Sackboy
402 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Mar 31, 2013

Personally, I'd say the game is better off now that it was before. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't run into nearly as many Rate of Fire users as before (I see a lot more Flynn's and Jade's M9 these days actually) I actually see plenty of people using the AK, and a decent amount using the Dragon Sniper and the FAL-SS (Which is understandable, as in their current state, each take a lot of skill to actually use efficiently). While there are still cheap tactics such as blindfire, I do think they have balanced the game more than it was last year.

Stat Hats should have never been implemented, but what's worse is that they actually thought ideas like a stat hat that lets you deal more damage, and effects like Cloaked that let you get the best benefit of Cloaked while still being able to use boosters like Fleet Foot and Scoped-In, were a good idea.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 39 (331 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013
Drama is sparse despite the common conception that the competitive community goes around insulting each other. Most of the time competition is brought up, it's in the form of complaining how someone was "trying to hard". I mean really? However I see your point in the drama that occasionally happens, however the "drama" is not a usual factor in FN or and competition really. It's a shame there are some who tarnish the competitive community's reputation.
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 39 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

I don't get it.

Why discussing a game you completely (rage) quit to protect your fake stats?

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 39 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
83 posts

Apr 1, 2013
*facepalm*. Does it really matter to you? Does it have anything to do with the post? No, and no. Get over it.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 39 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 2, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

So i guess in customs you can trim away some of the crap, like kickbacks and power plays.

But blindfire (in its current OP form) and OP mele (plus the whack and roll Glitch), make "competitive" UC3 a complete joke.

Yes in most cases that is what is usually done. I do very much agree with you the blind-fire in the game makes it very difficult for me personally to take the game seriously competitively. This is one of the issues that Uncharted has always had and I think the more we bring it up, the more hopefully ND takes notices and perhaps fixes it to the point where it isn't a main strategy for some people. Since I think most people would agree that aiming and getting kills via this way is far more skillful than letting the game just auto lock onto your targets and you just press square. At least I hope so anyway, maybe some people enjoy blind-firing people left and right for kills.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 39 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 2, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
There's no negative connotation to it, bro. It probs comes from the fact that most competitive anything turns into a dramafest.

Drama is something that is created by people, though the more agressive competitive nature of people who do play games comptitively kind of does stir up drama a bit more than normal play I would say.

I understand why people would look at "competitive play and players" a negative because of the drama or whatever, that being said I find it sad that people would. I would hope people would see it as a place to really get competitive, do what you enjoy doing, (I am assuming if you enjoy being competitive you would anyway) and at the same time build a sense of partnership with your team and friendly relations with over teams so you can scrim and get better togeather, promoting stronger and closer matches in the future for others to enjoy and watch.

It's unfortunate that drama is an issue for some, but keep in mind this is more often than not spawned from people, more often those who are immature about the nature of competition.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 39 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Orochidude wrote:

Personally, I'd say the game is better off now that it was before. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't run into nearly as many Rate of Fire users as before (I see a lot more Flynn's and Jade's M9 these days actually) I actually see plenty of people using the AK, and a decent amount using the Dragon Sniper and the FAL-SS (Which is understandable, as in their current state, each take a lot of skill to actually use efficiently). While there are still cheap tactics such as blindfire, I do think they have balanced the game more than it was last year.

Stat Hats should have never been implemented, but what's worse is that they actually thought ideas like a stat hat that lets you deal more damage, and effects like Cloaked that let you get the best benefit of Cloaked while still being able to use boosters like Fleet Foot and Scoped-In, were a good idea.

I could see why people think the game is better now, but I personally don't. That being said I feel the game overall just had such a fragile and poor sense of balance in terms of weapons, kickbacks, and even the map design, that it seemed like the game would just re-break or become unbalanced shortly after ND "fixed or nerfed" anything. Like I said this just illustrate poor multiplayer design overall if the entire structure and balance of the game feel apart on itself time and time again.

As for the stat hats I do agree I don't have any idea why they would implement such an idea to further complicate and unbalance the already fragile MP U3 is. I would have been perfectly fine with hats and what have you without stats and what not. But the whole idea that they had little perks and stats to them was completely rediculous in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 39 (221 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Apr 2, 2013
You must love saying "that being said" as much as I love saying "anyway", don't you, cris?
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 39 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 3, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
You must love saying "that being said" as much as I love saying "anyway", don't you, cris?

Do I? I don't really keep track of what I say. Apart from the fact I figured I say "like" and "and" a lot which I'm not even positive on either.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 39 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Apr 4, 2013
You do bro, especially on long posts. Anyway, have fun with your competitive stuff. :smileyhappy:
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 39 (148 Views)
0 Likes