Survivor
2776 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 F2P Noob here

Mar 4, 2013
Are they 2 seperate playlists or do the dlc and regular maps mix?
Photobucket

http://www.youtube.com/user/THE73est
Message 11 of 29 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1747 posts

Mar 4, 2013

THE-73est wrote:
Are they 2 seperate playlists or do the dlc and regular maps mix?

When you put the toggle on you get both DLC maps and non-DLC maps in matchmaking.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Message 12 of 29 (489 Views)
Survivor
2776 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Beutiful. That was a pet peeve of mine in U2, and SOCOM Confrontation.
Photobucket

Message 13 of 29 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6820 posts

Mar 4, 2013

The DLC is worth it. You'll find them now and then even when you aren't searching for DLC, it greatly increases the amount of matches you can stand playing in a row, and when you eventually start partying up for custom games you don't want to be that one guy who doesn't have DLC and restricts the map options to regular only Smiley Wink

Also it's worth noting that if you care about trophies, having all the map packs gives you access to all the additional trophies as well.

Message 14 of 29 (484 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Yay! Glad to see some F2P players are staying and enjoying the game Smiley Happy 

PhotobucketLab member #008, Tiki.
Message 15 of 29 (471 Views)
Survivor
2776 posts

Mar 4, 2013
When did the F2P Thing start. I just randomly saw a video in my sub box about it from Playstation. For whatever reason it was really hard to find the download on the store.

What about CO-OP. In uncharted 2 I had a lot of problems matchmaking a coop game, does that happen in U3. Is it harder or easier to find a coop game versus a competitive, and by how much.
Photobucket

Message 16 of 29 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6820 posts

Mar 4, 2013

THE-73est wrote:
When did the F2P Thing start. I just randomly saw a video in my sub box about it from Playstation. For whatever reason it was really hard to find the download on the store.

What about CO-OP. In uncharted 2 I had a lot of problems matchmaking a coop game, does that happen in U3. Is it harder or easier to find a coop game versus a competitive, and by how much.

The F2P thing started less than a week ago (Tuesday) and it was probably hard to find because the new store is atrocious.

Co-op matchmaking is faster than in U2 but the cost is that Siege and Survival are now fused into Arena which is a mixed objective co-op. Adventure isn't too hard to find people for either. The other two modes though are Hunter and Shade mode, which you will probably have a hard time finding matches for. Hunter is a half finished co-op mode that ND admitted wasn't complete and that they can't fix but decided to release it rather than scrap it, and althoug being a cool mix of co-op and competetive it can get extremely one sided and frustrating, and people mostly use it to get co-op treasures. Shade mode is like Arena except the enemies are Djinn which pretty much amounts to fighting not as many enemies which are bullet sponges, and more often than not you'll get angry by how you keep getting assists worth $25 while someone else keeps getting the couple hundred dollar kills even after you've been shooting at that enemy for a minute, so in essence it's not very popular and matchmaking for it is a bit hard, but you're not really missing out.

Message 17 of 29 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Mar 4, 2013
Welcome to Uncharted 3 and the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Forums Smiley Happy

I'm glad that you like the game Smiley Very Happy

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 18 of 29 (428 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 4, 2013

THE-73est wrote:

Quick question? Is it worth getting the GOTY edition for the DLC? Cause I got the GOTY edition of Uncharted 2 and could not find a single DLC room. 

I would say it's worth it. I really love the DLC.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 19 of 29 (423 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Mar 4, 2013

THE-73est wrote:

I'm really liking the game, will probably buy it. Although the melee is SOO annoying. Anyways I thought I would share this video from my first day of playing.

Glad you're enjoying the game! That was a nice kill, I dropped a sub Smiley Wink

Also if you're looking for UC3 buddies feel free to add me, I have all DLC.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... Smiley Sad
Message 20 of 29 (387 Views)
0 Likes