Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
233 posts

Re: Uncharted 3 multiplayer evolution discussion

Apr 7, 2013
My face brightens up everytime I see you sign online on my friends list. Ahaha. Great to see you using the forums Cris.

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 39 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Apr 7, 2013
@tusu I bought the disc three times.

Don't ask why, I just did.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 39 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4888 posts

Apr 7, 2013
We're back at square one. What was the main issue in the first month of Uncharted 3? Blindfire. What's the main issue now? Blindfire. We have the same problem now that we did on Uncharted 3's release month.
 photo original_zpsf4794f45.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 39 (202 Views)
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 7, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:
We're back at square one. What was the main issue in the first month of Uncharted 3? Blindfire. What's the main issue now? Blindfire. We have the same problem now that we did on Uncharted 3's release month.

I was thinking the same thing, what a mess we've gotten ourselves into.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 39 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

GMRcris wrote:

tusunami wrote:

Well for 1 what needs to happen for UC3 &The Last of Us multiplayer going forward & I'm suprised know one mentioned this at all.This idea is brilliant since lag gives a unfair advantage in matches why naughtydog can't you incorporate a feature where people with subpar internet play with others with subpar internet.And believe me when i say this there are alot of them out there, & people with excellent internet such as myself play with other players with my internet connection. Basically a search feature to search for players with great internet connection & the good thing about it your not fragmenting the community. I don't even have a degree in this field of Game & Art design yet, just was doing some brainstorming & came up with a solution for sure your welcome.

I actually don't think thats a good solution. I think ND should look at other MP games and notice how the majority of the time being laggy is of no benfit to anyone, where as in Uncharted having bad internet leads to you magically eating more bullets than you should, killing people behind walls, etc...I'm honestly not sure how ND came up with a way for having bad internet to be an advatange vs. a disadvatage but ND should definitely at the very least considering turning this around. Since I doubt there is anything much they can do about people and their bad internet, at the very least they could encourage people to upgrade to faster internet by not giving people with bad connections advantage.

They also would need region locking if they were to do that.

It wouldn't entirely be my fault with my fantastic connection if I was put in a match with Mexicans. I don't have control over who the host would be and I'm going to lag due to the sheer distance involved.

They need lag protection but they also need to work on a ping limit for that protection.

You can't be giving freezing players advantages, someone with about a 180 ping to the host would be not laggy, but would be at a servere disadavantage when firing which is where the protection should help.

I assumed the game choose the person with the best internet connection/most open NAT type would be given host. If it didn't do that at the bare minimum my mind would  be blown.

That being said, I still think the overall best solution is to simply design the game online where people with poor connections to be more at a disadvantage, where as typically in Uncharted 2 & 3 people with poor connections usually had some "interesting" ADVANTAGES. For example eating more bullets than normal, shooting your around walls, etc...

As for the lag that pertains more to distance, there really can't be much done about it. If you live in europe, and your in matchmaking and very few european players are playing, the game will probably throw you up against the next best thing I would assume. It doesn't help that unlike some more larger multiplayer games out there, Uncharted definitely doesn't have the vast player pool others have. That and the player pool seems to range from people in Brazil all the way to people in New Zealand. Which isn't a bad thing outright, but when it comes to online play it does hurt.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 39 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

xxBLiTZKREIGxx wrote:

The evolution of this game started going backwards at patch 1.13

I'd say as early as 1.06 It's been going backwards.

Well technically since I played the summer beta, it's been going backwards since the beta.

That beta should have been the finished product, I wish it was rose tinted glasses, looking back at the past but it's not. It was just vastly superior in every conceivable way.

Yeah there were some issues, but those issues were much easier to live with than what we have now.

The only huge annoyance in that summer beta was the glitches being so easy to do. but it would have been easily fixable.

If they buffed up the M9 from the summer beta to make it more practical, removed AK-47 rate of fire attachment, then yes I would agree the summer beta was far better than the final game in my opinion. Still wasn't perfect I guess but overall I think the general simplicity was better, hence why people prefer U2 to U3. The simplicity and with less things like power plays, kickbakcs, etc.  it made the aspect of balance in U2's multiplayer far easier to achieve, more so than U3 could ever hope to anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 39 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 11, 2013

NikeMurphDawg wrote:

That's ironically true. Figured this would happen as soon as they nerfed the G-MAL/FAL aim assist (which needed to be in the sense that aiming it took no skill, sorry it really didn't.) but at t he same time I knew if they did, it would only highlight the other issue, since aiming the G-MAL/FAL was no longer the easiest strategy in the game, I knew what peopl would resort to next, blind-firing, specifically the M9, since while there was a slight hip-fire nerf prior, it did very little to decrease it's overall effectiveness. Pair this with the fact that it was also now the easiest weapon to aim due to it having the easiest recoil to handle vs. the AK-47, it would become the dominant weapon.

They should have reduced hip-fire effectiveness along side the decrease in AA on the G-MAL/FAL to make the game a bit more balanced overall. But I guess not lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 39 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
591 posts

Apr 11, 2013

The whole game is designed around blindfire and every new feature and change since the summer beta was made with blindfire in mind.

Here you can see what changes they won't or eventually will consider:

KLICK

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 39 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4298 posts

Apr 13, 2013

Lordidude wrote:

The whole game is designed around blindfire and every new feature and change since the summer beta was made with blindfire in mind.

Here you can see what changes they won't or eventually will consider:

KLICK

Not really, the game was just clearly designed by very few people who have a understanding of how to make a accessible, long lasting/appealing and balanced multiplayer.

1. Nobody (as far as I know) had any gripes about how aiming felt in U2 yet they decided to completely rework the feel of it in U3? Why? No clue. On top of all that the SP and MP in terms of feel, don't even feel the same. Where as in Uncharted 2 if you play the SP you would instantly feel right at home (outside of having no fall damage in the MP), where as in Uncharted 3 aiming, even animations felt oddly different from the MP. I believe they even had to update the aiming in the SP since so many people griped about it. This is already a bad sign.

2. Look ND no one outside of Playstation/Uncharted fans really care about Uncharted's multiplayer.(this in part is due with the fact the media gives you about two cents about Uncharted even having MP and even less people who play games even know it's there give it a fair chance) Your going to have to get over this. So know your audience and own it. We may be the minority, but we are vocal and we keep the game alive. There is NO POINT going for th CoD audience. Look I understand there are probably some people at your office they see that group and think you might be able to grab a few of them but the reality is the only thing that will happen is you will entertain them for a month at best, they will move and grab CoD again and continue and if your going to try to incorporate elements from another major game, could you at the very least do it AS GOOD or BETTER? Don't just copy something and half **bleep** it. I would argue copying is half assing it. So what your quarter assing it? I don't even know anymore. Point is know your audience, support these people, and if you have to try to branch out, do it right at the very least seriously...

3. I have no idea how "experience" you guys may or may not be. Regardless if some people at the ND office are terrible at competitive multiplayer, or maybe some of you are actually fairly good. Remember, making your game ACCESSIBLE is not the same is making it dumbed down and broken beyond natural belief. Look when every 2 months people are finding something blatantly broken to abuse, you have a problem. It's perfectly normal for a game not to be perfectly balanced. That being said U3 was a terrible in comparision to U2's MP balance. Yes I understand U3 had far more elements in the game that were likely to add some complications, but if they honestly are going to do more harm than good, don't add them. Also I am assuming ND's idea of accessible and fun isn't to run around hip-firing punching everyone at their offices where the test the game, but it's kind of hard to from the final product U3 MP turned out to be. I'm also not sure who's idea it was for the FAL-SS to pass any form of testing seeing as how it was a 4 shot kill weapon with an incredibly high rate of fire and on top of that ALL zoomed in weapons had incredibly high AA. Yeah....I mean if your idea was to replicate CoD via TTK weapons, at least you got ONE of the weapons in the game pretty close with the FAL-SS lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Likes