Fender Bender
3802 posts

Re: Uncarted 3 Multiplayer is Old school.

[ Edited ]
Feb 10, 2014

Well.. Good!

Smiley Very Happy

canadian94eh wrote:

if there was a game out there that i did want to play but i knew that the drive for the platinum would be impossible or too much for me or too risky than i would just play it on another account just to beat it (that's kind of a plus for trophy hunters though, they will experience everything in the game for that platinum trophy, where as people who don't, play the game once and they're done with it...)

I guess this also depends on the game. Like, I'd say  that I've experienced everything in Dark Souls, even though I don't have the platinum for it.

Even though I'm not a trophy hunter (I barely even look at the trophy list for my games), most of the trophies that are about collectibles, doing all the missions/quests are pretty much automatic for me, because even if there was no trophies for them, I'd still do them all. Because, well, it's probably fun!

Also, if you don't want to earn trophies to a game you know that you can't get the platinum why not just delete the trophies after you've finished the game? Doesn't the PS3 allow that, or do I remember wrong? That way you don't have to play it on a different account (Which is kinda silly btw). Smiley Tongue

Message 21 of 31 (431 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Feb 10, 2014

Alluboy_ wrote:

Well.. Good!

Smiley Very Happy

canadian94eh wrote:

if there was a game out there that i did want to play but i knew that the drive for the platinum would be impossible or too much for me or too risky than i would just play it on another account just to beat it (that's kind of a plus for trophy hunters though, they will experience everything in the game for that platinum trophy, where as people who don't, play the game once and they're done with it...)

I guess this also depends on the game. Like, I'd say  that I've experienced everything in Dark Souls, even though I don't have the platinum for it.

A) Even though I'm not a trophy hunter (I barely even look at the trophy list for my games), most of the trophies that are about collectibles, doing all the missions/quests are pretty much automatic for me, because even if there was no trophies for them, I'd still do them all. Because, well, it's probably fun!

B) Also, if you don't want to earn trophies to a game you know that you can't get the platinum why not just delete the trophies after you've finished the game? Doesn't the PS3 allow that, or do I remember wrong? That way you don't have to play it on a different account (Which is kinda silly btw). Smiley Tongue

A) ya i agree, completing all the available missions / quests and collecting all the collectibles, etc... is second nature to me when i really enjoy a game, and just want more of it ... the problem with some games though are the miscellaneous trophies where you have to do something a certain way or do something that you would otherwise not want to (which is why you might not get platinum after 100% completion of a game), like kill enemy x with only melee attacks or die by the weakest enemies or something stupid. i like when the trophies are open and not resticted like completion trophies where you can tackle them at your own will / choose how to complete the missions (open world; choice between stealth, or kamikaze aproach .... so time based trophies or objectives i dispise obviously) ... 

B) no you can't delete trophies from your list, but i would love it if you could, which is why some gamers hate when there's a 0% or 1% game on their list, because the game was loaded up to to play with some friends ... recently they added a feature to "hide" certain games from your trophy list, but it's really not the same since you can still see them there even though other players can't (trophy sites can see that you are hidding trophies too if that bothers anyone (not me; i'd rather challenge myself than compete with others)) ... 

Message 22 of 31 (417 Views)
Fender Bender
3802 posts

Feb 10, 2014

canadian94eh wrote:

Alluboy_ wrote:

Well.. Good!

Smiley Very Happy

canadian94eh wrote:

B) Also, if you don't want to earn trophies to a game you know that you can't get the platinum why not just delete the trophies after you've finished the game? Doesn't the PS3 allow that, or do I remember wrong? That way you don't have to play it on a different account (Which is kinda silly btw). Smiley Tongue

B) no you can't delete trophies from your list, but i would love it if you could, which is why some gamers hate when there's a 0% or 1% game on their list, because the game was loaded up to to play with some friends ... recently they added a feature to "hide" certain games from your trophy list, but it's really not the same since you can still see them there even though other players can't (trophy sites can see that you are hidding trophies too if that bothers anyone (not me; i'd rather challenge myself than compete with others)) ... 

Ah, so that's what it was. Deleting trophies would have made more sense.

Message 23 of 31 (413 Views)
Welcoming Committee
14231 posts

Feb 14, 2014

The problem is. Nothing better has come out. Theres a lack of quality games.

The only one to come close was another ND product. The Last of Us, not quite there though.

Tomb Raider had all the tools to be the one that took people away but they messed it up with awful netcode and really bad jumping mechanics for online play. Most importantly is awful netcode though, I don't know HOW it can be that bad. but it seems to be a triend with SquareEnix published games. Kane and Lynch also published by them lags EXACTLY the same as that.

Square are either doing the netcode or providing an awful atrocious server for the games. Either way they need to sort themselves out.

ND are doing a solid job but could be better. Uncharted still wins by a mile on quality with only TLOU sitting just behind it in quality terms. If only that game had more to do.... Now that's something to get tired of, 3 game modes forever.

Message 24 of 31 (366 Views)
Sackboy
347 posts

Feb 14, 2014
It's still my go to MP game. It's just a blast to play and no other MP game offers me this type of fast paced gameplay with characters that gasp: have some personality. I love all the different ways you can get the jump on someone and the different ways you can generally tackle things. It's fun to me.

Also, I lone wolf TDM all the time. It's more of a challenge for me than to party up with 4 other people. I don't have fun when I'm in a party of 5. It bores me to be honest and the amount of prelobby quits from other parties annoys me to no end.
Message 25 of 31 (353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Feb 15, 2014

because its an addictive game i mean as much as it lags i always find myself coming back and ive only had UC3 for half a year i got sick of it took a break for a month and now im back at it again.not to mention it hasnt been out 4 years....

Message 26 of 31 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Multilayer is Old school.

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

It's a great game, simple. It's a lot different than nearly every other online game. My personal favorites from the previous gen that I keep coming back to are...

Uncharted 2 and 3: There's nothing out there that plays like these games do and that really makes them stand out above so many other mediocre same old online games. It's just flat out fun. 

Assassin's Creed - All of them : Another great example of there being nothing else out there like it. Wolfpack made it even better. 

MGO: My personal favorite and I still curse Kojima for taking the servers down and adding trophy support in exchange. 

BFBC2: Without question the last great battlefield game and my favorite military shooter. 

Mass Effect 3: Completely unexpected, loads of fun. I also loved how unlocking characters and weapons was random, that's something I love about Uncharted, the random treasure drops etc. It really makes you want to keep playing. This game to me is Arena with powers, abilities, aliens and a future setting. 

Message 27 of 31 (316 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Feb 16, 2014

Jarek23 wrote:

Assassin's Creed - All of them : Another great example of there being nothing else out there like it. Wolfpack made it even better. 

really? i've played all of them and i wouldn't really classify "nothing else out there like it" to be enjoyable in their case(s), but i guess that's just my opinion

and anyways how did you become a PS MVP if you only have 27 posts? i'm just curious, isn't there some type of minimum criteria you have to meet or something?

Message 28 of 31 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

There's absolutely no games that play like AC games which makes them better than the average cod clone, which to me makes them refreshing. But even regardless of that, they are in my opinion at least, great games. 

MVP - No Idea to be honest, I got an email a while back saying I was an MVP and I pretty much just ignored it and completely forgot about it until I came on the ND forums to ask a question a few weeks ago and noticed I had the MVP emblem. 

I almost never post on playstations official forums, but often on Gamespot, PS3T and Neogaf which I have my trophy card linked to...Not sure if that has anything to do with it? I've played a lot of games this gen, over 60 plats so I'm special? I really don't know, sorry...Probably undeserving of the title though. 

Message 29 of 31 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7531 posts

Feb 16, 2014
^ never say such a thing if you were admitted into the program you must be of some worth Smiley Happy
Sleep Matt signature
Message 30 of 31 (298 Views)
0 Likes