Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

Europe's Ps+ is pretty terrible compared to US. We don't...

May 27, 2011

NOx_Covenant wrote:

MysteriesLord-77 wrote:

FAAAAADDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII I MISSED YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!

On-topic: Unfortunately not every body will get access to the early beta.. Because if your read through the welcome back program thoroughly.. You'd notice that they said you will get 30 days of free access to the PS+ content planned for "May".. so no matter "when" you actually start the plus.. you will get 30 days of access for the content planned for May..

read "3" at the end of the paragraph here.

True, although I heard that the EU PS+ is different.  Apparently Europe only updates their store once a month, whereas US updates every 2 weeks.  The US PS+ store also has much more discounts and free games throughout the month.

It's very likely that your link applies to the US too, but we won't be 100% certain until the US blog specifically states it.  The PS+ branch in EU and US are surprisingly not as unified with their paid content as one would think.

Europe's Ps+ is pretty terrible compared to US.

We don't get nearly enough as US get, yet it is the same price.

Not to mention, as you say, ours only updates once a month.

Message 11 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5270 posts

Actually I wonder if the Infamous 2 code will be more use...

May 28, 2011
Actually I wonder if the Infamous 2 code will be more useful than getting it on PS+?
When I got the Uncharted 2 beta from the first Infamous I got given the beta twice at different intervals of the year. I wonder if that applies with the infamous 2 code as well if ND decides to do two betas.
Message 12 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

I was wondering about this as well.  I plan on getting in...

May 28, 2011

I was wondering about this as well.  I plan on getting inFamous 2 at some point (not sure if I want to pre-order it or wait for a price drop within the first few weeks like Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat did).  But if PS+ is going to let everyone play the beta initially anyways, might as well wait for a good price drop... I dunno yet.  Still deciding.

If possible, could a ND mod/dev post saying one way or another?  thanks. :smileyhappy:

----------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7372 posts

I don't even think the mods have posted yet. Has someone...

May 28, 2011

naaros wrote:

I was wondering about this as well.  I plan on getting inFamous 2 at some point (not sure if I want to pre-order it or wait for a price drop within the first few weeks like Portal 2 and Mortal Kombat did).  But if PS+ is going to let everyone play the beta initially anyways, might as well wait for a good price drop... I dunno yet.  Still deciding.

If possible, could a ND mod/dev post saying one way or another?  thanks. :smileyhappy:

I don't even think the mods have posted yet.

Has someone let Zod know vacations over? :smileyvery-happy:

Message 14 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Will the 30 day free PS+ from the "Welcome Back&quot...

May 28, 2011

Will the 30 day free PS+ from the "Welcome Back" Package be set for everyone on a certain date, or will you be able to get the month free on a later date?

For example, will I be able to receive the 30 day free PS+ on __________ (input date here, preferably after May 31st) by accepting the offer on that date?

Message 15 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

I've read somewhere (I think on PS blogs) that you'll hav...

May 28, 2011

BearInBlue wrote:

Will the 30 day free PS+ from the "Welcome Back" Package be set for everyone on a certain date, or will you be able to get the month free on a later date?

For example, will I be able to receive the 30 day free PS+ on __________ (input date here, preferably after May 31st) by accepting the offer on that date?

I've read somewhere (I think on PS blogs) that you'll have 30 days to redeem your welcome back package (including 1 month free PS+ and the 2 free games).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 16 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2399 posts

Hrm, I thought I saw a few mod/dev posts since the forums...

May 28, 2011

samuelcd1997 wrote:

naaros wrote:

I don't even think the mods have posted yet.

Has someone let Zod know vacations over? :smileyvery-happy:

Hrm, I thought I saw a few mod/dev posts since the forums let everyone log in again.  I could be wrong though.  I'd even be somewhat content with a reply like "We're looking into it and will let you know soon."  I can't see them letting everyone play the beta within the first week as that might not be fair to those who bought inFamous 2 and have PSN+ regularly, but I dunno?

----------------------------------------------------

Message 17 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Sweet, thank you.    So this means if people redeem the p...

May 28, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

BearInBlue wrote:

I've read somewhere (I think on PS blogs) that you'll have 30 days to redeem your welcome back package (including 1 month free PS+ and the 2 free games).

Sweet, thank you. 

So this means if people redeem the package after the 4th of next month they won't miss a day of Uncharted 3's beta, before it is released to all of the public on the 5th?

Message 18 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7103 posts

I'm gonna repeat this and hope it gets answered...

Jun 5, 2011

fadi002 wrote:

Is Naughty Dog/Sony going to do anything about it? Will the inFamous 2 codes be useless???

I'm gonna repeat this and hope it gets answered...

fadi002's Signature - The Last Of Us

Message 19 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1464 posts

YEs they will be useless. Sucker Punch got screwed over i...

Jun 5, 2011
YEs they will be useless. Sucker Punch got screwed over in this PS+ deal with a loss of potential sales just for the beta.

GODDAMN BRONIES!

Message 20 of 25 (161 Views)
0 Likes