Mar 30 2013
By: GMRcris Fender Bender 4298 posts

Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

[ Edited ]
38 replies 662 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

I haven't here on the ND forums for quite some time so I apologies if I am posting in the wrong place (since the whole set up here seems to have changed quite a bit since I was on here active) or breaking some sort of "forum rule" I am not familiar with. 

Anyway the reason I am here posting is because someone told me it would be a good idea to post it here and perhaps get a few more people involved in the discussion I am trying to start with my videos. I simply want to get a good back and forth between people who have experience or played Uncharted 3, people of varying degrees of experience ranging from those all the way back from the Uncharted 3 summer beta, to as late as the people who might have recently hoped in  via the whole Free to play model that ND has introduced not to long ago. I just want a good back and forth between all who have experience Uncharted's multiplayer and get a good discussion going. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv2wr8J_1no

(this video focuses on the evolutionary changes in terms of gameplay, something that affects a lot of U3 players.)

At the same time I am also quite competitive and have always been a competitive gamer in the sense, and I also have a fairly strong focus and love for competitive gaming. So if this is your sort of thing or are even remotely interested in competitive gaming I would also really appreciate some feedback as to Uncharted 3 competitive, what is done right, what should be done, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpn01w8VU9Y

(this video focuses on the competitve aspect of U3, how it changed, and how it can affect even those that aren't competitive.)

I also do similar things for Uncharted 2 multiplayer as I really enjoyed that game as well for those interested but doesn't directly relate to the Uncharted 3 multiplayer 

Anyway I hope to see more feedback from the Uncharted community in the future as I think it's important to get a good discussion going with as many people as possible. I look forward to new feedback.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (662 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13032 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Mar 30, 2013

Watched, commented because I'm nice I guess.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (617 Views)
Sackboy
366 posts

Mar 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Subscribed to you, cause I'm nice too. :smileywink:

Anyways GMRcris, how is that w/l ratio of yours at the moment?

Do you have more than 3 ''losses'' now due to how awesome Uncharted 3 is on that aspect?

I remember it being around something like 450+ wins / 3 losses.. and I don't know why I remember it since it's been about a year ago when I  last saw it on the leaderboards.

I'm assuming you are accepting the games' automatic losses and seeing that w/lr go to ''waste''...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (563 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Mar 31, 2013
Are you playing this game again Cris?
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (535 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2013 posts

Mar 31, 2013

So i guess in customs you can trim away some of the crap, like kickbacks and power plays.

But blindfire (in its current OP form) and OP mele (plus the whack and roll Glitch), make "competitive" UC3 a complete joke.

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (512 Views)
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Mar 31, 2013
So you decided to take my advice :smileyvery-happy:. It'll be interesting to see how people react to this, there seems to be a negative connotation with competitive play on these forums.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Mar 31, 2013
There's no negative connotation to it, bro. It probs comes from the fact that most competitive anything turns into a dramafest.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (476 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 31, 2013

IzunaShisui wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Subscribed to you, cause I'm nice too. :smileywink:

Anyways GMRcris, how is that w/l ratio of yours at the moment?

Do you have more than 3 ''losses'' now due to how awesome Uncharted 3 is on that aspect?

I remember it being around something like 450+ wins / 3 losses.. and I don't know why I remember it since it's been about a year ago when I  last saw it on the leaderboards.

I'm assuming you are accepting the games' automatic losses and seeing that w/lr go to ''waste''...

SUBSCRIBE TO ME :smileymad:

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (467 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 31, 2013

The evolution of this game can be summed up shortly. It went from hope to crushed hope. Viciously crushed. By ND.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (464 Views)
Fender Bender
3077 posts

Mar 31, 2013

UC3 MP EVOLVED over the course of it's life span?  Was that a typo?  Perhaps the OP meant "DE-EVOLUTION." 

YOUTUBE SLEAZEVISION

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (448 Views)
0 Likes