Mar 02 2013
By: StormPoet Lombax Warrior 105 posts

Uncharted 3 GoTY Digital Install issue

41 replies 33642 views Edited Mar 2, 2013

I have purchased Uncharted 3 GoTY digital edition on the store and downloaded and installed everything with the game but I cant play it as there is no link to the single player... only the multi-player. Has anyone else who bought this on psn tell if theirs is working or not? Any other help or suggestions would be great.

~~~ Words 2 Live By ~~~
Never argue with an idiot... they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Message 1 of 42 (33,642 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 GoTY Digital Install issue

Mar 3, 2013

I am having the exact same problem, I downloaded both the 12 gig and 13 gig singleplayer downloads and after 2 days of waiting for downloads and installs i still have nothing. all i can find is uncharted 3 in the "Game Data Utility" folder. this is incredibly unprofessional for a psn release. i have bought many games off psn and never had this problem till now

Message 2 of 42 (33,616 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 3, 2013
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Issues-with-downloading-the-40-...

this guy seems to suggest that you need the free to play multiplayer download for it to work. dont now, but im trying now.

so stupid that they give you a crap load of downloads and absolutely no instructions on what does what. none of them even have a single player picture on them
Message 3 of 42 (33,614 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Mar 4, 2013

You may not want to install 10 language packs.

Message 4 of 42 (33,599 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Has anyone found out the problem I called PlayStation and they say u need to download everything and I have but I'm still without a game
Message 5 of 42 (33,562 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Mar 6, 2013
When you purchase the Game of the Year Digital Edition, it is required that you also install the Free-To-Play base package file (4.6GB) for the entire product to work.

We're sorry this was not made clear.

-EvangM
Message 6 of 42 (33,546 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Thank u, ill see if that works, I've been dyin to play it but it'll have to wait its American idol time and the wifey don't let anyone in the way of that lol
Message 7 of 42 (33,538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Mar 17, 2013

And where is Uncharted 3 GOTY On PSN EU? i don't see. only see single player , multi, dlc  . Where is GOTY Version?

Message 8 of 42 (33,442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 25, 2013

To be able to play the single player part, you have to also install the multiplayer base pack AND one of the movie packs.

@CH3MiC_23: I found the GOTY edition in the recent releases section of the store, and it is made up of these packs. After purchasing the GOTY, I downloaded and installed the components I wanted/needed individually from my list of purchased items. 

I installed sp first, and then the mp base pack, but no movie pack at first, just to see if I could spare out 13 GB disk space (predictably not, but it wouldn't hurt to try). I could start up the game, but when selecting the sp campaign, I was explicitly told to install the 2D movie pack. I don't have a 3D tv, so it's fine for me, but I'm not sure if you'll need the 2D pack to be able to use the 3D movie pack (which is another 11 GB). 

I couldn't care less for MP, so I was initially very happy to find everything mp as separate downloads. To find the sp to be a hefty chunk (24GB, at least) of dlc for the mp was... surprising.

Then, I found out that the sp campaign was available for purchase for only €24,99 from within the FREE mp base pack. It would have bloody saved me €10 on MP content, that I had zero interest in to begin with, had this been made clear before purchase. 

Well played, ND. 

Message 9 of 42 (33,361 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I bought the GoTY edition earlier today and have been trying to get it to work for the past 4 hours. I've downloaded the single player file, map packs, 2D movie file, multiplayer and so far skipped the multiplayer language packs and some other stuff. I don't even get an icon in my ps meny to start the game. And on PSN i can't even see that free to play what ever that was needed. I only bought it for the SP experience and am getting kind off **bleep** at the moment..

Message 10 of 42 (33,343 Views)