First Son
2 posts

Very disappointed with the biggest game on PS3 that does not run

Nov 5, 2011
I already posted that I have a few problems with Uncharted 3 with sound skipping (music) and awful running cut scenes. I just try the game again. This time it will not load at all. It takes ages to load the warning screen that tells to have breaks during gaming. After that there's just a black screen. This is the most broken game I ever owned, very disappointed. The biggest PS3 game and can't even run it. You will think it would be easy just to develop a game to run on a system. Complete joke. My PS3 slim is hardly used and runs all the exclusives fine including Killzone 3, Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain etc. There's no laser issue with my PS3.
Message 61 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

This is exactly my experince. I also lose music. It is so...

Nov 5, 2011
This is exactly my experince. I also lose music. It is so glitched that if not fixed it won't be my GOTY :smileysad: I just want to play it.
Message 62 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Same problem here. No music black screen with ring. PS3 m...

Nov 6, 2011

Same problem here. No music black screen with ring. PS3 model CECH-2504B

Workaround please.

Message 63 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

mine wont even load the start screen, just black screen a...

Nov 7, 2011

mine wont even load the start screen, just black screen and the ring :smileyfrustrated: was running fine on friday, went to play today and no luck :smileysad: hope its sorted soon, paid for the game would love to play it.

Message 64 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

cutscene and sound issues

Nov 7, 2011

yep, also getting similar issues with cutscenes lagging, where the video would pause and the sound continues, then the video would play really fast to catch up. as well as the ingame audio track cutting out at times (mainly the music track)

is there any chance for a word from a dev or mod here to clarify if this will be fixed soon?

its a real shame to play a game like this with these kinds of problems, and i dont really want to have to 'endure' through these problems to get through the campaign (i havent tried MP or COOP yet so dont know if these problems are there too)

i would definitely wait to play through it if i atleast knew there was a fix coming at some point

also: i had a thought that these issues occured because my bluray drive was dieing, as thats what these symptoms seem to indicate, a harddrive install would most probably be a good solution, but just out of curiosity, to the people with the problems, what kind of ps3 do you have, i have one of the original models, and although it plays virtually every other game without a hitch (i just played batman for the past 2 weeks with no problems) im wondering if the newer models have a faster BR drive, and therefor wouldnt have as many of these issues

Message 65 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Game not loading

Nov 7, 2011

I had the same problem. I double checked my system version that is suppose to be automatic but it was only 3.72. I upgraded to 3.73 and now it works!  so far. The only other thing I did was delete the U3 subway mp but I dont think this made any difference. Hope this helps someone.

Message 66 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Really want to know if naughty dog has heard us and that...

Nov 7, 2011
Really want to know if naughty dog has heard us and that they are working on a fix, my only game ive been waiting for since U2 and cant even get to the start screen after my first play to about 3 hours in!

Makes no sense, no idea what it is :smileysad:
Message 67 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

What worked for me

Nov 7, 2011

Hey guys, I wont pretend to know what's causing all this but like many I had the same problems (long startup, movies reading terribly/skipping, audio dropping out)

Thought it may be worth a mention that as soon as I put my ps3 in the vertical position, all the problems went away.

May not work for others but worked for me no problem (I also quit the game and restarted to double check)

good luck, I hope a more permanent solution is cooked up by ND

Message 68 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Ill give that a go later but yea would be really good if...

Nov 7, 2011
Ill give that a go later but yea would be really good if naughty dog could atleast acknowledge this problem and let us know they are looking to fix it, if not may try and swap discs over at the store and try that
Message 69 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

That won't work

Nov 7, 2011

A previous post stated that a user had visited gamestop and tried 8 different copies at the store/at home, all with the same result. So, I wouldn't try it, it might work, but still...

Message 70 of 171 (122 Views)
0 Likes