First Son
3 posts

Same problem here. The number of people reporting such a...

Nov 3, 2011
Same problem here. The number of people reporting such a problem is growing.
It would seem ridiculous if a problem like this cannot be fixed. I'm really looking forward to playing Uncharted 3...
Message 11 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

i managed to get the game to work long enough to finish t...

Nov 3, 2011
i managed to get the game to work long enough to finish the campaign. But once i turned off the system the game disc wasn't reading properly and i wasn't able to play again. But all my other games seem to be working perfectly so i know it can't be something with my ps3 since it should be happening with my other dual layered games (gow 3 killzone 3)
Message 12 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

4 Separate Discs, All With Same Issue

Nov 4, 2011

I would have to agree with others who have posted on here, Naughty Dog you need to address this issue. I have now been to GameStop 4 times for replacements and each worked the same as the last. This appears to be something that occurs on the older models of the PS3. I have an extensive library of almost 40 games, none of which have this issue.

I have already confirmed:
- Firmware is up to date

- Rebuilt my database

- Restored my file system

None of which resolved this issue and I am now very disappointed to have dropped $125.00 on the Collector's Edition.

Game either does one of the following:
- Naughty Dog splash begins to lag and skip.

- Gets stuck on initial ring loading screen forever.

- Main Menu, options, other areas of UI work fine when it can be reached.

- Campaign hangs on initial load 98% of the time.

- One time it did load, video ran at 3-4 FPS and audio ran perfectly.

I even have the issue captured on video if you require. However I am very concerned that no one from Sony or Naughty Dog is addressing this issue. I refuse to believe it is my system that has worked flawlessly and refuse to believe that formatting my PS3 is the solution. Can someone please look into this?

EDIT TO ADD: The one thing I did notice when comparing the UC3 disc to any others in my library was that the UC3 disc's data layer is very wavey or distorted . When all my other discs are a smooth clear surface.

Message 13 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Any official word?

Nov 4, 2011

Guys, has anyone had an luck getting word back from naughty dog or Sony on this? I have done all the same things that BeatFreaker has said yet the problem remains. The game is unplayable just now and i'm furious that the developers of the most highly anticipated game of the year appear to be doing nothing on this.

Message 14 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

I have also have the same problem

Nov 4, 2011

took my PS3 into gamestop we opened 8 different copies same result

thank god GameStop gave me my money back to actually buy games that work

very disapointed in Sony and NaughtyDog not addressing this after 3 days

Message 15 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

I have posted a video on Youtube and contacted Joystiq.co...

Nov 4, 2011

I have posted a video on Youtube and contacted Joystiq.com to see if they can look into it. There are posts also on the Playstation Blog about this issue as well. So definitely not our systems. As with frncsc, all my other dual layer discs function fine.

Message 16 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Disc wont load

Nov 4, 2011

Mine worked ok until today.It loaded and was playing chapter 9 and after I fell and killed myself it would not load. Tried everything,restarted and went to a different chapter but still not working. Now I just tried it and it wont even get to the main screen,just the ring at the bottom turning. What a big screw up on such a great game! Hope they can patch this to fix it.

Message 17 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

My bet is that this is a PS3 hardware problem (my U3 game...

Nov 4, 2011
My bet is that this is a PS3 hardware problem (my U3 game runs perfectly...)

The problem probably has something to do with U3 being on a dual-layer Blu-ray disc. There has been reports before on other games using dual-layer discs that some PS3's disc drives have problems with games using dual-layer discs.
Message 18 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Actually if you read what we posted above you would see t...

Nov 4, 2011

Actually if you read what we posted above you would see that our systems have no issues with other double layered discs. The quality of the discs UC3 is using is very low quality compared to PS3 titles. Uncharted 2's data side is a mirror and Uncharted 3's looks like a puddle of water.  This occurred on every copy GameStop opened for me. Considering there were also 4 copies of Starhawk vouchers, manuals and online passes, I have my doubts about the company who handled packaging and production of disc.

Message 19 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

The one and only time I got to the first cut scene of the...

Nov 4, 2011

The one and only time I got to the first cut scene of the game:

http://youtu.be/2c2xNB2q_Wc

Message 20 of 171 (911 Views)
0 Likes