Reply
Last Guardian
Registered: 11/24/2011
Offline
11295 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 4, 2013
If blindfire wasn't so OP i'd play this game more often. I know the lag can't be taken out from U3 but the blindfire fest is just ridiculous. I played this game a few days ago and there were some KSA people running around with shotgun-KALs... not to mention they started off with the M9... changed to KAL because they were losing.
Message 21 of 39 (386 Views)
First Son
Registered: 09/27/2008
Online
19 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 4, 2013

Well for 1 what needs to happen for UC3 &The Last of Us multiplayer going forward & I'm suprised know one mentioned this at all.This idea is brilliant since lag gives a unfair advantage in matches why naughtydog can't you incorporate a feature where people with subpar internet play with others with subpar internet.And believe me when i say this there are alot of them out there, & people with excellent internet such as myself play with other players with my internet connection. Basically a search feature to search for players with great internet connection & the good thing about it your not fragmenting the community. I don't even have a degree in this field of Game & Art design yet, just was doing some brainstorming & came up with a solution for sure your welcome.

Message 22 of 39 (348 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4343 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 5, 2013

renatabls wrote:
If blindfire wasn't so OP i'd play this game more often. I know the lag can't be taken out from U3 but the blindfire fest is just ridiculous. I played this game a few days ago and there were some KSA people running around with shotgun-KALs... not to mention they started off with the M9... changed to KAL because they were losing.

This should just remove the auto lock or make it so that when you do hip-fire you have to aim it like you do in other shooters with hip-fire, instead of having the bullets curve around and auto lock to the nearest target magically. This should be something ND should considered.

Message 23 of 39 (309 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 02/17/2010
Offline
4343 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 5, 2013

tusunami wrote:

Well for 1 what needs to happen for UC3 &The Last of Us multiplayer going forward & I'm suprised know one mentioned this at all.This idea is brilliant since lag gives a unfair advantage in matches why naughtydog can't you incorporate a feature where people with subpar internet play with others with subpar internet.And believe me when i say this there are alot of them out there, & people with excellent internet such as myself play with other players with my internet connection. Basically a search feature to search for players with great internet connection & the good thing about it your not fragmenting the community. I don't even have a degree in this field of Game & Art design yet, just was doing some brainstorming & came up with a solution for sure your welcome.


I actually don't think thats a good solution. I think ND should look at other MP games and notice how the majority of the time being laggy is of no benfit to anyone, where as in Uncharted having bad internet leads to you magically eating more bullets than you should, killing people behind walls, etc...I'm honestly not sure how ND came up with a way for having bad internet to be an advatange vs. a disadvatage but ND should definitely at the very least considering turning this around. Since I doubt there is anything much they can do about people and their bad internet, at the very least they could encourage people to upgrade to faster internet by not giving people with bad connections advantage.

Message 24 of 39 (308 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14139 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 5, 2013

GMRcris wrote:

tusunami wrote:

Well for 1 what needs to happen for UC3 &The Last of Us multiplayer going forward & I'm suprised know one mentioned this at all.This idea is brilliant since lag gives a unfair advantage in matches why naughtydog can't you incorporate a feature where people with subpar internet play with others with subpar internet.And believe me when i say this there are alot of them out there, & people with excellent internet such as myself play with other players with my internet connection. Basically a search feature to search for players with great internet connection & the good thing about it your not fragmenting the community. I don't even have a degree in this field of Game & Art design yet, just was doing some brainstorming & came up with a solution for sure your welcome.


I actually don't think thats a good solution. I think ND should look at other MP games and notice how the majority of the time being laggy is of no benfit to anyone, where as in Uncharted having bad internet leads to you magically eating more bullets than you should, killing people behind walls, etc...I'm honestly not sure how ND came up with a way for having bad internet to be an advatange vs. a disadvatage but ND should definitely at the very least considering turning this around. Since I doubt there is anything much they can do about people and their bad internet, at the very least they could encourage people to upgrade to faster internet by not giving people with bad connections advantage.


They also would need region locking if they were to do that.

 

It wouldn't entirely be my fault with my fantastic connection if I was put in a match with Mexicans. I don't have control over who the host would be and I'm going to lag due to the sheer distance involved.

 

They need lag protection but they also need to work on a ping limit for that protection.

 

You can't be giving freezing players advantages, someone with about a 180 ping to the host would be not laggy, but would be at a servere disadavantage when firing which is where the protection should help.

 

 



Message 25 of 39 (296 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3959 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 5, 2013

The evolution of this game started going backwards at patch 1.13

Message 26 of 39 (295 Views)
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14139 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

The evolution of this game started going backwards at patch 1.13


I'd say as early as 1.06 It's been going backwards.

 

Well technically since I played the summer beta, it's been going backwards since the beta.

 

That beta should have been the finished product, I wish it was rose tinted glasses, looking back at the past but it's not. It was just vastly superior in every conceivable way.

 

Yeah there were some issues, but those issues were much easier to live with than what we have now.

 

The only huge annoyance in that summer beta was the glitches being so easy to do. but it would have been easily fixable.



Message 27 of 39 (275 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 05/13/2010
Offline
3959 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 6, 2013

Scorpion1505 (not sure about the numbers part) stated before that he tested 2 ISPs in the same house on 2 TVs playing U3 at the same time. He saw 400-800ms delays in game. He would fire the gun and hear it on his other TV .5 sec later. Even in a private match. The lag is INHERENT. ND wanted it there or has totaly broken (and apparently unfixable) netcode. So splitting the laggers out and letting them play together wouldn't help. I've played against my good friends, who I know have very good internet and live within 500 miles of me, and they got party split to the other team. Typically one of us is b!tch!n about the other lagging. Why is this? It's INHERENT lag. Built in!   

Message 28 of 39 (247 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
First Son
Registered: 09/27/2008
Online
19 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 7, 2013
Just curious about this free to play, how many have even bought the game really? Because it doesn't seem like enough people if that have even bothered to buy the game. I know what the strategy was for having it , but it's definitely ineffective.
Message 29 of 39 (216 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/25/2011
Online
2201 posts
 

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 7, 2013

tusunami wrote:
Just curious about this free to play, how many have even bought the game really? Because it doesn't seem like enough people if that have even bothered to buy the game. I know what the strategy was for having it , but it's definitely ineffective.

Im gonna say about 15000-10000 players bought the full game.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 30 of 39 (212 Views)
Reply
0 Likes