Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation Support
6737 posts

Re: The Uncharted 3™ “Bad Lip Reading” Contest

Apr 2, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

For the video, can we use dialogue from other sources like say a movie or different game or do we have to use our own voices?

Be as creative as you like :smileyhappy:

Message 21 of 101 (819 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

For the video, can we use dialogue from other sources like say a movie or different game or do we have to use our own voices?

Just a few quick questions:

Can I employ real actors for a shot-by-shot recreation of the animated scene (using the existing dialogue), then add my new audio to that video?     

Alternatively, may I hand sketch individual frames from one of the scenes onto separate pages of paper and mail it to you as a flipbook? It would obviously be too hard to match an audio file to the flipbook since all the judges may flip the pages at different rates, so when you are judging my entry may I come to your offices individually to provide live audio as you flip?   

Thanks in advance.

Message 22 of 101 (806 Views)
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

inigomontoya74 wrote:

Trawnza wrote:

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Can I employ real actors for a shot-by-shot recreation of the animated scene (using the existing dialogue), then add my new audio to that video?     

Alternatively, may I hand sketch individual frames from one of the scenes onto separate pages of paper and mail it to you as a flipbook? It would obviously be too hard to match an audio file to the flipbook since all the judges may flip the pages at different rates, so when you are judging my entry may I come to your offices individually to provide live audio as you flip?   

Thanks in advance.

For the second question, you can't, since the rules state that your entry is required to be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post.

As far as your first question: That goes pretty far, dontcha think? I think you have to use the original clips at least once, then get creative.

Anyways, I WILL ENTER THIS CONTEST!!! But my voice makes ears bleed ;-; I'll edit as much as I can, my voice, and add a tad of surprise that is based off a skin I use in the game. Questions, though:
1. Can we put our own visual content in our entry? (Like editing the clips, putting in our own stationary pics, etc)
2. Will it be OK if I had others play voices for certain roles in my entry if they do not own a PlayStation Network account and/or do not take any credit?
Thanks in advance.

Message 23 of 101 (755 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Trawnza wrote:

1. ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I wanted to enter dang it!

Anyway good luck to those that can enter and I look forward to your entries!

Message 24 of 101 (743 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Lmao XD

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 25 of 101 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
311 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Ratchet5294 wrote:

inigomontoya74 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

For the second question, you can't, since the rules state that your entry is required to be uploaded to YouTube and embedded in a post.

As far as your first question: That goes pretty far, dontcha think? I think you have to use the original clips at least once, then get creative.

Thanks for the clarification. It's a moot point now. The actors were too difficutl to work with, so I fired them. I've decided to go in an entirely different direction with my entry. One word: CLAYMATION!

Message 26 of 101 (707 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Apr 3, 2013

I feel like someone already brought this up, but can I splice together parts of all 3 videos or can I only use one?

This is gonna be fun :smileyvery-happy:

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Message 27 of 101 (661 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Support
4890 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Sure! Get creative with it.

U--J
PlayStation Moderation and Support Guy @ www.playstationsupportforum.com
Message 28 of 101 (607 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4895 posts

Apr 3, 2013
Crimsonine, I've heard of you artistic ability. Are you still part of H@RDIES?
 photo nightcrawlerf_zpsmmcb864d.gif
Message 29 of 101 (567 Views)
Monster Hunter
27 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

Gonna use all clips!

I gotta go to Cali!
Message 30 of 101 (561 Views)