Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2012
By: LookFlyingToast First Son 8 posts

Unable to join friends in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

12 replies 3510 views Edited Apr 26, 2012

So me and my best friends have been playing Uncharted together since 2. After a while we couldn't join each others parties. The only way we could play together was if someone else was there, acting as a 'medium'. This problem still exists for is in Uncharted 3. No matter what we do or how many times we reboot our systems and games, we can't join each other. We tried matching NAT types, still doesn't work. We would like to be able to join each others parties without the hassle of asking someone else to host. Also, this happens to me with ransoms too. Just yesterday I made a friend on PSN through UC3 and we added each other and when we tried to join each others lobbies it wouldn't work. Our names would flicker in the other persons lobby for a second, then it would say 'Unable to join party'. I really would like to know if there is anything I can do to fix this. I love Uncharted and would really like to enjoy the Multiplayer with my friends.

Message 1 of 13 (3,510 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2241 posts

Re: Unable to join friends in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer.

Apr 26, 2012

you are not the first my friend

Message 2 of 13 (3,510 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Apr 26, 2012

Try a different game. Happened to me, we all went to COD: BO zombies and could just play fine. Other than that you could try reading this if you don't understand some things.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3891787

Than you can attempt this.

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/3025578?start=0&tstart=0

Raptr Gamercard
Message 3 of 13 (3,510 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
583 posts

Apr 26, 2012

It means that you need a player that has Best Connection To host the party. From there say you have 3 people in total, 2 others have to join the host. 1 of the 2 have a chance of being removed from the party. You have to figure out the pattern, whether its person A, Or B, who joins first, vice versa. A player joining might cause the other player to not be able to join, or get removed.

BF3 Stats
My Youtube Channel--> http://www.youtube.com/user/WaffleMonster07?feature=mhee
Message 4 of 13 (3,510 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 26, 2012

I know this is an old message, but it's still a current problem, as it happened to me and a friend. Luckily It's easy to fix!

Simply make a note of the players name from your friends list that you are 'unable to join party' with, then delete them.

Send out a new friend request to them using 'add friend' from the PS menu...This will now fix the problem!

I don't know if it'is a permanent fix, but it's been working fine for me and my friend since doing this :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 13 (3,448 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 1, 2013

The simple way is to make another player the party leader(who is not having this trouble) you and youre friend can join his party without any troubles it helps me too !! with my friend and its a simple answer you can try it out , it should really work.

Message 6 of 13 (2,370 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

May 1, 2013
First, old topic. What you did is called necrobumping. That's a big no-no, I think.

Second, he's saying that he prefers NOT to have a medium. Meaning, just them. No third wheeler,
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 7 of 13 (2,366 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1334 posts

May 1, 2013

I had this problem too, both in Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4,try this....

When 'unable to join party' pops up, you should both quit uncharted 3(or go directly) > XMB > Network Connection > Internet Connection Test. Once you both have completed a Internet connection test, go back in to uncharted 2 or 3, play multiplayer and you SHOULD be able to join your friends party. I don't know WHY this works, but trust me it does, as me and friend did it MANY times, and it was always our go to solution for when we couldn't party up together.

I never understood how im not changing any of my settings, neither is he, but after doing the Internet connection test, we are somehow able to party up. It's bizzare but it works for me, even if it's a bit lengthy. Hope it helps you too

mario_happyYoshi.gif

R.I.P Rika Raja - Confirmed 21/06/12
Message 8 of 13 (2,341 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

May 2, 2013

RandomZach wrote:

I had this problem too, both in Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 4,try this....

You already have Uncharted 4 :smileysurprised:

Message 9 of 13 (2,315 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1500 posts

May 2, 2013
uc4 = golden abyss

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Message 10 of 13 (2,312 Views)
0 Likes