Nov 22 2013
By: trav1ce Lombax Warrior 109 posts

Unable to join multiplayer. Please help

6 replies 305 views Edited Nov 22, 2013

A friend of mine is trying to join multiplayer and he says it makes his playstation freeze right when its about to complete the loading process. Is this a common problem. Is there a workaround? Please help thanks.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/VBc8MeR.jpg?1[/IMG]
Message 1 of 7 (305 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Unable to join multiplayer. Please help

Nov 22, 2013
I've never had this problem myself. But I believe a few things he could try would be:

-Putting in a different game to play for a few minutes to clear the cache.

-Deleting and reinstalling the game data for UC3.

-Making sure his internet settings are correct.

I'm sure others can offer more advice.
Message 2 of 7 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Lengthy post....

I used to experience this issue almost every single darn time I play multiplayer (still have this issue at times). I'm pretty sure it's the UC3/ND servers that's the issue (at least for me since I don't live in the US). Mine wouldn't even get to the halfway point of the white bar, I waited up to 2hrs a couple of times (I multi-tasked at the same time), granted this was during patch 1.17 - I deleted and reinstalled 1.17.

But now it's patch 1.18.whatever-it-is, it still has a horrible time connecting. It's not my wifi, I changed it and now my wifi strength is 1000% right next to my ps3 (so its definitely not an issue from my end). I sometimes get the config file error, whatever that means. Apparently this issue has been happening since September 2012. Usually when they tweak something in a new patch it usually changes something else and stuffs it up IMO.

I suggest to change your internet connection or try a different ps3 just to see if it makes a difference. This is all said from my own (frustrating and extremely time-consuming) experience with the multiplayer.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 3 of 7 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 22, 2013
I still got this prob. I'm telling you, the game data thing? It's not a sure-fire way to fix it. Still stuck in the screen. Anyway, I thought maybe the liveupdates take time to download on that screen.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 4 of 7 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
368 posts

Nov 22, 2013
I mean, my wifi strength is 100%*

Is it a game data thing? I don't know what could be the issue besides the servers. Always get a network error message, whatever that means.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 5 of 7 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Nov 22, 2013
Not a game data thing. Did it twice, nada. I give up, I'll be playing GTA Online. It's been like this for too long, and I've lost patience. If you find a fix can you post here?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 6 of 7 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
13 posts

Nov 23, 2013

Go to LAN mode first & try turning off UCTV then connect to multiplayer.I hope it works Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7 (245 Views)
0 Likes