Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Saying they should stop producing those games if, it were...

Nov 5, 2011

UnbelivableTekas wrote:

I bought Uncharted 3 yesterday and have not been happy. After being billed as one of the greatest games ever and especially since it is the PS3's flagship game I expected much , much oh so much better customer service with this issue.

This has happened to far too many people who have ranging ages/specs of PS3 for it to be swept under the carpet. If the problem is Naughty Dogs they should take some responsibility and recall. If the problem is the laser reading Dual layered BR discs then Sony should bite the bullet and fix our machines, our money deserved better tech. Maybe If the problem is that the laser has trouble reading the disc then sony should once again bite the bullet and accept its tech is not good enough to consistently read Dual layered and stop producing those games. I would rather have a typical game that actually worked. However, I admit that I dont know much about tech matters so it may be other reasons.

Saying they should stop producing those games if, it were the blueray lenses, is plain stupid. 

Obviously most people aren't experiencing these issues. In fact you're in vast minority. So even if it was, blueray lens failure, it probably falls into the already established approximate 15% PS3 failure rates. Also, clearly it's not that the blueray lenses, can't read the discs properly, when they are functioning properly. It's (potentially) that individual drives/lenses are failing. 

If it were the blueray lenses, it's not Sony's responsibility to fix it out of warranty. Problem with the failure of a blueray drive, or any in general is that it's slow, and has varying degrees of effect. You often notice it when it can't read one game, then a few, and only sometimes, etc. Not to say that's what it is, not at all. 

Faulty disc, faulty install data (if there is any) faulty save data, are other things it could be. 

Message 41 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

I have an old 60gb ps3 about 4 years old now and it runs...

Nov 5, 2011

I have an old 60gb ps3 about 4 years old now and it runs the game just fine

Message 42 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Naughty dog has to do something.

Nov 5, 2011

Naughty dog has to do something.

Message 43 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

it has nothing to do with single/double layer bd. Unchart...

Nov 5, 2011
it has nothing to do with single/double layer bd. Uncharted 2 had the exact same issue. see http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Uncharted-2-freezing-Spinning-Dagger/td-p/47761. Like you said uc is SL bd. It obviously is a defect of uncharted's development infrastructure that nd failed to fix. uc3 is a lot worse since deleting game util data doesn't fix it like un2.
Message 44 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Game Data stores MP data (cinema files, patches, DLC) onl...

Nov 5, 2011

Wolfdale13 wrote:
it has nothing to do with single/double layer bd. Uncharted 2 had the exact same issue. see http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Uncharted-2-freezing-Spinning-Dagger/td-p/47761. Like you said uc is SL bd. It obviously is a defect of uncharted's development infrastructure that nd failed to fix. uc3 is a lot worse since deleting game util data doesn't fix it like un2.

No, this is a different issue:

tapantaola wrote:

The corrupted cache issue can be fixed by loading another disc-based game.

If the game doesn't even show up in the XMB and you hear the laser pickup making noise trying to read, then that is a hardware issue.

I hope that you understand the difference now.

Game Data stores MP data (cinema files, patches, DLC) only, SP is irrelevant.

If you see a spinning dagger/ring indefinitely when you boot the game, then it is a corrupted cache issue and you need to load another disc-based game to clear it.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 45 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

is just plain stupid....

Nov 5, 2011

Chronospherics  or is it. Even if it is the minority experiencing this issue thats still a large portion of gamers who wont bother buying a dual layered disc anymore which basically means I wont be able to play any good games, nice. So if lets say even 5% of ps3 owners have this problem thats 5% of their customer base of millions that cant/wont buy anymore games. I was going to buy saints row 3, cod3, new assasins creed and Skyrim this month, that is £200 that sony is now not getting. That too me if I was a top dog in sony would be a major customer service issue and I would stop making the games untill the discs can be read and normal service for everyone resumes. If it is a laser problem then sony are full of BS , when I pay £250 for something I expect it to work for over a year and a bloody half, Sony have sold me a faulty product.

I understand that you are probly a techhead so you know more about the ins and outs BUT I am still a customer, my game/computer does not work as it should, as it was advertised and therefore someone needs to do something about this.

I got Onlive last week, it is bloody amazing value and I would not be having this issue, their customer service is also pretty **bleep** excellent.Why shouldnt I stay with them and dump my console after this, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Will any game I buy from now on even work although my PS3 is only a 18 months old?

If you were having this issue then you would be raging just as much as me. Trying again as I type this...... FAIL SONY! FAIL NAUGHTY DOG im gonna play Onlive

Message 46 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yes I am saying that, as I said GOW 3, Killzone 3, Unchar...

Nov 5, 2011

Yes I am saying that, as I said GOW 3, Killzone 3, none of this DUAL LAYERED discs have this issue with them? As you note I merely was adding in this information, but didn't state it was the actual issue. When companies are troubleshooting something they want as much info as possible. So I added it in, but never one said this is why, just asked why there was a difference. The issues with UC3 are everywhere in black, game data needing to be destroyed as well as save data. Sorry but this is an issue that many are experiencing and telling them it's a hardware problem when it isn't, doesn't help the issue.

Message 47 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

This does not work, please stop suggesting it is a cache...

Nov 5, 2011

This does not work, please stop suggesting it is a cache issue. That fix worked for UCC2 but does nothing for the problems we are experiencing with UC3. 

After getting burned by every Exclusive release so far this year with either broken codes, bogus bonuses and now a game that will not even function, even after being exchanged once again. Naughty Dog or Sony, or even both need to address this ASAP. Even if we have to wait, letting the community know it is being looked into can solve 75% of a customer's frustration.

Message 48 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Please, for the love of god LEARN to distinguish DIFFEREN...

Nov 5, 2011

BeatFreaker wrote:

This does not work, please stop suggesting it is a cache issue. That fix worked for UCC2 but does nothing for the problems we are experiencing with UC3.

Please, for the love of god LEARN to distinguish DIFFERENT issues and DIFFERENT solutions!

Read about the cache issue here:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Chapter-6-big-bug-I-can-t-play-after-this-and-my-sa...

Sorry, but you clearly haven't read the ENTIRE tech forum and instead you prefer to jump into conclusions!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 49 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

Yes I have and I am trying to tell you that NOTHING you h...

Nov 5, 2011

Yes I have and I am trying to tell you that NOTHING you have suggested has fixed the issue for me. Sure it may fix those who are 6 chapters into the game. But I cannot get to the first cut scene. It is not a cache issue, I even put in every game you suggested in the other forum subject. Each one of them worked fine and Uncharted 3 still doesn't work. I understand you enjoy getting pats on the back from the Naughty Dog staff, but I still have the issue and as I already said, nothing that you have suggested has fixed my issue. One that many others are sharing. In fact you are probably even same guy on Youtube who's same comments are all being flagged for spam now.

Message 50 of 171 (297 Views)
0 Likes