Apr 09 2013
By: Chrisruler First Son 4 posts

Uncharted 3 glitch preventing me from progressing

3 replies 1069 views Edited Apr 9, 2013

So I got the whole Uncharted series a couple months ago because I love Naughty Dog so much and I have beaten all three of them. Though I'm the type of person that likes to go back in and 100% it (get all treasures, all bonuses, etc.) so I can get the Platinum Trophy. I have finally been able to Platinum Uncharted 1 and 2 so I moved onto Uncharted 3 to Platinum and I'm in the middle of the game on Crushing Difficulty.

So my problem is that I am on Chapter 14 (Cruisin' for a Bruisin') on Crushing Difficulty and I come to the room where you face that big brute guy with the PAK-80. When Nate first enters the room he jumps onto this metal sheet and when he does that the sound completely cuts off except the ambient sounds. Like the metal sheet first falls down and it makes absolutely no noise and all I hear is rain sound. So this continues while I kill the big brute and once he is dead and so are all the smaller guys I run up to the sliding door and start to mash triangle to open it. Once it is opened none of the textures of the next room (which is the room with the pool) load up and all I see is the sea water. Nate then walks forward into it and falls down through the level and dies at the bottom. The loading screen then comes up with the rotating ring and it just stays that way until I turn off my PS3.

Now I've tried everything to fix this like I've waited on the loading screen for 30 mins and nothing happened. I quit the game and came back and when I clicked continue to start from where I was the loading screen comes up and the sound goes off and it stays like that. I've turned my PS3 off for a couple hours and came back to continue but the same thing happens. I have even restarted the chapter multiple times, but the same thing happens.

I just want to know if anyone else has experienced this problem and if there is a quick fix to it besides restarting the game on Crushing, and I'm afraid that if I restart then the same thing will happen.

Message 1 of 4 (1,069 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 glitch preventing me from progressing

Apr 10, 2013

@ ChrisRuler - This is definitely an ongoing glitch, it would appear. It is directly brought up from a ND associate here:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Please-read-if-spinning-ring-di...

So far, I have not heard of any fixes that consitently work, although are a few that have reported a couple techniques as succesful. I myself have the same problem, so I will be awaiting anyones reply of a consistent fix for this issue. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 4 (1,052 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Apr 10, 2013

i dont understand how they can have a game out that is complelty unplayable for alot of people for 2 years and still NOTHING, no response or fix, as much as i watn the last of us i may not get it

Message 3 of 4 (1,043 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2015
I have the same problem .I can I do do resolve diz this bug. I need de trophie platinum.
Message 4 of 4 (440 Views)
0 Likes