Sackboy
488 posts

Re: Q&A with the NaughtyDog Development Team: November edition

Nov 2, 2012
Are there any plans to reduce the price of any of the map packs?

Are you going to nerf the KAL-7 and M9 blindfire?
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 246 (545 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Can and will you remove stopping power from blindfire?

When someone blindfire's a gun, like an M9, their bullets have stopping power. It's been like this ever since you added stopping power, and yet stopping power was added to counter blindfire. Shouldn't blindfire intuitively not have any stopping power?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 246 (528 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Are you aware that going into cover while reloading cancels the reload? Will you please fix this?

It makes cover not only less viable, but actually hinders your gameplay. A cover based shooter should not punish you for going into cover.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 246 (527 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Can you remove (or add a toggle for) the camera angle switch that occurs when you high five someone, assassinate another player, or in cover melee another player?

It is very disorienting and can really mess with a player in a heated match. These awkward camera angle switches often can lead to death from an offscreen enemy, one that you saw but when your camera angle switches back is now in the opposite direction and you're going the wrong way, or from a revenge grenade that you can't see the timer on because your camera angle switches at just the wrong time. Player names also aren't visible when you are high fiving someone so in that moment when your camera angle changes and you see someone, you can't even tell if they're an enemy or ally unless they're using a skin that is clearly hero or villain.

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 246 (526 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
276 posts

Nov 2, 2012

***UPDATED WITH ANSWERS*** Q&A with the Naughty Dog Developers - September edition. 

Trawnza wrote:

5. Are you guys aware of the extremely frequent party splits that have been occurring since 1.14? (SouthpawLP)

We have made changes to the matchmaking in patch 1.15 that will help correct this.

Matchmaking is still terrible, are you really going to fix it?
i mean party splits comes every day and a lot of times... i dont want to make partys to play against them because of splits :smileysad:

A lot of times i see that the Host of the games quits and everyone gets kicked out of the game. A free lose for every player. Some people quit in the lobby and sometimes you get another lose for it too...  Do you fix it?

Sometimes when the Host quits the match, you restart at your spawn, but there is no longer a cinema file for it.

People who join a match in progress havent a cinema file too.

If you take the tau sniper, you get a lot of times invisible in the cinema. 
Cinema is freezing a lot of times.

That are a lot of things, but the question is everytime the same:
Will you fix those bugs? 

Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 246 (524 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Would it be possible to increase the speed of the rolling animation slightly? The other alternative is have it take the same amount of time to complete but make it go a longer distance, which would give the same effect.

Right now sacrificing the time you could be shooting back or sprinting for a roll isn't worth it. With how fast the game plays the roll is just too slow to keep up and usually gets you killed in the middle of your roll. Perhaps if it was more of a quick lunge? It's just needs to be more useful for a quick, short, evasive manuever. Not only is it not that fast, but when you roll rather than sprinting, you also give up the opportunity to throw back grenades as it locks you out, further discouraging rolling.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 246 (524 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Nov 2, 2012

Would you be willing to speed up the going into cover animation?

Monkey Man already does this for some reason, but the default speed needs to be faster because currently it's so slow that you often get shot while going into cover and this long animation also makes you more prone to lag deaths and makes the game less fluid. With the going into cover animation being slightly faster and more fluid, the game will flow better and also begin to suppor both cover and strafing as viable options once again, rather than just strafing. No one wants to use cover except for healing between battles and holding a position. It would be useful in real combat once again if you could go into it without knowing you'll lose half your health before you make it in there, and then you now have to heal and let the opponent escape if they like or pop out and get your remaining health picked right off.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 246 (522 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 2, 2012

ND, why there is no online/daily player count in UC3 MP? Can you implement it in a future patch? It was extremely useful in UC2 MP.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 246 (490 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1105 posts

Nov 2, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

ND, why there is no online/daily player count in UC3 MP? Can you implement it in a future patch? It was extremely useful in UC2 MP.

These days I see alot of the same names over and over...   Including you.      

I guess thats why people prefered the Summer Beta because there was alot more people playing the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 246 (449 Views)
PlayStation MVP
231 posts

Nov 2, 2012
Are your aware and are you REALLY going to fix things like the dead body glitch, party splitting, mega bomb, not doing damage, randomly being removed from the game? Have you ever considered that if a person is kicked from the game for team killing, that they could still keep what they earned? For instance, I was playing plunder last night and the same guy twice strolled right in front of me while I was aiming and throwing my grenade, which of course hit his back and killed us both. He actually kicked me!
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 246 (442 Views)