I Only Post Everything
1107 posts

Re: UPDATED **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition**

[ Edited ]
Mar 14, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

The Free-to-Play is a very different thing. We didn't change the code at all for the Free-to-Play. The tournament did alter the code but that was many, many patches ago. 

I mean I know this game is over a year old and all.   But there is defiantly something wrong with the Net Code.  

I've gone on Chivalry, LittleBigPlanet 2,  Dark Souls,  Uncharted 2 and Demon's Souls.  Theres no lag or very minor lag when someone is hosting.    

When I get on Uncharted 3  this is what occurs...

-White Bars

-Booted out of Matches (This happens alot in Co-op Hunter)

-Party Splits

-Dead Body Glitch

-Not even gonna mention some of the laggy encounters I had

-AirWalk 5.0

EDIT:

Maybe go back to the regular matchmaking instead of Level Based matchmaking?  I don't know what to tell ya... 

Please use plain text.
Message 131 of 145 (531 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1668 posts

Mar 14, 2013
ND, why answer questions? It seems as if you pick ones that you can just say "no" to.
Naughtydog, you must bring back Charlie Cutter in Uncharted 4.
Please use plain text.
Message 132 of 145 (468 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition**

Mar 14, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

"Why haven't the issues with splitscreen (character customization specifically) been fixed yet? It's been 16 months now since the game released, what gives?" - curtainman1

This will require touching code.  Touching code after release is always tricky business and we’ve decided to address issues we see as critical.  While there are a number of split screen issues we’d like to tackle, the risk is just too great for us to consider it.

Could you at least try to fix the problems by touching the code? It's not as if making a mistake while tweaking it isn't reversable, right? There has to be some kind of in-house testing you guys can do... 

Please use plain text.
Message 133 of 145 (458 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4811 posts

Mar 14, 2013

The questions were great. The answers disappointed me but were understandable.

It confirms my theory that patch 1.17 was the last big patch and that we shouldn't expect anymore from ND other than DLC with regards to UC3.

All I can say is that I hope they have learned lessons during and after development and to wish them luck with their future projects.

I'll even be honest and say that I was surprised we got this amount of support for a MP game. Some companies would stop much earlier. I appreciate that at least.

Please use plain text.
Message 134 of 145 (426 Views)
PlayStation MVP
17713 posts

Mar 14, 2013

tack129 wrote:

The questions were great. The answers disappointed me but were understandable.

It confirms my theory that patch 1.17 was the last big patch and that we shouldn't expect anymore from ND other than DLC with regards to UC3.

All I can say is that I hope they have learned lessons during and after development and to wish them luck with their future projects.

I'll even be honest and say that I was surprised we got this amount of support for a MP game. Some companies would stop much earlier. I appreciate that at least.

We all should feel glad for their dedication. I don't think I can name another game off the top of my head that got 17 patches, while still getting patched after a year of being released.

Very good support in the end. Maybe not on the interaction side, but the patches and still continuing Labs still show their support. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 135 of 145 (410 Views)
Naughty Paw
174 posts

Mar 15, 2013

Thanks for keep supporting UC3 :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 136 of 145 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

"I'm only going to ask one more time, cause 10 months of asking seems like enough. There are some riot shield glitches still present in Uncharted 3, although the shield is not a popular weapon, it is still something in the game. Will you ever fix them? Section 4) Of this thread explains them in greater detail. http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Riot-Man-s-rioting-ways-of-riot..." - Slaynman

As your post points out we’ve addressed some glitches with the Riot Shield since patch 1.13. We’ve gotten it to a point at which the glitches you mention aren’t common or easily reproducible. It’s unlikely we’ll be addressing anything else with it. It’s a rare weapon meant to give a distinct defensive advantage.

This answer is completely the wrong thing -_-

If ND actually read the whole thing or ever used the Riot Shield they would know that it does not "give a distinct defensive advantage" because all anyone has to do when you have a Riot Shield is blindfire you and the bullets will ignore the shield and kill you extremely fast because you huddled down low and essentially a concentrated hunk of hitbox. Blindfire utterly destroys the Riot Shield, so saying that they aren't common or easily reproducible is incorrect because it blindfire always ignores the Riot Shield up close.

And the responses about code are just stupid. That's like saying if they alter any code it's permanent. What, you don't know how to create back up files ND? Nothing is permanent when you can create infinitely many versions and revert back to them at any time as long as you don't delete them, and even then they remain in you recycle bin until you clear that out just in case.

As for individual Objective modes requiring you touch the code? Impossible. You could just as easily make them new, rather than parts of the original, and as we can see with Shade mode you can add completely new modes, except with these the modes are already laid out, so you just have to let us play them seperately by adding them in individually. No touching of the game's original code is required except to copy/paste each round type into it's own match.

Note: While I do appreciate getting this many patches after release, I feel that we were owed this support because of the rushed launch and as for the added content most of I think wanted technical fixes more than any new content so really those things only acted as distractions from what we really wanted. I paid $60 for the game, $25 for Fortune Hunter's Club, and maybe $10 more on hats so I would say with all the money I've spent, and all the money I know plenty of others have spent from launch to hats and tickets, that they better be still supporting this and trying to fix what they left broken by rushing the launch of an unfinished game.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 137 of 145 (294 Views)
Fender Bender
2839 posts

Mar 15, 2013

In summary: we will only add more DLC that we can earn money on and we aren't going to try to fix anything because our code is **bleep**ed up?

Even if that is true, there are tons of issues needed to be fixed that wouldn't require to turn the code upside down right? for instance: more medals for quickboom, remove the hipfire auto-lock on, get rid of rate of fire, just to name a few...

At least promise me that for your next game you will keep it simple, don't add so much stuff that nobody cares for anyway and just fix things, the only thing that you made that was worth adding were block mesh maps, that was such a great idea, but most of us don't care much for mods, kickbacks, paid boosters, colors, power plays, tournament prizes, stat hats and if you don't have the resources to balance all those things out, then don't add them to the game, just keep it simple, like Uncharted 2, did you hear anyone complain in Uncharted 2 about a lack of customization, a lack of power plays, a lack of kickbacks, a lack of mods, a lack of anything? Uncharted 2 was a great game because it was simple, it didn't make you rely on tools and it took skill to be good at the game, the only thing you did wrong was lowering the health and ignore some glitches (plunder running idol glitch being the worst), for the rest the game was perfect, so go back to basics, don't copy other games and be unique again... :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 138 of 145 (248 Views)
First Son
15 posts

Mar 15, 2013

first, thank you for answering, was fairly cool that me and blood got the first two questions.

as for my issue, yes i know it is random....but it happens a LOT. the endless ring has its own lore in the community as being the most annoying bug. i do not think you CAN fix it, i think it is laggy people or playstations failing to load. instead, just a simple time out feature for loading. drop us in the lobby without a loss after say 90 seconds. my team does not deserve to have to reset and have a loss waiting on them upon their return because of someone with ahmed internet or a faulty ps3.

GREAT work on the last patch...i get critical on ND's updates, but you got it right this time. dead man glitch and airwalking finally starting to go away, colors, just a great patch.

Please use plain text.
Message 139 of 145 (223 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2668 posts

Re: **Q&A with the Naughty Dog Development Team: March Edition**

Mar 15, 2013

"That said we have plenty of new content in the pipeline that will be coming out over the next few months. We recently unearthed a gem that might see the light of day too. J"

Phantom-Pain-Joakim-Mogren.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 145 (203 Views)
0 Likes