First Son
13 posts

Replaying the game on Hard (I'm going for the Platinum li...

Nov 9, 2011

Replaying the game on Hard (I'm going for the Platinum like I've done on other 2), haven't had a single issue with the game up until now aside of some minor bugs. Anyway, get to chapter 20 and progress to near the start of C21 when suddenly all noise, aside from environmental, cuts out of the game and the puzzle I'm doing breaks leaving me no choice but to kill myself.

Now the game wont load past this point. Massively frustrated I try to load the chapter and start over from the beginning, I get to the same point and the exact same happens.

I take it there's no fix for this yet.

How incrediblly annoying.

Please use plain text.
Message 91 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Me too

Nov 9, 2011

Thought I'd add my voice to those who've been disappointed by this issue.  Put Uncharted 3 in.  It didn't load.  Returned it for another copy.  Worked for a short time.  Now it won't pop up in XMB on slim.  All other games work.  Tried lens cleaning disc, no luck.  There are definitely bigger problems in the world but this particular one is particularly frustrating me at this moment.  

Naughty Dog:  can you just release this game on the PS Store for those of us who have been seemingly randomly targeted by this glitch?  Sony has given me no other options other than to "repair" my system (which plays everything else) at great expense.  I was an avid participant of the beta program and have looked forward to Uncharted 3 all year.  Help a brother out.

Please use plain text.
Message 92 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Spent a good few hours at the weekend trying to fix my pr...

Nov 9, 2011

Spent a good few hours at the weekend trying to fix my problems with Uncharted 3. My disc read fine, but had major issues with cutscenes and audio. Here is my experience....

I used to own a launch PS3 60GB with PS2 compatability and the extra USB ports.

After several years of problem free use, I opted to upgrade the 60GB drive to a 320GB 5400rpm Western Digital Blue drive.

This drive gave me more capacity, and it had a larger cache, so it should, in theory, have been faster.

This worked fine in the launch PS3 for several months.

I recently replaced the launch PS3 with a new PS3 Slim 160GB.

I neglected to use the 160GB Hitachi drive, and instead replaced it with the Western Digital 320GB from my old PS3.

I had to do an external backup to a USB drive before hand, and formatted the WD drive in the slim to get up and running.

I noticed from day one it was slighty laggier. When playing back video and downloading from the store at the same time, the PS3 slim would stutter. This wasn't really too much of an issue, as all games and blu rays ran fine on the slim, but I kind of regretted the upgrade, as the performance wasn't as good as the old fat PS3.

I recently had major problems with Uncharted 3!

They ranged from music stuttering or dropping out, audio not syncing and then breaking with cut scenes - game breaking levels of stutter.

After returning the game to the store, I got another copy, but the same results at cut scenes was apparent.

My friend had a copy running fine on his 40GB PS3 fat. We tried that disc, same results.

My friend suggested it might be the hard disk combined with the more budget internals of the slim.

So we first backed up and deactivated the system. Then removed the 320GB WD HDD, reinstalled the 160GB Hitachi HDD (patching from the 3.73 firmware on Playstation.com). We tested video whilst downloading, no problems. We the tried Uncharted 3 it had the odd hickup, but it was miles better. It was now an unbroken game!

So far I've played a several more hours of the game, and all seems to be fine so far.

I hope this helps anyone with their Uncharted 3 stuttering.

Please use plain text.
Message 93 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Thats the freaking issue that the ps3 si fine ! it runs a...

Nov 9, 2011

Thats the freaking issue that the ps3 si fine ! it runs all other games fine, its freaking UC3 which isn't OK, yet we are not even being listened to ! I have UC1 , relpyed it 3 times, have UC2, replayed it twice, and now I got UC3 SPecial Edition and now can't play at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smileymad:

WAKE UP NAUGHTY DOG ! I RESPECT U A LOT<BUT LISTEN TO OUR COMPLAINTS. !  HERE WE ARE ALL WITH NON WORKING COPIES OF THE GAME AND WITH NO RESPITE IN SIGHT!

wHAT DO I DO WITH IT NOW ? I want to play it :smileysad: :smileysad: :smileysad::smileysad::smileysad:

We are the Renegades, We are the people with our own philosophy,
We change the course of history, Everyday people like you and me !

Please use plain text.
Message 94 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

This is unacceptable...

Nov 9, 2011

I bought this upon release and I haven't been able to play the game yet because of this loading screen crap! A week has passed now and it still does this. To the Naughty Dog staff...this is unacceptable! I did not spend my money to watch a ring spin endlessly! As you and Sony can see this is a problem that has been overlooked for far too long. I am very upset about this. Please fix this mess so that I can at least get to play the game...

Please use plain text.
Message 95 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Nov 9, 2011

I don't know if this will help, but ND released today some new update of the game. Maybe this will help somehow. Worth try...

Please use plain text.
Message 96 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yes, but unfortunately it would most likely be the aiming...

Nov 9, 2011

Yes, but unfortunately it would most likely be the aiming changes that they are highlighting on the main page of their site. 

Please use plain text.
Message 97 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

That patch is for fixing the 3D option on some hardwares....

Nov 9, 2011

That patch is for fixing the 3D option on some hardwares. Nothing substantial in it !

We are the Renegades, We are the people with our own philosophy,
We change the course of history, Everyday people like you and me !

Please use plain text.
Message 98 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Sadly have to add my name to the list now.   Have played...

Nov 9, 2011

Sadly have to add my name to the list now.

Have played through on easy

(alright I know but I do this to enjoy every aspect of the story and collect treasures)

Am now playing through on crushing ( see from easy to crushing I AM hardcore after all) and have got to the chapter where cutter and Drake are going to the castle (just after looking at the stars) saved yesterday and quit then popped the disc in today (the kids had watched bugs life blu ray) and got past the choose SP, MP,COOP screen.

I choose SP, choose continue and music cuts out and the ring spins and spins and spins and spins etc.

If I choose either MP or coop the loading bar loads to the end (syncing data, syncing levels etc) then it freezes when the bar is full.

Every other disc works and its a 9 month old 320 slim.

Very very upset and annoyed on top of my explorers edition code not working now I cant even play my favourite game in any mode. 

I might just give up I spend too much time on Uncharted and the forums anyway but I just feel jaded at the moment and would love an hour or 2 in an evening to lay back and shoot the suits.

I don't know is it worth it no one seems to want to help with either issue although Zod kindly answered my message to him. But couldn't help about the code issue. 

Oh well.:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 99 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1450 posts

Beat I know how cross you are and becoming more  incensed...

Nov 9, 2011

Beat I know how cross you are and becoming more  incensed as time progresses and that you have gone down all available and reasonable routes.

As I said I was upset about my explorer edition codes not working (really just wanted early creepy crawler FOR FR4Z13R!) and thought that was the end of the world but this!

My most anticipated game ever not working at all (at least I've had a full run through) but to push the boundaries of what a game can do just for sweet lighting/ dynamics/new combat/water,sand effects.

It's not necessary, if it is the games capacity playing on the lazer ( my lazer has been making one heck of a noise scanning this disc) then it's obviously too much for what seems a lot of old and new systems to handle.

I've said before that this is my leisure activity in a pretty grim life, and to find that my favourite experience is now pretty much a no hoper then I don't know if I will continue, (I'd barely scratched the surface of MP and Co-op and all my psn friends are waiting for me to stop playing SP to join them in months of online slaying).

If this is the problem as Tap suggested then a load to HD seems to be the obvious solution for many of us with a larger drive but not for those on an early machine that doesn't have a large drive, so I don't know what the solution totalis should be.  

I just don't think  the answer is to sue anyone as yet but wait a while longer.

If any Dev will try to sort this mess out it will be Naughty dog. 

Please use plain text.
Message 100 of 171 (79 Views)
0 Likes