Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 5th Legacy

Dec 1, 2013
I only leave matches if I get lag so bad I won't be a helpful asset to the team or lag so hard the game kicked me straight out.

Otherwise I'll stick through it. If a level 3 in GTA player stuck around my co-op mission that was may above his place, I can do the same.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 31 of 43 (350 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 1, 2013

In coop arena, I want completions (any difficulty)....it's the stat I care about.  I'm already max legacy/rank and I have more cash than I can spend so when I play with randoms, they're welcome to the majority of the kills just as long as I don't have to revive them every 30 seconds.  I won't get started on all my pet peeves about randoms except to say...it's cooperative arena.

Message 32 of 43 (341 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Dec 1, 2013
See, I still just feel that you need friends. I don't play by myself. At all. Especially not co-op. There's nothing fun about playing with randoms in co-op.

Plus, I can complete a game of arena crushing by myself. My friend and I tested this with each other. So I don't want to throw the game away by dying as I revive my teammates.

I've gone from being miserable at comp to rarely finding a real challenge. Bc of friends. Even last night, I played Monastery on crushing with a couple friends. We hadn't played this map together before and had no strategy. Still we beat it, with just such ease too. Took us about 15 minutes too. Soon you'll find that you can't even find a challenge in co-op anymore and you will probably stop playing it. Only people that keep playing co-op forever are the ones who never get good at comp. Or think that co-op stats matter lol.
Message 33 of 43 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 1, 2013

I didn't say that coop stats are the only ones that matter but completions are the only coop stat I care about.  Also, I rarely game with randoms it's just the when I do, all the annoying  and inconsiderate things they do remind me how much I value my friends and gaming with them.  Having said that, I meet plenty of good, team-oriented players at random in coop as well.

I get much more satisfaction out of beating the AI than stomping someone in a competitive match.  For a challenge, my friends and I try different things in coop like trying to complete a match without losing any lives, in the fastest time or using only a certain weapon for the whole match.

What you say about coop players may be true....a good coop player may not be a good comp player but I find that while a good comp player may have the potential to be a good coop player, often they're not (at least in my book) because they don't play cooperatively.  I'd much rather play coop with a cooperative, team-oriented player than a highly skilled one that thinks the person with the most kills in the shortest time is the best player.

Message 34 of 43 (323 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Dec 1, 2013
Yeah I agree. You need to know how to play either mode. But for me, co-op is about figuring out how to do it. Once u do, it's kinda cake after. I could rack up 1,000 more crushing completions in a month if I really wanted. I agree about finding more challenge in the game tho. My friend and I attempted to beat the time record for LU crushing. We ended up beating the record. And that was fun. But in general it's just kinda repetitive.

While in comp, I don't always know what to expect. But I remember there being a time I hated comp for that reason. So my main point is to assure the OP that it can become fun for them as well.
Message 35 of 43 (320 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Dec 1, 2013
Btw, my post wasn't @ you, captain. I should have clarified that lol.
Message 36 of 43 (319 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Dec 2, 2013

Fair enough.  I guess I'm developing forum paranoia. Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 43 (296 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1154 posts

Dec 8, 2013

now im level 51 (5th Legacy) 

Message 38 of 43 (262 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
907 posts

Dec 8, 2013
Well done johnnyjh Smiley Happy
Message 39 of 43 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2348 posts

Dec 9, 2013

johnnyjh wrote:

now im level 51 (5th Legacy) 

congrats you're getting there Smiley Wink .... but, no offence you aren't really leveling up that fast since you started this thread 4 weeks ago and you've only progressed about 30 ranks ... i think you have said somewhere in this thread that you play co-op, maybe try playing competitive and use some negative boosters (multiplies your XP for the match)? ... no worries if you're trying to enjoy or savour your leveling up experience, i'm just offering some advise if you ever want some fast xp Smiley Tongue

Message 40 of 43 (234 Views)
0 Likes