad we got an answer at least.

I always had hope that they would eventually fix the splitscreen issues, but now I know that's not going to happen.

Smiley Sad

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Message 142 of 145 (420 Views)
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Mar 16, 2013
Lol my question was answered. But I asked it before that session was announced. I never bothered Naughty Paws since it's night in Europe then. So I didn't know ND staff actually plays too.
Message 143 of 145 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Mar 16, 2013

Then again, not all games are released with as much issues as Uncharted 3. Hell they even released stuff in patches that they teased were in the final game. (i.e. The tournament system was teased before launch as a way in which players can "bet", Elimination was added after launch, Custom Game options, etc..)

While I'm glad they still supported us all the way, it was still their responsibiliy to deliver a complete game from the start.

The bet is/was missions isn't it?
Message 144 of 145 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
1351 posts

Mar 16, 2013

munnsy1 wrote:

The bet is/was missions isn't it?

Before (or around) the first MP trailer, Naughty Dog has actually said that Uncharted 3 will have "wager" matches, like Black Ops I'd assume. I guess that idea turned into the Missions/Tournament mess we have now. Smiley Very Happy

Message 145 of 145 (344 Views)
0 Likes