May 27 2011
By: fadi002 Treasure Hunter 7102 posts

Uncharted 3 Beta for everybody????

24 replies 115 views Edited May 27, 2011

So, the PS Store is coming back on May 31st, and everyone will be getting a month of PlayStation Plus. By the end of that month, the Uncharted 3 beta comes out. So if everyone has PS+, does it mean everyone is getting the Beta early?

I've heard that you'll have to "buy" the PS+ trial from the PS Store, and it will remain for 30 days after may 31st. That means if you want to get the UC3 beta for the whole first week it comes out, you just have to wait a week after the PS Store comes back, then get the PS+ trial. You will get the Beta early, for free!

Is Naughty Dog/Sony going to do anything about it? Will the inFamous 2 codes be useless???

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4797 posts

I pre-ordered Infamous 2 anyway. If the store does come b...

May 27, 2011

I pre-ordered Infamous 2 anyway. If the store does come back up on the 31st, people would only have about a couple of days of play before PS+ expires, I'm going to use the infamous 2 code so it does not expire but I'm going to play through Infamous 2 just so that I did not waste my money.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
652 posts

FAAAAADDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I MISSED YOOOOOOOO...

May 27, 2011

FAAAAADDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I MISSED YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!

On-topic: Unfortunately not every body will get access to the early beta.. Because if your read through the welcome back program thoroughly.. You'd notice that they said you will get 30 days of free access to the PS+ content planned for "May".. so no matter "when" you actually start the plus.. you will get 30 days of access for the content planned for May..

read "3" at the end of the paragraph here.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

You do know that May is almost over, right? So, I think e...

May 27, 2011

MysteriesLord-77 wrote:

On-topic: Unfortunately not every body will get access to the early beta.. Because if your read through the welcome back program thoroughly.. You'd notice that they said you will get 30 days of free access to the PS+ content planned for "May".. so no matter "when" you actually start the plus.. you will get 30 days of access for the content planned for May..

You do know that May is almost over, right? So, I think everybody will have PS+ 30 days after the PS Store comes back. If they let you choose when you get it, then you can wait a bit and have the beta without it expiring (because if you get the PS+ on may 31st, it will expire on June 31st, and the beta is coming out on June 28th, with the free one coming out on july 5th, so you only get a few days to play it early).

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1300 posts

True, although I heard that the EU PS+ is different.  App...

May 27, 2011

MysteriesLord-77 wrote:

True, although I heard that the EU PS+ is different.  Apparently Europe only updates their store once a month, whereas US updates every 2 weeks.  The US PS+ store also has much more discounts and free games throughout the month.

It's very likely that your link applies to the US too, but we won't be 100% certain until the US blog specifically states it.  The PS+ branch in EU and US are surprisingly not as unified with their paid content as one would think.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4628 posts

I hope so! But I don't think that's what's going to happe...

May 27, 2011

I hope so!

But I don't think that's what's going to happen. Sony always has some plans. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Yeah I believe everyone will get it but I also believe ev...

May 27, 2011

Yeah I believe everyone will get it but I also believe everything goes bye bye at the end of the free PS plus. 

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7102 posts

What they can do is make the first week only for people w...

May 27, 2011
What they can do is make the first week only for people with inFamous 2, the next week for PS+ subscribers, then the week after will be for everyone. That means the one for everybody is on july 12th.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
730 posts

I doubt it the infamous 2 beta voucher would be useless b...

May 27, 2011
I doubt it the infamous 2 beta voucher would be useless besides before the outage everone was scheduled to get the beta a week after
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7366 posts

I got PS+ back in December so I would be ready for the U3...

May 27, 2011

I got PS+ back in December so I would be ready for the U3 beta.

Looks like I could of just waited until now and saved my money. 

I mean, hey, nothing I've got off PS+ so far has been worth the £40.00

Perhaps ND will make sure that people with the free ps+ can't download it?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (115 Views)
0 Likes