Treasure Hunter
4821 posts

Re: ***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: August edition***

Aug 2, 2012

Blennerville wrote:

are ye going to address the current problem with grenades ??

i.e. -  they are too easy to throwback due to the large range you can pick them up within (can be up to 5m away from nade and still throw it back) and also the amount of time you are given to throw back the grenade is too long.

also why did ye change the grenade mechanics since the summer beta ??

- being able to quickly throw/release grenades is essential - especially when in cover (it takes over a full second to release) and when your trying to stop blindfire + melee rushers.

the beta grenades were better imo where you could quickly release the nades UC2 style, and being able to throw and direct your grenades while rolling was way cool - ye have to bring that back. Rolling and dropping doesnt cut it for me and imo only results in more grenade spamming.
the increased timer fuse since the beta is fine, no problem there at all but the throw-back-ability is a problem, its too easy - just reduce the time you have and also the range.

community: kudo please, its important

For the love of God give this post kudos'!

tlousig2
Message 151 of 369 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
155 posts

Aug 3, 2012
I doubt this will get the kudos necessary for a reply, but in an effort to get to know the Dogs better as people:

What kind of music do you guys listen to?
Message 152 of 369 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
52 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 3, 2012

This was probably asked already but I didn't feel like reading through 16 pages of questions, so here it goes.

ND can you explain more about the 'exciting new feature' coming with the release of patch 1.13? I'm guessing you guys are referring to the new treasure feature you have mentioned before. Can you explain how it will work? Okay, thanks ND Team.

Message 153 of 369 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 3, 2012

fm0987 wrote:

This was probably asked already but I didn't feel like reading through 16 pages of questions, so here it goes.

ND can you explain more about the 'exciting new feature' coming with the release of patch 1.13? I'm guessing you guys are referring to the new treasure feature you have mentioned before. Can you explain how it will work? Okay, thanks ND Team.

Don't bother asking this, by the time this question is answered 1.13 will be out and we will have all patch notes.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 154 of 369 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
52 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Yeah I know it's coming soon but I thought I would ask just for sh*ts and giggles.

Message 155 of 369 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Aug 3, 2012

awsome_robot wrote:
Why all the fuzz against "Revenge"? It's called Revenge... for a reason, it's supposed to kill the one who killed you. It's not call "Drop a live grenade, but don't worry, you have all the time in the world to escape, especially when your enemy dies before hitting the ground (description says drop a live grenade when killed, not when the body falls to the ground) hence the reason you used to complain about the animation and not having enough time to escape... booster".
I don't mind using it or getting killed by it... it's part of the game.

Nobody's complaining about whether the name is accurate or not, we're saying a booster should NOT give anyone free kills, without them doing anything. That is what kickbacks are for (except then, you would deserve it). Boosters are supposed to boost your gameplay, not guide it at times. 

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 156 of 369 (287 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Aug 3, 2012

fm0987 wrote:

Yeah I know it's coming soon but I thought I would ask just for sh*ts and giggles.

Lol watch them answer your question now

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 157 of 369 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

Re: ***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: September edition***

Aug 3, 2012

What made you think adding bright green sunlight to the sanctuary (a night time map) was a good idea? I'm really curious...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 158 of 369 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6647 posts

Re: ***Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: September edition***

Aug 3, 2012

fadi002 wrote:

What made you think adding bright green sunlight to the sanctuary (a night time map) was a good idea? I'm really curious...

So that some of us could completely not notice it and still not notice it while others are irritated by it.

Message 159 of 369 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Aug 3, 2012

Why were people complaining about Revenge in U3 more than U2?

Message 160 of 369 (242 Views)