Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Re: Unable to join party.

Jan 8, 2012

FredFai wrote:

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

NETGEAR, for example is one of the worst for gaming. I couldn't get an Open Nat Type in Modern Warfare at all, whether it's DMZ or port forwarding. I got rid of it and bought a new Linksys recently, and it works like a blast. Not once did I get that error. And I have an Open Nat on MW3.

Dang it, my family own that kind of the router. I will take a note of that and buy another router beside NETGEAR in the future. Thank you for the info.

Welcome to ND forum!

I'm back to the game!

Just get Linksys. It is an awesome one. And yeah, glad you figured that one out, NETGEAR is so bad.

Message 11 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Ah yeah I've forwarded most of those ports, but not all of them. I'll add the rest to the list and see what happens. Thanks.

Message 12 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jan 8, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

Ah yeah I've forwarded most of those ports, but not all of them. I'll add the rest to the list and see what happens. Thanks.

sig

You're welcome. Reply back if you feel there's any difference.

Message 13 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Will do. Is there a reason that 10070 is opened individually as well as in the 10070-10080 one?

Message 14 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 8, 2012

Ah TCP and UDP. Got it :smileyhappy:

Message 15 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16340 posts

Jan 8, 2012

None of this will matter if the other guy has an issue.  Why not just use uPnP?

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Message 16 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I have uPnP turned on already.

But yeah of course they'll need to do it too, but at least now I minimalise my issues with other players.

Message 17 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 8, 2012

It's not a router issue. I never had so many issues in UC2 MP party system.

I have Netgear DGN2000 & UPnP enabled and it works like a charm.

Btw, has anyone noticed that they receive invites with a significant delay (2-3 minutes later)? Yet another game bug.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 18 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jan 9, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Btw, has anyone noticed that they receive invites with a significant delay (2-3 minutes later)? Yet another game bug.

The new forum sucks. -__-

It's not mainly an issue with the game itself, it partly involves personal connections. Oh and by the way, I also had DGN1000 and it is one cheap-quality router. I port forwarded and DMZ'd and still had issues with Uncharted 3 but not Uncharted 2.

It's not a necessity if it works in Uncharted 2 that it works in Uncharted 3. I had Call of Duty Black Ops work like a charm while I couldn't connect to MW3 using the same NETGEAR router. So...

Oh, and regarding the delayed invites, my friends once notified me that they got my invites alot later than they were sent, like 20 minutes. I was offline and he said he recieved my invites. So yes, happens alot to me.

Message 19 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 9, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

The new forum sucks. -__-

It's not mainly an issue with the game itself, it partly involves personal connections. Oh and by the way, I also had DGN1000 and it is one cheap-quality router. I port forwarded and DMZ'd and still had issues with Uncharted 3 but not Uncharted 2.

It's not a necessity if it works in Uncharted 2 that it works in Uncharted 3. I had Call of Duty Black Ops work like a charm while I couldn't connect to MW3 using the same NETGEAR router. So...

Oh, and regarding the delayed invites, my friends once notified me that they got my invites alot later than they were sent, like 20 minutes. I was offline and he said he recieved my invites. So yes, happens alot to me.

I don't know about DGN1000 (I don't even know if you upgraded the firmware), but DGN2000 is an improved model and I can do things (like tweaking the SNR) that I couldn't do with any other router. The connection is rock solid and I rarely get disconnected.

I don't play COD, but I know that I played UC2 MP just fine. They have completely revamped the UC3 MP party system to support facebook (does COD support it?) and they also changed the invite system (no XMB messages), hence the new bugs. That's a fact, not my opinion.

Don't use DMZ, it's not good for the safety of your LAN. Either forward the required ports or use UPnP, as I do.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 20 of 47 (534 Views)
0 Likes