Monster Hunter
41 posts

No it is the same issue I get 98% of the time. I was only...

Nov 4, 2011

No it is the same issue I get 98% of the time. I was only able to load the menu 3 times and initial cut scene once. Then care to enlighten me? In case you completely dismissed my first post, I have deleted game and save data. Rebuilt my data base & file system. None of which cleared the issue. Although many are also experiencing this after playing for some time. I am experiencing the same issue from the very start. I haven't even been able to see the first cut scene of the game. 

- Naughty Dog splash skips, both audio and video.

- Get stuck on first load.

- Restarted 11th time, got to main menu. It worked flawlessly in all areas. 

- Never loaded into game apart from one time, at which time video ran at 3-4 FPS and audio was perfect.

Sorry bud, you may have me on the disc not being defective, which I never stated WAS the cause, but there is something wrong somewhere and it is not my system.  

Message 31 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

It's obvious that with 4000 posts on here that it wouldn'...

Nov 4, 2011
It's obvious that with 4000 posts on here that it wouldn't matter what I said. You would tell me I'm wrong.
Message 32 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

The corrupted cache issue can be fixed by loading another...

Nov 4, 2011

The corrupted cache issue can be fixed by loading another disc-based game.

If the game doesn't even show up in the XMB and you hear the laser pickup making noise trying to read, then that is a hardware issue.

I hope that you understand the difference now.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 33 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Again making wild assumptions... there is no need to be o...

Nov 4, 2011

BeatFreaker wrote:
It's obvious that with 4000 posts on here that it wouldn't matter what I said. You would tell me I'm wrong.

Again making wild assumptions... there is no need to be offended if I tell you that some consoles can have a faulty laser lens (it happens with wear and tear over time).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

^ Have you read this post before accusing me that I didn'...

Nov 4, 2011

tapantaola wrote:

Maybe because UC3 is the biggest one (45GB) and that is pushing the laser pickup even more? Can you try the same disc on another console (a friend's one)?

^ Have you read this post before accusing me that I didn't you didn't read yours?

Message 35 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yes I understand that. Like I said PLEASE for the love of...

Nov 4, 2011

Yes I understand that. Like I said PLEASE for the love of god read my posts. I have played many games both prior and after this issue occurring NOTHING else has loading issues, even dual layered discs. 

I have also rebuilt the database and file system. 

Message 36 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Same skipping music and cut scenes problems

Nov 4, 2011

I'm really disappointed by spending full price on a game which does not work properly. It's one of the worst bug game for a AAA title. I have no problems with Uncharted 2 and have issues with Uncharted 3. I only played the first couple of hours. I found that the music skips and cut scenes loads awful (like 2 fps) for like 5 seconds before it runs normally. I thought my PS3 is on it's way out but it can't be the case as I only had it for just over a year. I got the FF13 Lightning Edition PS3 that comes with the standard 250gb hard drive.  This must be a common problem then, hope it gets sorted out.

Message 37 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

After my last attempt at getting it to work (which it did...

Nov 4, 2011

After my last attempt at getting it to work (which it did and i was able to beat the game) My slim ps3 hasn't been able to read it again.BeatFreaker i understand your frustration and i do hope there is a way to fix this that doesn't require us to buy a new system or having to replace the lens. This is just ridiculous and it is truly effecting alot of people.

Message 38 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Perhaps because UC3 is the only dual layer blueray you ow...

Nov 5, 2011
Perhaps because UC3 is the only dual layer blueray you own, and your blueray player is failing.

Just a theory, lens failures are quite common and have varying levels of effect.
Message 39 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

When I spend £40 on something I expect it to work

Nov 5, 2011

I bought Uncharted 3 yesterday and have not been happy. After being billed as one of the greatest games ever and especially since it is the PS3's flagship game I expected much , much oh so much better customer service with this issue.

This has happened to far too many people who have ranging ages/specs of PS3 for it to be swept under the carpet. If the problem is Naughty Dogs they should take some responsibility and recall. If the problem is the laser reading Dual layered BR discs then Sony should bite the bullet and fix our machines, our money deserved better tech. Maybe If the problem is that the laser has trouble reading the disc then sony should once again bite the bullet and accept its tech is not good enough to consistently read Dual layered and stop producing those games. I would rather have a typical game that actually worked. However, I admit that I dont know much about tech matters so it may be other reasons.

Now to my problem. The laser doesnt seem to want to read the disc 99/100 times, its almost as if it tries to spin the disc, gives up, tries to spit the disc out but cannot for some reason. I have managed to get the game started twice. The first time took 50mins of constantly inserting/reinserting/power down etc.The second took 40 mins and crashed my ps3 on title screen. I have also noticed that the frame rate does not seem to be running correctly, TBH Uncharted 2 looked a whole lot crisper. As I am writing this my brother has just tried to get it working again.... we are in!!!!!.... oh wait a second its crashed on the Naughty Dog screen how very apt. Oooh Hard reset ( turned off at wall) thanks for that. Again as I type got it working again..... crashed on spinning ring screen- reset. Honestly I dont know why Im bothering perhaps it is because its a birthday present. Released 4 days ago and still no official word. Naughty Dog/Sony TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILTY /FIX THE ISSUE/ REPAIR OUR LASERS or I will gather as much support as I can and take you to trading standards. Consumers should not be sold faulty goods or be treated like cash cows that will accept any broken game. Who's with me?

PS3 Slim 12OGB 18months old Plays all other games I own

ID: UnbelivableTekas

Message 40 of 171 (379 Views)
0 Likes