Jan 08 2012
By: calcunnon Treasure Hunter 5547 posts

Unable to join party.

46 replies 6800 views Edited Jan 8, 2012

Another bug. Yay. I'm sure someone's reported it before but it's really irritating me at the moment so I'd like awareness of it raised.

There is a bug where I invite someone to my party and they are unable to join. Also, when they invite me to their party to try and get around this problem, I cannot join them either. It's only when I join someone else's party and invite the aforementioned player that we can play together.

I've opened all the necessary ports on my router and configured it best for PS3 online gaming, but it hasn't helped. Maybe the people I'm having his problem with need to configure their router. Maybe it's just another bug ND need to add to the list.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Message 1 of 47 (6,800 Views)
Wastelander
858 posts

Re: Unable to join party.

Jan 8, 2012

It happens a lot to me too.

I just think it's another thing ND needs to fix.

Uncharted 3 Stats Card by the Naughty-Kennel.com - SniperSling
Message 2 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jan 8, 2012

This happens due to the different, incompatible NAT Types between you and the person invited. I'm not sure if Naughty Dog can do anything about this, as it is happening because of a problem in your connection.

Did you try DMZ?

Message 3 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4961 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I have just learned to accept it.  There are just some players that do not have a connection to other players.  We usually have to manipulate the party leader in a manner to get all players in the party.  Its a pain, and it seems to happen daily, but its just another bug that needs to be accepted in this game. 

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 4 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I've set my DMZ up too. I guess it might be worth these other people also opening their ports and setting up their DMZ. Could possibly work then, I guess.

Message 5 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2080 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Its another Bug from this game, i play some games with my mate, and we get splitt up, after this im unable to join the person which with i played before

We tried to log in and out the Multiplayer several time until it woks again.

This is the onlything you can do

►!RRE◄

A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday , even the Calendar says W. T. F..........

Ladders, Tournaments, Prizes for Free Hosted by FraggedNation! Click Here!
Message 6 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jan 8, 2012

ii-NuDLz-ii wrote:

Its another Bug from this game, i play some games with my mate, and we get splitt up, after this im unable to join the person which with i played before

We tried to log in and out the Multiplayer several time until it woks again.

This is the onlything you can do

It has nothing to do with Uncharted 3. In Modern Warfared 3 and generally speaking, all Call of Dutys, you will be given a NAT Type based on your connection and ports. If it's Open, you can connect and invite any player and it will work.

If another person had Moderate or Strict and you have on of them too, you won't be able to join/invite each other occassionally. And this applies to all online games in general.

Also, something worth mentioning too is there might be a problem with the router's firewall. It might be too strong that it blocks some ports automatically.

NETGEAR, for example is one of the worst for gaming. I couldn't get an Open Nat Type in Modern Warfare at all, whether it's DMZ or port forwarding. I got rid of it and bought a new Linksys recently, and it works like a blast. Not once did I get that error. And I have an Open Nat on MW3.

That could give you a little insight about the process.

Oh, and Calcunnon, if you have an Open NAT Type, you could connect and invite all types of players regardless of their NATs.

Message 7 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5547 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I can only get a best of NAT Type 2, despite my PS3 being directly connected to the modem router via Ethernet.

Message 8 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4395 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

NETGEAR, for example is one of the worst for gaming. I couldn't get an Open Nat Type in Modern Warfare at all, whether it's DMZ or port forwarding. I got rid of it and bought a new Linksys recently, and it works like a blast. Not once did I get that error. And I have an Open Nat on MW3.

Dang it, my family own that kind of the router. I will take a note of that and buy another router beside NETGEAR in the future. Thank you for the info.

Ho Ho Ha Ha
Message 9 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Jan 8, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

I can only get a best of NAT Type 2, despite my PS3 being directly connected to the modem router via Ethernet.

sig

Yeah, I get a NAT Type 2 too.

The only way to get a NAT Type 1 is to be directly connected to the router itself without a modem. As long as there's a modem, it's not going to display NAT Type 1.

Besides, you can have a NAT Type 2 and have an Open NAT. Just make sure you port forward the following ports:

• TCP: 80
  • TCP: 443
  • TCP: 3478
  • TCP: 3479
  • TCP: 3480
  • TCP: 5223
  • TCP: 465
  • TCP: 10070-10080
  • TCP: 983
  • UDP: 3478
  • UDP: 3479
  • UDP: 3658
  • UDP: 10070

Those are the PlayStation Network and SCEA game servers.

Message 10 of 47 (6,800 Views)
0 Likes