Mar 03 2013
By: duomas First Son 12 posts

Unbalanced teams, oh how I've missed you.

[ Edited ]
28 replies 574 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

Okay so here's a basic layout of my recent game lobby:

level 75 

level 75 (ME) 

level 75

level 75

level 75

level 75

level 2

level 1

level 1(splitscreen with the other level 1)

level 9

So we had 6 level 75(with varying levels of prestige, and only one team group of two) and 4 lower level players. You would think that would make it fairly simple to group up the players right? 3 level 75 players with 2 lower level players each right? NOPE! I forgot that multiplayer is a **bleep**.

level 75 (ME)

level 1

level 1

level 2

level 9 (who quit right before the game started)

VS.

level 75

level 75

level 75

level 75

level 75 

Why, ND!?!?? 

The worst part was, I quit twice and was placed RIGHT BACK IN THAT SAME GAME BOTH TIMES!! it came out to be 50-20 and I had 14 kills. Meaning in my absense, my team only got 6 kills the entire round!! I'm not mad about that, but it is very annoying since that still counts as 3 losses for me after only playing one game that I never was going to win in the first place due to the uneven team formations. I'm not really a stat-**bleep** or anything like that, but **bleep** that was just ridiculous. 

Please, ND, if you don't want to fix the lag or the blindfire, then please fix the lobby system. Set up a tier hierarchy or something With the influx of new players, this is only going to get worse. 

Message 1 of 29 (574 Views)
Lombax Warrior
202 posts

Re: Unbalanced teams, oh how I've missed you.

Mar 3, 2013

Sounds like the other level 75's were in a party. 

Message 2 of 29 (567 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Sounds like my other match today, except i was in the OP team.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 29 (555 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 3, 2013

nah, I believe only two were grouped up. Every other level 75(including me) was alone. If it was a group, I wouldn't be as annoyed. It was like the game went out of its way and deliberately set out to create a lopsided game.

Message 4 of 29 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I am pretty sure the worst part of ALL of that story is that YOU quit twice. I think it's karma, anyone who is quitting because they got teamed up with lower levels is pathetic. It's just a game. Who cares about a loss on your stats.

The day everybody stops caring about stats will be a good day.

However having said that, I understand your anger towards the fact unbalanced teaming still exists. It should have been fixed, well it never should have existed in the first place. Games are a lot more enjoyable if the challenge is equal, but if they're not, it'll be over quick and you will get more XP and respect from other players if you don't quit like a child.

Message 5 of 29 (525 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Yeah, I get that. I'm not really much of a stat*** or anything and I don't care if I lose a game. I eventually did end up playing the match. But playing a game with horrible teammates is not a game, it's a massacre. In those types of matches, it's just you running around alone trying to kill people. WHat happpens is that even if you manage to kill a player, another will still be alive to finish you off. Or if you can't there will be roving packs double teaming you. In other words, there's no respawn gap. One team will have three or so players on the map, wherease the other team will be stuck in a respawn-die-respawn cycle as there's only one or two players on the map at a time. 

That's not a game for me. There's a huge difference between playing a game and losing, and simply running around waiting to get killed AND STILL LOSING. I'm gonna lose anyway, so why waste the time when I could try to get  set up with another team. 

Again, this isn't about the stats. I'm a fairly good player and I don't care about getting 3 losses for the same game. I care that the teams start off unbalanced without giving the other side a fighting chance, leaving no choice but to quit in the game since you can't exit from the lobby. And then the frustration of being thrown into that same battle twice. 

Edit: casual hate speech removed

Message 6 of 29 (520 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Mar 3, 2013

Understandable, but you have to admit, it's fun when the other team get cocky then you "fire in the hole" their **bleep**' and taunt over their bodies. That one moment or similar moment in a match makes it worth the loss for me.

I guess for me any match I join could go either way, I seem to get a LOT of lag, don't know if its my crap internet or the other persons but I seem to get all the teleporting M9 shotgunners. So I kind of just have to make the most of every match. Can go either way regardless of stats/levels.

Message 7 of 29 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 3, 2013

KiwiKidd87 wrote:

I am pretty sure the worst part of ALL of that story is that YOU quit twice. I think it's karma, anyone who is quitting because they got teamed up with lower levels is pathetic. It's just a game. Who cares about a loss on your stats.

However having said that, I understand your anger towards the fact unbalanced teaming still exists. It should have been fixed, well it never should have existed in the first place. Games are a lot more enjoyable if the challenge is equal, but if they're not, it'll be over quick and you will get more XP and respect from other players if you don't quit like a child.

Do you realise that if you get put on a brain dead team of noobs you'll keep dying and go negetive despite your best efforts to do well? Hell even if you powerwhore you just MIGHT make positive by ONLY ONE POINT.

THAT **bleep** ISN'T FUN!

Message 8 of 29 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Mar 3, 2013

KiwiKidd87 wrote:

It's not about caring about your stats. I don't really care about my stats (I wish they was better though). Then if I get put on a bad team like that I'll usally quit out.

But you might have fun playing this game and dieing around every corner because 5 people are running together so you can't just find 1 person because your teams not killing anybody.

I enjoy a fair and equal game just like the next person. But if I only get 10-15 seconds of life time then 7 seconds of respawn time because my team can't kill anybody. That is not fun to me, which I assume it's not fun to the OP either so he quits out.

My youtube channel ->

Now with Max Payne 3. Check it out.

Now on xbox live playing gears 3. GT Thumb Tac Zack. Hit me up.
Message 9 of 29 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

agreed. you can be an amazing player, but that can only g...

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

agreed. you can be an amazing player, but that can only get you so far if you have the other three or four weighing you down. And once they get your team on one of those respawn-die-respawn cycles, you're done.  Worst is when one of your cocky opponents starts taunting over every body. It's like, you didn't earn that taunt.

Message 10 of 29 (419 Views)
0 Likes