Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 02 2011
By: frncsc First Son 9 posts

Uncharted 3 dics doesn't read properly

170 replies 4036 views Edited Nov 2, 2011

I picked up uncharted 3 yesterday and i have been having problems sometimes the disc loads and i can play but once i turn off the ps3 it doesn't read it and i have to eject the disc numerous times and turn off and on the system until it eventually works. My ps3 is capable of reading every other game but this is the only one giving me problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(I have gow3 and killzone 3 and they both work well)

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

I have the same problem. I just got the game, and it star...

Nov 2, 2011
I have the same problem. I just got the game, and it starts with loading, and thats all. Nothing else happenned. I read on google, there are a lot of people with the same issues(with Uncharted 3 of course). Any other game works without any problems. The disc (Uncharted 3) is without any scratches, it's clean as a mirror.
I was waiting for the game for so long time, and now something like that happened...
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

yeah right now i got the game to work but if i turn off t...

Nov 2, 2011

yeah right now i got the game to work but if i turn off the system it won't work again. So i hope there is a fix to this soon because just like you all my games work properly. I don't know what else to do.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

I am having exactly the same issues.   The symptoms start...

Nov 2, 2011

I am having exactly the same issues.

The symptoms started on chapter 6 - the chateau.

When drake dropped into the room with the chandeliers.

The guy outside wouldn't talk and drake couldn't draw his gun to shoot the lock.

Also i couldn't restart the chapter as when i pressed start it constantly said that it was saving.

After restarting my ps3 this time it worked although the speach was on a delay. After that the characters mouth moved but no audio was heard. Now its stuck completely and i can't continue with the game.

I am hugely disppointed to say the least as i have been waiting all year for this game.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

After another restart i managed to get to the room with t...

Nov 2, 2011

After another restart i managed to get to the room with the statues. They have been turned the correct way and the fireplace has opened but the next cut scene has failed to load and the fireplace cannot be penetrated despite the door being opened

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Can any of the developers help on this matter?   For the...

Nov 3, 2011

Can any of the developers help on this matter?

For the record my PS3 was bought in June 2007 (therefore not one of the newer slim ones) in the UK and is the "60GB" version.

The PS3 is in good working order all other games can be played without issue. The disc is only a day old

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Same problem here, I tried Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 b...

Nov 3, 2011

Same problem here, I tried Killzone 3 and Battlefield 3 but it worked.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
71 posts

I ''had'' the same problem

Nov 3, 2011

I fixed it by playing the game on my friend Ps3 and copied the save-file to my Ps3. It works just fine now :smileyhappy:

I guess it's something ND will patch later on because it's not the disc it's the game itself that is the problem.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Same problem. Just got my explorer edition and bought it...

Nov 3, 2011

Same problem.

Just got my explorer edition and bought it in amazon France and the same problem is happening for some french players.

You start up the game and the loading screen (with the ring spinning on the bottom right of the screen) stays forever.

I was so excited about the game, now I'm so frustrated.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

I have the same issue has anyone contacted sony I have th...

Nov 3, 2011
I have the same issue has anyone contacted sony I have the latest 3.73 update do you as well?
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 171 (4,036 Views)
0 Likes