Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 28 2013
By: SicParvisMagna6 Hekseville Citizen 362 posts
Accepted Solution

Unable to join PROBLEM

3 replies 363 views Edited Jun 28, 2013
Ever-since the last month i am unable to join party, and it's only me, 'cause other people can just join parties. But when they invite me I'm/they're unable to join. Pls help, l would really appreciate it.
Message 1 of 4 (363 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10072 posts

Re: Unable to join PROBLEM

Jun 28, 2013
I've heard about this prob. Matthjis, some friends and ai have this prob and our workaround is to set whoever you can connect to as leader and ask this dude to invite the othwr dudes.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 2 of 4 (357 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jun 28, 2013
maybe its due to nat type
be sure to make it NAT type 1
not 2 or 3
since they can be incompatible
Message 3 of 4 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jun 28, 2013

If you're unable to connect to other players (join their party or hear their mics while in the same party with a mutual friend leading) then the correct ports are not open.

1.  make sure you have a NAT type 1 or 2 connection.   Type 1 means you have an ethernet wire connecting your modem to your PS3.   Type 2 (the most common) means your modem is connected to a router which is then connected to your PS3.  You do not want to have a type 3 connection ever.  Only type 1 or 2 are acceptable for reliable online gaming.

2. make sure UPnP (universal plug n play) is enabled on both your router and your PS3 network settings.   UPnP does it's best to make sure the correct ports are open for whatever activity you are doing at the time.   With cheaper routers it doesn't always work that great....kind of get what you pay for.   the more money your router costs, the more likely the UPnP will work properly and open the correct ports for you.  

3. If for some reason you still have a NAT type 3 connection or have a NAT type 2 connection but the correct ports aren't being opened you have only 2 options:

- give your PS3 a static IP address and manually open the ports needed for both PSN and Uncharted 3 via Port Forwarding in your router settings.   There are tutorials online, doesn't take much time.  You'll get the hang of it in 10 minutes or less from start to finish. 

- give your PS3 a static IP address and put that address in the DMZ in your router settings.   By putting your PS3's static IP in DMZ, all ports will be open at all times.  You will have a NAT type 2 connection and it will be impossible for the correct ports to not be open for PSN or for Uncharted 3 because all ports are open at all times.    DO NOT put your entire network in DMZ.  All of your ports open would leave your network defenseless to numerous types of malicious attacks.  ONLY the static IP address you gave your PS3.  

Message 4 of 4 (309 Views)