Sep 27 2013
By: Pallidros First Son 3 posts

Uncharted 3 Game of the Year Code Not Working

22 replies 1409 views Edited Sep 27, 2013

I purchased my Game of the Year Edition Brand new.  I entered the code and it told me that I may have entered it incorrectly or it is no longer valid.  I don't understand why it would be invalid.  I've entered it and check multiple times for any errors.

It seems like others have gotten a similar error message as well.  Is there a resolution out there that can get this to work?

Message 1 of 23 (1,409 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2156 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 Game of the Year Code Not Working

Sep 27, 2013
There's no way you'll be able to use it if it is no longer valid. Someone may have guessed that code and used it (Or a store employee used it). Complain to the store you bought it from, also try contacting the PS Store (You'll probably have to provide a copy of the receipt)

If all luck fails, I may still be able to help. Are you in EU/AUS/NZ?
Pepsi
Message 2 of 23 (1,400 Views)
Wastelander
677 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Do you mean the Network Pass?

All the AddOns are in the Disc, so you can atleast play LAN-Party (in the mode you can also Splitscreen and play against a friend) and Cooperative Splitscreen. With DLC!

"You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 3 of 23 (1,397 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Pallidros wrote:

I purchased my Game of the Year Edition Brand new.  I entered the code and it told me that I may have entered it incorrectly or it is no longer valid.  I don't understand why it would be invalid.  I've entered it and check multiple times for any errors.

It seems like others have gotten a similar error message as well.  Is there a resolution out there that can get this to work?

I am from Europe and I have a spare code, someone else asked for it earlier, and I send it to him, but he never opened the message, he probably left the forums, if you are from Europe you can have it, because else it won't work...

I don't know if mine is expired though, I bhought a new PS3 in March this year, and the GOTY edition from Uncharted 3 came with it, but I already have Uncharted 3, so I have 2 codes :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 23 (1,393 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 27, 2013
Is this your first time ever playing UC3 or trying to register an online pass for this game?
Message 5 of 23 (1,376 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Hey All,

This is my first purchase, first time buying it.  I'm in the US.

I don't think I can go back to the store, because I purchased this back in April.  I should have opened it and at least tried it when I purchased it.  I figured I'd wait to finish Final Fantasy XIII and RE 5 first before starting a new game.  I figured the codes would still work even after the fact.  Both my Batman GOTY codes and my Uncharted 2 GOTY had no issues.  Just annoying and feels robbed that the code I got doesn't work.

I'll try to contact the PS Store Support for that, maybe they can do something for me.

Message 6 of 23 (1,362 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 27, 2013
A lot of people had this issue with the GOTY version of the game. I believe it has something to do with the game being from a different region than the one you're in (one other than US). If this is problem, there is a solution. I forget exactly what it is. It has something to do with making another account on your PS3 in the same region the code is from and installing it from that account. You can probably find more info in these threads by searching.
Message 7 of 23 (1,353 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10157 posts

Sep 27, 2013

Pallidros wrote:

Make a new PS account with the same region as your disc. DLC is region-locked, and passes are DLC.

Guys. He said brand new. What the hell, guessed the code?

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 8 of 23 (1,336 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 28, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Pallidros wrote:

Make a new PS account with the same region as your disc. DLC is region-locked, and passes are DLC.

Guys. He said brand new. What the hell, guessed the code?

if I'm not mistaken he also said that he bhought it back in april, I don't know after how many months these codes expire, but that could have happened I'm afraid...

anyway, sorry I can't help, I'm from the US, my code will not work with your disc :smileysad:

Message 9 of 23 (1,320 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Mar 10, 2014
This happened to me too with Uncharted 3 and GOW Ascension online passes, I talked to ND and Sony but I never got help. Matthijs_17 can I have your code if you still have it? I'm from Europe, thanks.
Message 10 of 23 (973 Views)
0 Likes