Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Did I say that you are affected by a cache issue? NO!   I...

Nov 5, 2011

Did I say that you are affected by a cache issue? NO!

I said that you have a hardware issue (laser lens), but you just can't accept that answer. Sorry, but that's the truth.

You clearly don't read my posts, do you? And stop insulting me with wild assumptions and generalizations.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Where your discs were produced? Mine was produced at Sony...

Nov 5, 2011

Where your discs were produced? Mine was produced at Sony DADC Austria AG (BCES-01175/S). Works fine on CECHC08, but I changed lenses 5 month ago.

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

So all the other dual layered discs you suggest play fine...

Nov 5, 2011

So all the other dual layered discs you suggest play fine, I don't have any of the other issues you described, but you still believe I have a hardware issue???? Sorry my friend but you did come to my posts in response to it being the cache issue after I dismissed it being hardware related, so if you didn't intend for it to seem that way, perhaps you should be more clear. Everywhere someone describes issues similar to this you are jumping on saying it is a cache issue, and surprise, surprise someone is going to exact same thing word for word on Youtube. So my apologies if it seems like a coincidence.

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

@ Oxy   I check it out as soon as I get home from work an...

Nov 5, 2011

@ Oxy

I check it out as soon as I get home from work and let you know where mine was produced.

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

I don't even know who is talking about caching in YouTube...

Nov 5, 2011

I don't even know who is talking about caching in YouTube, so you should be more clear instead of insulting fellow forumers.

I told you twice that UC3 is the biggest game (45GB) ever released, hell even the developers have admitted in an interview that they literally ABUSE the streaming mechanism from the Blu-Ray and apparently that wreaks havoc in some laser lenses. It's not my fault if you don't know anything about these stuff, just don't insult others, OK?

IMHO Sony should acknowledge this issue and fix faulty laser lenses free of charge.

And if you think that I don't sympathize with this issue, then you had better read this thread:

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/Multiplayer/Apparently-lots-of-consoles-cannot-read-the-UC3-disc/m-p...

Am I right when I'm saying that you don't read my posts? That's why you jump into conclusions all the time. I understand your problem, but please stay calm and have patience.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

My apologies as I already stated, however to be honest it...

Nov 5, 2011

My apologies as I already stated, however to be honest it would be hard to track down your topic considering it is in the Multiplayer section and not technical issues. I have having technical issues so this is where I was looking for answers. Thank you for finally saying that you believe this is an issue that was caused by them stressing these systems, which does mean it is partially on Naughty Dog's side, or if they push Sony's to have inferior lens that cannot keep up to this push replaced.

See this is why we clashed so much. You were never saying these specific things before, and wish you would of because your response in the other thread is completely different in conveince, than any of the other response you posted.

So once again my apologies for being brash. Like I said I have been burned by every Exclusive collectors edition this year, so forgive me if I am frustrated. I didn't mean to take it out on you.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

It's OK, have a look here:   http://www.1up.com/feature...

Nov 5, 2011

It's OK, have a look here:

http://www.1up.com/features/mapping-uncharted-3-drake-deception?pager.offset=7

Wells continues, "All of these bugs point to the exact same problem in our streaming system. We are streaming stuff constantly; we're abusing the PlayStation 3 like a bad child. We're streaming audio, music, animation, video, levels, textures, everything. We're filling the memory, and about halfway through, it gets jammed up so that when we ask for a texture, it's not there; we ask for an animation, and it's not there." Balestra interjects to note that the reason this bug came up was because the programmer happened to play the game on an older test unit -- most of Naughty Dog's Quality Assurance team were using newer debug hardware and hence weren't running into this issue. The developers realized that a lot of fans still probably play games on launch-era PS3 systems, and this bug could end up ruining a lot of players' experiences.

It's a combination of factors: a filled dual-layer disc + faulty laser lenses + advanced streaming algorithms which stress the system.

Unfortunately all these pretty graphics/cutscenes etc. and the lack of a HDD install have a cost -> they tax too much the Blu-Ray drive.

I read a post from a guy who says that his drive got permanently damaged and now he cannot read any disc (SL or DL):

http://forums.naughtydog.com/t5/General-Discussion/PS3-won-t-read-any-disk/m-p/631399/message-uid/63...

That's why I am also worried, because I plan to play a lot of UC3 MP in the next 2 years and my console could be affected... a partial install for the MP would be nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

I couldn't agree more and thanks very much for the inform...

Nov 5, 2011

I couldn't agree more and thanks very much for the information!

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Maybe the best fix would be to patch in a option to insta...

Nov 5, 2011

Maybe the best fix would be to patch in a option to install. I mean I got a 500 gig harddrive in my ps3, they could do like Metal Gear Solid 4.

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
41 posts

I completely agree and seems like the easiest solution fo...

Nov 5, 2011

I completely agree and seems like the easiest solution for everyone. 

Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 171 (137 Views)
0 Likes