Jul 24 2013
By: johnnyjh I Only Post Everything 1156 posts

Uncharted 3 Freezing after neearly 2 years since i purchased game

3 replies 456 views Edited Jul 24, 2013

I've owned this game since launch played it for 300 hours plusm Platinum trophy but lately the game is tempermental i either get repeated menu music glitch, or the music stops playing , i also get the spinning ring of death . Just now it froze connecting to multiplayer. When i was on the multiplayer it froze loading a custom game . do i have to buy a new disc nearly 2 years later , and just last night the game was working perfectly . it has no scratches., smudges or anything of the sort so what should i do?

Message 1 of 4 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Freezing after neearly 2 years since i purchased game

Jul 25, 2013

Me too!! I have to keep reinstalling everything which takes forever! I always get the spinning ring, and sometimes multiplayer games don't load. It is extremely dissapointing considering it's basicly the only game I play anymore....

photo jordansig2_zps3e78193b.jpg
Message 2 of 4 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I went through this when my Blu Ray drive started to go out.   Game freezing at random load screens (including the original boot screen, infinite ring), maps not loading and then eventually level badges on players not even loading properly.   Now my Bluray drive is completely dead, loads nothing at all for anything.  No games or movies.  I can still watch regular DVDs but BDs freeze at random intervals.

are you playing on a slim model PS3?   I've read online that my experience was pretty typical...that the Bluray drives used for the slim PS3s are complete poop.  I guess it falls under, "you get what you pay for".   I paid $600 for my launch 60gb PS3 + $80 for a 250gb HDD upgrade.   The fan on that system sounds like a jet plane taking off but other than that it still functions perfectly.   I moved that system to my bedroom and bought a $300 slim model for my den like 3 years ago and the bluray drive is already completely dead.  

I don't know if this helps any, just throwing it out there incase it does.  My personal recommendation is to pay the $12 for the complete MP on sale right now.  This way you don't need to worry if it's your game disc or your drive......'cause the game's on your HDD and uses neither. 

Message 3 of 4 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
317 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I've had the problem too and deleting the DLC/Game Data fixes everything. I recently redownloaded it again and so far no problems...yet. It gets annoying having to do this though. I suffered enough with Uncharted 2 and although I haven't suffered as much in Uncharted 3, it still is a pain in the **bleep**. 

PS3 120GB Slim model. 

Message 4 of 4 (376 Views)
0 Likes