I Only Post Everything
1346 posts

Re: Unable to join party.

Jan 9, 2012

One soultion that normally always magically works for some strange reason is by going to Network Settings > Internet Connection test on your PS3. I try to join someone, it says unable to join, so i sign out, do the Internet connection test, sign back in and try again and TA DA, for some strange reason i'm now able to join that person.

Can someone please explain why this works? I'm not changing any of my settings, but yet i'm now able to connect to that person even though no settings have changed from before i did the test. Used it succesfully all through UC2 multiplayer, and still works like a charm on U3. May be a bit of a hassle, but it works.

!Bring back Steve Valentine for Harry Flynn!
Message 21 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4941 posts

Jan 9, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

It's not a router issue. I never had so many issues in UC2 MP party system.

I have Netgear DGN2000 & UPnP enabled and it works like a charm.

Btw, has anyone noticed that they receive invites with a significant delay (2-3 minutes later)? Yet another game bug.

The new forum sucks. -__-

Yes, sometimes I will start to receive invites long after the player has already joined our party....also, I will get like 5-10 of them in a row, even though they only sent 1. 

Uncharted 2: 135,000 kills
Uncharted 3: 110,000 kills
Uncharted 4: meh
Message 22 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16568 posts

Jan 9, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Btw, has anyone noticed that they receive invites with a significant delay (2-3 minutes later)? Yet another game bug.

Is it late, or is it that the person inviting you thinks you're in the Lobby, not finding game?

[ 39 ]
Message 23 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16568 posts

Jan 9, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

I have uPnP turned on already.

But yeah of course they'll need to do it too, but at least now I minimalise my issues with other players.

sig

If you have uPnP on, you should not forward any ports manually, unless, for some reason, the PS3 fails to open what is required.  Check your router's log to see what it's opening and closing.

[ 39 ]
Message 24 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 9, 2012

scootgar wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Is it late, or is it that the person inviting you thinks you're in the Lobby, not finding game?

It is usually 60-90 seconds late and I am already in a new match when I receive them, so the invite system is pretty much useless (for now). I don't know what they see in their screen.

Sometimes I receive a lot of duplicate invites like mbhitman said. The point is that we have to resort to sending plain XMB messages and then pray that we won't see the dreaded "Unable to join" message.

I can't blame anyone's router (unless they also had problems in UC2 MP), so yeah, we need a new patch to sort this mess out.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Jan 9, 2012

@ calcunnon,

I just want to play with you!

>=(

We waited for you Scootgar, then you did another Match!

This Bug is really effecting many friends.

Message 26 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jan 9, 2012

tapantaola wrote:

Don't use DMZ, it's not good for the safety of your LAN. Either forward the required ports or use UPnP, as I do.

Who said so?

I only DMZ my PS3's IP adress.. I don't think someone would be able to hack my PS3. The DMZ only affects my PS3 and not my whole connection.

Message 27 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jan 10, 2012

Shadow-Man_4 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Don't use DMZ, it's not good for the safety of your LAN. Either forward the required ports or use UPnP, as I do.

Who said so?

I only DMZ my PS3's IP adress.. I don't think someone would be able to hack my PS3. The DMZ only affects my PS3 and not my whole connection.

Common sense said so.

The PS3 firmware has been decrypted/hacked long time ago, which means that we don't know what kind of vulnerabilities they could find in the future. Better safe than sorry!

DMZ opens 2^16 (~65000) ports, while UPnP opens only a couple of ports...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 28 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5307 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I found that the solution to solving this problem is be following this guide.

The problem is that ever since opening all these ports and turning my PS3 into a DMZ server and so forth, I was getting laggier games. I thought I was just having a bad spell over a few days, but i did notice I died far too quickly and enemies took far too long to kill.

Since setting my router back to default settings, I'm straight back on form. I doubt it's a placebo effect - the difference is clear and noticeable.

So sorry to those whose parties I cannot join and those who cannot join me - but the game is unplayable for me when my router is so open.

Message 29 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4836 posts

Jan 15, 2012

calcunnon wrote:

I found that the solution to solving this problem is be following this guide.

The problem is that ever since opening all these ports and turning my PS3 into a DMZ server and so forth, I was getting laggier games. I thought I was just having a bad spell over a few days, but i did notice I died far too quickly and enemies took far too long to kill.

Since setting my router back to default settings, I'm straight back on form. I doubt it's a placebo effect - the difference is clear and noticeable.

So sorry to those whose parties I cannot join and those who cannot join me - but the game is unplayable for me when my router is so open.

sig

Wait, you mean you only reset your router back to factory settings without forwarding any port? Or you removed all ports forwarded and DMZ then forwarded the ports in the guide above?

Abit confused.

Message 30 of 47 (407 Views)
0 Likes