Treasure Hunter
5302 posts

Re: Unable to join party.

Jan 16, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

calcunnon wrote:

Shadow, you seemed as if you had a solution for me. Do you think opening those ports (without doing all the other things such as DMZ) will help my situation?

sig

I think yes.

DMZ and port forwarding donot work well together. For best results, either DMZ or port forward the needed ports, donot do them both.

So, try opening all the ports I listed, if it didn't work, port forward the ports listed in the guide too. I think that should work. Donot put your PS3 into DMZ, only port forward the ports of PSN and SCEA servers.

What router do you have by the way? Maybe you're port forwarding the wrong way?

Ah okay mate, I was doing DMZ and port forwarding at the same time. I'll give it a try with just port forwarding tonight. Will I need to consider the SCEE ports too, do you think? (I'm UK based)

I'm using a Sagem modem-router, it came with my broadband. It's sitting right next to my PS3 so it's connected straight via Ethernet.

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 47 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Not sure as I use SCEA game servers. Check the SCEE website to see if they have different ports.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 47 (298 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 26, 2012

I know this is an old message, but it's still a current problem, as it happened to me and a friend. Luckily It's easy to fix!

Simply make a note of the players name from your friends list that you are 'unable to join party' with, then delete them.

Send out a new friend request to them using 'add friend' from the PS menu...This will now fix the problem!

I don't know if it'is a permanent fix, but it's been working fine for me and my friend since doing this :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 47 (291 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

Jul 26, 2012

spikeygeko98 wrote:

I know this is an old message, but it's still a current problem, as it happened to me and a friend. Luckily It's easy to fix!

Simply make a note of the players name from your friends list that you are 'unable to join party' with, then delete them.

Send out a new friend request to them using 'add friend' from the PS menu...This will now fix the problem!

I don't know if it'is a permanent fix, but it's been working fine for me and my friend since doing this :smileyhappy:

Ha! Really? That's a really weird fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 47 (278 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
211 posts

Aug 25, 2012

spikeygeko98 wrote:

I tried this since I don't know how to port forward, but it didn't work for me. Can anyone explain how to port forward or anything else I have to do to fix this problem? I only have this problem with one friend and he said I'm the only one he has it with also, so I don't know if it's me or him. Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 47 (243 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Apr 5, 2013
The same here..! Any extra ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!
Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 47 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10833 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 5, 2013

Wow... nice bump.

Edit: Holy necro bump, Batman! Locking.

-Stage_Coach

Please use plain text.