Apr 25 2012
By: sQuiiDx Naughty Paw 2019 posts

Uncharted 3 European Live (LAN) Event Interest

45 replies 476 views Edited Apr 25, 2012

Heads up.

Been speaking with Goodgoa and a few friends I have in the European esports scene about getting this together. There are some live events coming to the UK, Spain and Germany this year, with the goal being obvious. I want to gauge interest on how many people are *willing* and *able* to do this. When I say this, I mean travel as a team to whatever location to represent our game and the Euro community. We need a MINIMUM of 8 teams. We have far more than 8 European Teams/Clans on this game. I've started to speak with Dadypain about getting some support from his end and people he knows. The Euro community is huge for our game and I think we should do what we can to get them a live event, get it streamed and get viewer-ship for our franchise. This is an idea/conversation thread. I'm going to keep working with the mentioned individuals to get this done. It's the biggest goal I have for the year, obtaining live event status for both the European market and the North American (South also) market. It will take a lot to obtain it but we can make it happen, I'm for sure. For now, lets discuss the the possibilities and get facts ironed out.

Jump on it people.

(p.s. - it would be smart for some players from the same area to team up. We have some mixed teams but it would be cool to represent your country is possible....think about it)

Twitter: @TryceUp

USN 04-08
Message 1 of 46 (476 Views)
Fender Bender
4237 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 European Live (LAN) Event Interest

Apr 25, 2012

Pretty good idea and if it was live-streamed (in English or at least English subtitles) I'd defiantly watch.

UMG Support Supervisor/Uncharted 4 Head Admin.
Message 2 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
373 posts

Apr 25, 2012

Yep as Squid said this is basically the next step for the competitive community and if this was to happen, it can only get bigger. What is important in this is the interest shown from any EU team that would be able to attend these type of events. And if there is enough interest, I will try to use my contacts to make this a reality.

There is a big cost involved for the host of these events so they aren't going to suddenly pick up this game if there is only a few teams interested. So the more people interested, the more likely they will want to help our community grow & in return be able to host these events. The more teams that would go, depending on whether they can hold it, the bigger prize pot also. And having been to LAN myself albeit from a spectating point of view, it is a great experience to meet fellow gamers & see how you play with issues of connection/lag not around.

Message 3 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
577 posts

Apr 25, 2012

It would be huge for the game if this were to actually happen. I would definately watch if it happens, and maybe even participate in an NA LAN if possible.

Message 4 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Apr 25, 2012

goodgoa wrote:

Yep as Squid said this is basically the next step for the competitive community and if this was to happen, it can only get bigger. What is important in this is the interest shown from any EU team that would be able to attend these type of events. And if there is enough interest, I will try to use my contacts to make this a reality.

There is a big cost involved for the host of these events so they aren't going to suddenly pick up this game if there is only a few teams interested. So the more people interested, the more likely they will want to help our community grow & in return be able to host these events. The more teams that would go, depending on whether they can hold it, the bigger prize pot also. And having been to LAN myself albeit from a spectating point of view, it is a great experience to meet fellow gamers & see how you play with issues of connection/lag not around.

The biggest things here are:

1. massive coverage for our franchise

2. more people jumping on our bandwagon

3. you don't have to be the best but showing up is one hell of an opportunity. As a veteran in the live event realm, there is nothing else like it. Playing against "tangible" opponents with faces, no lag and just the experience you gain from it. Man...I miss LANs lol.

USN 04-08
Message 5 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

Apr 25, 2012

If something like this would happen in Germany, count me (and most likely my team as well) in. Not sure about the "whatever location" though, that would depend on my university schedule.

Message 6 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Apr 25, 2012

I would if I had a team .

Message 7 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Apr 25, 2012

FromTheDutch wrote:

I would if I had a team .

Find a team. Make a team with local friends. This is how these kinds of things start. Friends playing friends.

USN 04-08
Message 8 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Apr 25, 2012

There should be some more information released about the next event in the next few days (it may even possibly be later tonight).

Please bear in mind that at the minute nothing has been confirmed and that if there is enough interest then the event organisers will discuss whether or not UC3 will feature at any of the LAN events this year. There are a lot of factors to consider and its not just a case of if 8 teams show an interest the game will feature at an event.

Message 9 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
2019 posts

Apr 25, 2012

NiCkMiTcHeLl wrote:

There should be some more information released about the next event in the next few days (it may even possibly be later tonight).

Please bear in mind that at the minute nothing has been confirmed and that if there is enough interest then the event organisers will discuss whether or not UC3 will feature at any of the LAN events this year. There are a lot of factors to consider and its not just a case of if 8 teams show an interest the game will feature at an event.

A start is a start. Gotta begin somewhere.

USN 04-08
Message 10 of 46 (476 Views)
0 Likes